Big 12 football coaches from worst to first

Until I saw that post from NewEarthHusker I never realized how bad they are stinking it up down there in Austin. 10 wins season in only 8 out 11 seasons. In the non 10 win seasons a miserable 9 wins is all they could muster up. For the life of me I cannot understand how Mack Brown keeps his employ averaging 2 losses a season and a laughable 77% winning percentage.

That whooshing sound you heard was the point zipping overhead in your rush to display a rather pedestrian amount of sarcasm.

Mack Brown is a decent coach. He has surrounded himself with great talent, and a decent set of good coaches. It's hard to argue with his success. I'd put him more in the middle of the pack in terms of coaching ability within the Big 12. It's not like Texas was horrible when he got there. They did win the Big 12 two years before he got there.

I like Mack....Mack gave his cookie once when I accidently dropped mine into the whirlpool...well...it wasn't entirely an accident. It fell into the whirlpool while Dwayne Crutchfield was in the process of trying to drown me by holding my head under water because I wouldn't give him my cookie....Dwayne liked cookies.

Anyway, this entire article has to be total crap since CPR (that would be Coach Paul Rhoads...but I think we'll be getting a lot of play out of the initials) isn't ranked at the total bottom of the heap where ESPN thinks he deserves to be... <_<

I like Mack....Mack gave his cookie once when I accidently dropped mine into the whirlpool...well...it wasn't entirely an accident. It fell into the whirlpool while Dwayne Crutchfield was in the process of trying to drown me by holding my head under water because I wouldn't give him my cookie....Dwayne liked cookies.

Anyway, this entire article has to be total crap since CPR (that would be Coach Paul Rhoads...but I think we'll be getting a lot of play out of the initials) isn't ranked at the total bottom of the heap where ESPN thinks he deserves to be... <_<

ROFL!!!!!!!

The cookie in the whirlpool thing reminds me of Caddyshack.

:lol:

Bo should be #1 because at least he can win his bowl games.

:box

So you agree Mangino got jobed, since he won his last 3 Bowl games (half of the Bowl wins in KU istory, sadly) and one was a BCS and all, of course Bo has 1 bowl win and all.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Aug 21 2009, 07:46 AM) 454124[/snapback]

To be fair, Bo hasn't played LSU and USC in his bowl either. Yet.

But yeah, the ass kissing is intolerable. I'd put Mike Leach at number 1. He's done way more with the talent he's had to work with than any other coach.

Leach has done an awful lot with an awful lot in football life. I can only give the guy credit for what he has accomplished, alothugh I think his team acts like a bunch of no class guys by intentionally running up scores and lots of extra taunting...

I'd put Snyder at #1 hands down. He took the worst team in D1 and built a program. How many on the list were once on his staff? Mack Brown seems too high to me. I'd probably kick Gundy up a notch or two. It's all up to opinion though.

If we are talking about only what they have accomplished, I would agree. That said, he seems way past his prime and the Wildcats were in decline with him at the helm. He was a great coach, and he may still be a decent one, but I think he is past his prime. He may prove me wrong, though. No question he was a great coach in his prime.

So you agree Mangino got jobed, since he won his last 3 Bowl games (half of the Bowl wins in KU istory, sadly) and one was a BCS and all, of course Bo has 1 bowl win and all.

Bo has two bowl wins...

1. The Alamo Bowl against Michigan St.

2. The Gator Bowl against Clemson.

This article is not ranking coaching ability, it's ranking their media skills. I just wanted to clear that up for some people who believe it is something it's not.

I did not read it that way, but if it is, Snyder would be even lower. He won't say much anything. Mangino says very little too, and does remind me of Wario....

Bo has two bowl wins...

1. The Alamo Bowl against Michigan St.

2. The Gator Bowl against Clemson.

I guess that is technically true. I am not sure how I feel about him getting ot jump in and interim one, but I guess he did it. Had he lost, I would not have held it against him either, those are weird situations. Regardless, still nowhere near what Mangino has done...