Weak Non-Conference Schedule for 2010

what year is it that we go out to wyoming? does anyone else think THAT is a little crazy?

The Huskers are coming to Laramie in 2011. And yes I think its a little crazy that our AD was

able to get a program like Nebraska in our stadium along with Texas coming to town this year.

Congrats on your team beating Tennessee in Knoxville last season... :thumbs

Now...beat Colorado!

what year is it that we go out to wyoming? does anyone else think THAT is a little crazy?

The Huskers are coming to Laramie in 2011. And yes I think its a little crazy that our AD was

able to get a program like Nebraska in our stadium along with Texas coming to town this year.

Congrats on your team beating Tennessee in Knoxville last season... :thumbs

Now...beat Colorado!

I hate Colorado!

They're too big of a program (in their own minds of course) to ever venture up to Laramie for a football game

Didn't take the time to see if this was said, but if it was here it is anyways.

One good thing about a weak schedule is that it plays to our national championship hopes. We play weak non-con teams and get Texas, OSU, and Texas A&M, two of which lose a quarterback that has done a lot of good things for their team.

In the North, Kansas loses Reesing and most of the other North schools will still be trying to find their way with young, inexperienced players all around. We will have a Senior quarterback, two senior running backs, a talented and deep offensive line, experienced wide receivers, and a young and extremely talented defense (this, of course, is going off of the assumption that we have a very successful season like last year and really progress).

Given that we have a great season in '09, we may even be favored to win the Big 12 next year even if Bradford returns (which I really doubt he will).

There may be skeptics next year if we run the table on our schedule, but that is something Nebraska has always had to take.

Don't get to confident about those team losing QB's If you look around the Big 12 and the country a lot of quarterbacks are coming from LA, TX and OK. I don't know what OK has lined up but you know Texas doesn't have a bare cupboard.

Didn't take the time to see if this was said, but if it was here it is anyways.

One good thing about a weak schedule is that it plays to our national championship hopes. We play weak non-con teams and get Texas, OSU, and Texas A&M, two of which lose a quarterback that has done a lot of good things for their team.

In the North, Kansas loses Reesing and most of the other North schools will still be trying to find their way with young, inexperienced players all around. We will have a Senior quarterback, two senior running backs, a talented and deep offensive line, experienced wide receivers, and a young and extremely talented defense (this, of course, is going off of the assumption that we have a very successful season like last year and really progress).

Given that we have a great season in '09, we may even be favored to win the Big 12 next year even if Bradford returns (which I really doubt he will).

There may be skeptics next year if we run the table on our schedule, but that is something Nebraska has always had to take.

Don't get to confident about those team losing QB's If you look around the Big 12 and the country a lot of quarterbacks are coming from LA, TX and OK. I don't know what OK has lined up but you know Texas doesn't have a bare cupboard.

One does not simply replace a Colt McCoy, a Sam Bradford, a Zac Robinson, or a Todd Reesing. Obviously the Big 12 South has it's recruiting advantages, but to think we should be threatened by their quarterback play next year is a joke. It takes time to develop a quarterback into a championship quarterback. If Texas, Oklahoma (without Bradford), OSU, or Kansas win the national championship in 2010-2011, I'll adopt a child from Asia.

It's simpler to reload a lineman or wide receiver from the "cupboard" because their role in the offense, while important, is not nearly that of the quarterback. Every play hinges on him, and every play hinges on him to make the right decision and know what he has to do. You can't just replace that with the snap of a finger.

So I'll say again, with all four of those guys most likely gone, Nebraska may very well have a great chance to run the table next year and make it to a BCS national championship.

I thought that game was going to be played in Denver

No it will be in Wyoming http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...;ATCLID=3626483

The good thing is you won't need PPV as it will definatley be telivised

Why?

Because the Mountain West has its own television station, and if its not on that it will either be on Versus or CBS College Sports.

I remember watching the ISU vs UNLV game on that station last year. There was one thing that stood out more than the utterly rediculous way ISU found to lose yet another game and it was the rediculously hot sideline reporter they had. I cant remember who it was but she was smokin, any pictures would be nice if someone can find one.

No it will be in Wyoming http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...;ATCLID=3626483

Why?

Because the Mountain West has its own television station, and if its not on that it will either be on Versus or CBS College Sports.

I remember watching the ISU vs UNLV game on that station last year. There was one thing that stood out more than the utterly rediculous way ISU found to lose yet another game and it was the rediculously hot sideline reporter they had. I cant remember who it was but she was smokin, any pictures would be nice if someone can find one.

Molly Sullivan. I would add pictures, but i am at work.

Why?

Molly Sullivan. I would add pictures, but i am at work.

47381.jpg

Hey, with this early of a request can you get me tickets? I'm closer to Laramie than Lincoln, and well I just love Laramie. I lived there for about a year. The last time I remember playing Wyoming was in 1994. You guys were one fumble on a punt return from making it a very lousy day in Lincoln.

ok, you'll see

Sorry but in 2010 it will take a better team than an 8 win outfit to beat the Huskers. Especially if you consider that the Huskers won 9 games last season, should at least match that this season, and will have a talented and experienced team in 2010. We are modestly hopeful for a VERY big year in 2010 for the Huskers, I don't think UW will be up to par by then. Maybe in the future, and I honestly hope so because I remember the rivalry in the 90's, but not in 2010.