Cy's Amazing Pre-Season Predictions

Pay no attention to Sports Writers and their predictions. They are idiots who get all their information from the internet. Pay no attention to the internet predictions since the guys who make those predictions are losers who live in their mother's basement...Pay no attention to coaches polls. Most of them didn't get where they are through their amazing intellect...

Nope...the guy who KNOWS which team is going to do what is Cy. With a 98.9% success record in predicting results on this very board, Cy is the guy you should depend on for accurate and correct predictions...with that being said. Here are the final rankings for the Big 12 North at the conclusion of the 2009 season:

Kansas - 9-3

Yet again, Kansas has the biggest cupcake schedule in the world, starting the season off with battles against Northern Colorado, UTEP, Duke and Southern Miss. To add insult to injury they then take on the mighty Iowa State Cyclones at home followed by Colorado. KU should start off 6-0. After that, their heads deflate a little bit against OU and T-Tech (both resulting in loses) then play a laugher against K-State. The final three games (NU, Texas, MU) are tough but I think Kansas will take NU at home and Missou will have faded and died by that time

Nebraska - 8-4

The first two games should be easy wins but I'm worried that the V-Tech game comes too early in the season and the Husker DB's and LB's won't be settled enough to pull this one off. If it came later in the season I would pick NU but not right now. Nebraska should knock off MU, Baylor and Colorado on the road and easily crush ISU and KSU at home (much to the thrill of the 8,945th or whatever it is sell out crowd). Oklahoma will probably be a loss and I'm taking Kansas and their home field advantage along with T-Tech who has a better defense than people give them credit for.

Iowa State - 7-5

Me and my Clones will be bowl bound thanks to an easy schedule and a new coaching staff. ISU should be able to pick off 3 of 4 non-conference games (North Dakota State, Kent State, Army with a super annoying loss to the felons from Iowa) along with K-State down in Arrowhead. Wins at home against Baylor and Colorado along with a first conference road win since the Civil War agains A&M will help offset loses to Kansas, Nebraska, OK State and Missouri to give ISU their first bowl bid since...forever. Of course they will get their asses kicked at, like, the Oreo Cookie bowl or something but still....

Missouri - 6-6

Non-conference beat downs by Illinois and Nevada followed by loses to Nebraska, OK-State and Texas should have Missouri sucking wind by the middle of the season that wins agains Bowling Green and Furman will not be able to offset. Luckily for Missouri, they finish the season with Colorado, Baylor, K-State and Iowa State before losing the season finale to Kansas. Missouri has a tough row to hoe this year with their rookie quarterback and questionable defense. The competition is too experienced.

Colorado - 4-8

You can always count on Colorado for two things...injuries and under-achieving. They open the Colorado State who actually have a real decent team this year and, I predict, should shock the Buffs at home. The non-conference schedule also includes West Virigina who will also thump the Buffs. Toledo and Wyoming are not pushovers either but CU should win those. After that...all bets are off as CU has to take on the tough opponents (Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska-all loses) at home where their obnoxious fans will be nolified by opposing talent and games they could possible win are on the road as the Buff visit Texas (where they won't win), KSU (a win for CU), ISU (a loss of the Buffs) and OK-State (another drubbing). A&M at home is their biggest break.

Kansas State - 4-8

Bill Snyder's return starts off with a decent non-conference schedule (except UCLA...someone probably got fired for that one) which should give them some confidence before getting drilled by ISU at Arrowhead and Texas Tech. A win agains A&M will be followed by the traditional poundings by Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska leaving Bill to wonder why the hell he agreed to come back. Oh well, at least the last three games are at home so the fans won't have to drive as far to get drunk.

There you have the final standings for the Big 12 North. Now you don't even have to watch the games. Think of all the money, gas and energy you'll be saving thanks to Cy! No...no...no need to thank me. I'm just doing my part to make this a better country for all of us.

Colorado is waaaaaay under-rated. They missed a bowl last year only b/c of massive injuries. They'll be ahead of Mizzou this year and behind Nebraska in the W-L column.

+1 !!!!! finally someone else gets it!!!! Colorado will finish 2nd in the north behind Nebraska.

:rollin:rollin excuse me, Hawkins better produce or he will be gone before you know it.

Good assesment. However I think Missouri will not be the pushover that most are counting on them to be. Now don't get me wrong...I'd love for the Huskers to hang 100 on em and stop this 52-17 chant that they have been spouting since last yeat....But that is going to be a tough game! I think that one will be a toss up...but we will see soon enough.

GO BIG RED!

Colorado is waaaaaay under-rated. They missed a bowl last year only b/c of massive injuries. They'll be ahead of Mizzou this year and behind Nebraska in the W-L column.

+1 !!!!! finally someone else gets it!!!! Colorado will finish 2nd in the north behind Nebraska.

doubtful, but one never knows.

I'd more concerned about MU than TTech to be honest.. MU lost a lot of firepower but you're kidding yourself if you think MU doesn't have the talent to beat us if we come into the game flat... and you know Gabbert would love to stick it to us. Oh and it's a road opener for the conference season.. that adds a little difficulty. However; I think Pelini will have the boys ready to play and we should take this one.

As for TTech, we should have beaten them last year (dead horse)... oh and the year before that and the year before that and.. well yeah. Anyway, we should be significantly better than last year (and have a few games under our belt this season), and TTech will be taking a big step down with losing Harrel and Crabtree (may he quit being a baby and sign with the 9'ers already). Add all that to the fact that most of the seniors will probably need to be taken off the field in straight jackets if they get beat by tech once again... and I think we'll win this one.

I'd more concerned about MU than TTech to be honest.. it's very possible we have a emotional hangover from V. Tech if we lose a close one/get blown out.

As for TTech, we should have beaten them last year. We should be better than last year and I think TTech will be taking a step down. All of that should equal out to a win for us.

you have to outscore TT and i do not think the skers will have the O to do it.

I'd more concerned about MU than TTech to be honest.. it's very possible we have a emotional hangover from V. Tech if we lose a close one/get blown out.

As for TTech, we should have beaten them last year. We should be better than last year and I think TTech will be taking a step down. All of that should equal out to a win for us.

you have to outscore TT and i do not think the skers will have the O to do it.

If it was down there I would have to agree with you but with it being a home game I would give the huskers a very small edge. But that is why we play the games.