Any Chance for College gameday?

Iw as just curious if The season Goes as Alot of people expect and we can roll into the NU VS. OU Game with 1 At most 2 loses, Will we get Game day for November 7th? Or even the texas tech game?

well theres always a chance. I think gameday was here for the USC game, right? I mean, it depends a great deal on how we have played to that point though- and OU as well.

So far on that date USC at Arizona State is the only set TV game. That game will be on at 8pm on ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC depending on how good ASU is.

Unfortunately the Ohio State @ Penn State game is also on that day so more than likely Gameday will be at that game... LSU @ Alabama is that day as well... so it's going to be VERY interesting who gets the ESPN slots and who is left out.

Of the big four the only one that likely won't be a good game is the only one guaranteed to be on TV. Figure that one out.

Iw as just curious if The season Goes as Alot of people expect and we can roll into the NU VS. OU Game with 1 At most 2 loses, Will we get Game day for November 7th? Or even the texas tech game?

I wouldn't count on it. The OU game is our best shot, but Ohio St will be playing Penn St that same week, so unless we go into the game undefeated, I doubt ABC/ESPN will chose Lincoln over the Big10 and Happy Valley.

The TT @ NU is even less likely because Oct. 17th is the week of the Red River Rivalry. Given that NU will have been on ESPN the Thursday before, and the fact that TT will probably be a one loss team at the time, I can't see that happening.

There is a chance NU could be on game day just not in Lincoln. I could see either NU @ Baylor on Halloween, which would contend with the USC Oregon St rematch in L.A. and Florida @ Georgia. Or the most likely candidate to me @ KU the same week that TU plays @ Baylor, because there aren't many games on besides maybe Florida @ South Carilona or ND @ Pitt that weekend.

If we are undefeated, then I think we get Gameday. People still remember the NU-OU rivalry as something special. If both teams are undefeated, it will be huge.

If we have one loss, then they probably go elsewhere.

Totally agree with this. Seems it would br hard to pass up OU V NU if we are both undefeated. :box

I wouldn't count on it. The OU game is our best shot, but Ohio St will be playing Penn St that same week, so unless we go into the game undefeated, I doubt ABC/ESPN will chose Lincoln over the Big10 and Happy Valley.

The TT @ NU is even less likely because Oct. 17th is the week of the Red River Rivalry. Given that NU will have been on ESPN the Thursday before, and the fact that TT will probably be a one loss team at the time, I can't see that happening.

There is a chance NU could be on game day just not in Lincoln. I could see either NU @ Baylor on Halloween, which would contend with the USC Oregon St rematch in L.A. and Florida @ Georgia. Or the most likely candidate to me @ KU the same week that TU plays @ Baylor, because there aren't many games on besides maybe Florida @ South Carilona or ND @ Pitt that weekend.

:yeah

Unless we go undefeated into that game (and we are playing well) and Penn State and Ohio State both have a loss or two, then we won't get College Gameday.

Besides, honestly, it is the most useless and over-hyped thing in all of sports. "Oh God I can't wait to see that shenanigan Corso put a drawn out mascot uniform to please thousands of fans across the nation!" It's useless, redundant, and over-done.

If we are undefeated, then I think we get Gameday. People still remember the NU-OU rivalry as something special. If both teams are undefeated, it will be huge.

Totally agree with this. Seems it would br hard to pass up OU V NU if we are both undefeated. :box

I'd agree with this if it wasn't ESPN we were talking about. They won't pass on the SEC *since they are partners now* or their hard-on for all things Big 10, even for NU vs. OU. They should as it is the best game, but it's ESPN and Politics is king.

I'd agree with this if it wasn't ESPN we were talking about. They won't pass on the SEC *since they are partners now* or their hard-on for all things Big 10, even for NU vs. OU. They should as it is the best game, but it's ESPN and Politics is king.

I concur as well. You know they'd play up the whole "Game of the Century" angle. But depending on the records of PSU/OSU or LSU/Bama it might be a hell of a tough choice...

I could see them stop in Blacksburg, especially if Tech puts a decent win on Bama to open the year. We should be 2-0 by then and Va Tech will be hyped pretty good considering they probably will be a preseason Top Ten and beating Bama will probably bump them higher. Plus Blacksburg is a great game day setting.

The only real "big" competing game is Tennessee and Florida, which gives ESPN plenty of chances to show off their man crush on Tebow. They also could overhype the Texas/Tech game playing the Crabtree play bout 100 times. This will not be a game this year though. The other wild card game could be Florida St. @ BYU, as ESPN has their times when they would profile a game like this.

:rollin

:yeah

Unless we go undefeated into that game (and we are playing well) and Penn State and Ohio State both have a loss or two, then we won't get College Gameday.

Besides, honestly, it is the most useless and over-hyped thing in all of sports. "Oh God I can't wait to see that shenanigan Corso put a drawn out mascot uniform to please thousands of fans across the nation!" It's useless, redundant, and over-done.

I like this, mainly because it is very, VERY true. Gameday sucks pretty bad to actually go to anyways. I'll guarantee that Gameday will be at the LSU (1 loss) and Alabama (1 loss) game which will effectively eliminate the loser from the SEC West race.

IF, and its a rather big if considering the trip to Blacksburg, NU and OU are both undefeated there is pretty good odds. It would mean a top 10 matchup, and the Big XII is more appealing than the Big 11 after the last few years. If NU loses at VaTech, or OU stumbles somewhere, not a chance.

ive with some of the above posters thinking that if nebraska comes into the OU game undefeated and the sooners are also undefeated, i wouldnt be surprised to see College Gameday in Lincoln, that right there is our best chance in my opinion