This years "breakout" defensive player?

im going to pick hagg, i think he'll be a starter at one of the safety positions before its said and done this year, maybe at asante's position

I don't see anybody taking Asante's spot unless he's hurt, Asante is a quality safety. I think it will be Pierre Allen or whomever the other safety will be

:yeah Asante is my pick for having a bigtime break out year. I think he will be all Big12, as he has all the tools, and another year in Bo's system.

I think it will be Allen...I think Allen and Suh need to dominate up front. That will take the pressure off the secondary. QB's need time to throw, if Allen and Suh can put pressure on them it will cut down on their success.

I'm going to go with Amukamara. He has the size, speed and athleticism to be a shut down corner. He seemed to come on later in the season and hopefully he can continue to improve with the off season training.

This guy has the most athletic ability on the team and I think this year he starts to show his promise. That's my vote.

im going to pick hagg, i think he'll be a starter at one of the safety positions before its said and done this year, maybe at asante's position

I don't see anybody taking Asante's spot unless he's hurt, Asante is a quality safety. I think it will be Pierre Allen or whomever the other safety will be

I have heard this many times, but I haven't seen it yet.

this is the exact reply I would have given. I'd like for Asante to be the breakout player but I have seen maybe one memorable play from him (good memorable, i can think of more bad memorable). Most think Hagg has a shot at the other safety spot, but I'm here saying he can challenge Asante bc we haven't seen near as much good play from Asante as Hagg.

I think multiple players will have good years, another year in the system will benifit all the players. If there needs to be a breakout player it better be Zac Lee at QB - Nebraska will live or die by his decisions and play-making ability.

I was about to make a wise-donkey comment about QB not being a defensive position - - then I thought about last years clock-hogging offense and Ganz. Joe might have been the second best defensive player last year after Suh.

Woah.

Anyways, I'm picking Sean Fisher.

I'm gonna throw out four guys but group them into one. Baker, Terrance Moore, Cam Merideth, and Josh Williams/Will Yancy. Anything from these four/five mean that we are building good quality depth on the D-Line and are allowing guys like Suh, Allen, Turner some series off instead of being on the field for every snap. Plus it would only make the 2010 look so much sweeter.

I believe we may have done a similar thread last offseason.

My choice: Anthony Blue. I think Blue bounces back from the knee injury and really makes some noise in the secondary this year! The guy is 5'10", 185, and prior to his knee injury, he ran the 200m in 21.17. Assuming he makes a full recovery, Blue has the height and speed to be a solid corner. Also, I just cant take another year of watching Anthony West give up the long ball, or any ball that is in the air for that matter.. <_<

Your thoughts?

Im taking a CB as well but mine is Dennard.He has it al.The moment he puts it all together mentally is the moment he becomes a star.Heres my prediction.By seasons end he will have beaten out West and start at CB opposite Prince.

It all starts with pressure and play making ability at the line of scrimmage. Barry Turner. If this guy can break out, and Suh and Allen are as solid as last year, there is going to be some serious havoc in opposing backfields. :hellloooo

:yeah

If Suh and Allen are as solid this year as they were last year, and Turner has a break out season, this 2009 Nebraska defensive line could be one of the best in the country without question. Every good defense starts up front.

I don't see anybody taking Asante's spot unless he's hurt, Asante is a quality linebacker. I think it will be Pierre Allen or whomever the other safety will be

fixed your post

I believe we may have done a similar thread last offseason.

My choice: Anthony Blue. I think Blue bounces back from the knee injury and really makes some noise in the secondary this year! The guy is 5'10", 185, and prior to his knee injury, he ran the 200m in 21.17. Assuming he makes a full recovery, Blue has the height and speed to be a solid corner. Also, I just cant take another year of watching Anthony West give up the long ball, or any ball that is in the air for that matter.. <_<

Your thoughts?

Im taking a CB as well but mine is Dennard.He has it al.The moment he puts it all together mentally is the moment he becomes a star.Heres my prediction.By seasons end he will have beaten out West and start at CB opposite Prince.

not a bad pick, dennard impresses me as well, but i will be surprised if he plays over west, the coaches seem to really like west.

I like Prince this year with all that athelitism, the progress he seemed to be making at the end of last year, and a potential nightmare for big 12 QB's brewing on the line, I think this kid is in the right place at the right time. (Dennard would be my second choice for a break out year).