LB Holt Injured

Husker LB Holt injured

LJS

Nebraska sophomore linebacker Matt Holt suffered a recent shoulder injury and likely is out for the season, according to sources close to the program.

We'll ask Husker head coach Bo Pelini about this and any other injuries Monday when Big 12 media days commence in Irving, Texas.

The 6-foot, 200-pound Holt, a walk-on from Lee's Summitt, Mo., stepped into a prominent role at midseason in 2008 and finished the season with 14 tackles, including eight at Texas Tech. He missed the final month of the campaign with a shoulder injury but returned for spring ball.

He recorded three tackles in the Red-White Spring Game.

I don't know if Holt's shoulder injury last season is related to his current issue.

That sucks, but i think he was a secondary linebacker going into this season behind Matthew May and Alonzo Whaley. So it doesnt really hurt us LB wise. Still though, hope he gets better and can be ready next season if it is a season ending injury.

That sucks, but i think he was a secondary linebacker going into this season behind Matthew May and Alonzo Whaley. So it doesnt really hurt us LB wise. Still though, hope he gets better and can be ready next season if it is a season ending injury.

Of course it hurts, its called depth. Of the three original starting LB's last season how many played in the Gator Bowl?????

My recollection is, that Holt was expected to play that coverted hybred role that every team defending the spread wants to have, so, yeah this could hurt a bit.

As long as the words "Suh" and "injury" don't show up in the paper for another six months, it's okay. At least on defense. "Helu," "Lee," "Paul," "Castille" and others would be unpleasant to read, too.

Well, seeing as how "Paul" and "arrested" have already come up, we should definitely hope there'd be no injury news with him. At that point, a big fat :bang would be appropriate... or maybe a good old :facepalm:

My recollection is, that Holt was expected to play that coverted hybred role that every team defending the spread wants to have, so, yeah this could hurt a bit.

Not sure which role you mean. I believe Matt May is in the LB/DB role. Both Turner and Allen were playing the DE/LB role last year.

See i heard that the starters for LB we expected to be Dillard, May and Koehler. Will Compton, Sean Fisher, and Matt Holt were expect to either still compete for a starting position or backup, but even behind them there is still talent such as Graham Stoddard, Alonzo Whaley and Blake Lawrence.

Although isnt Lawrence out to injury, or something? I couldve swore i heard he wasnt playing this year.