Athlon Rankings

I think ND's meh sched plays into their rankings. With their talent and experience they should be favored in every game except USC. If they do worse than 9-3 Charlie should get canned.

I will be surprised if they lose 3 games, with the weak schedual and having 8 home games. I will watch very closely to see how the comps rate them, with the strength of schedual they have. If they get to a BCS game with the teams they face this year, its a joke.

GBR!!!

Ouch, NU comes in at 16 and now all the people that were freaking out and threating to never read Athlons again are going to look kinda silly.

You said it! Thank goodness we weren't ranked number 1...

OU, OSU and UT are all ranked in the top 10 in every pre-season poll!

Dont get too excited Saunders.

Athlon sucks man. Last year, the had NU finishing in 4th place. Plus, they have Notre Dame ranked. That pretty much invalidates their entire rankings.

I have heard some people dont think they are very credible. :lol:;)

Ha. I wasn't getting excited, just very surprised. Preseason rankings mean jack squat. The only benefit, is that you have a better chance of staying ranked throughout the season, as long as you don't lose a bunch of games in a row. Plus, a ranked VT and NU squad will probably garner a national TV game, and maybe even gameday.

Dont get too excited Saunders.

Athlon sucks man. Last year, the had NU finishing in 4th place. Plus, they have Notre Dame ranked. That pretty much invalidates their entire rankings.

I have heard some people dont think they are very credible. :lol:;)

I was just thinking about accurate that site was :clap

I think ND's meh sched plays into their rankings. With their talent and experience they should be favored in every game except USC. If they do worse than 9-3 Charlie should get canned.

I will be surprised if they lose 3 games, with the weak schedual and having 8 home games. I will watch very closely to see how the comps rate them, with the strength of schedual they have. If they get to a BCS game with the teams they face this year, its a joke.

GBR!!!

I don't know what is making every one so confident that the Irish will be better. So they have 8 home games. At least 3 of those will be losses! If it weren't for the two Pac-10 pansies on their sched. Was and Wash St. then I wouldn't see them winning 6! Hell, I would love to trade those teams for FAU and ULL off our schedule. And I'm not kidding about that! Your right that their S.O.S is a joke, but ND will still be .500 team.