VTech Game

mwj98

I know I am getting way ahead of myself, but this game has become a little larger than expected. I still think we will beat them. However, we beat VTech and upset OU (they are hurting and I don't know how Bradford will recover), what are we looking at here????

My prediction......

Nebraska vs. OSU - Big 12 Championship in Dallas

(Texas will fold....as usual)

Again, if you put my thoughts together with .10, you can buy yourself a cup of coffee. Really amounts to nothing. But I want to be put on record.

I know I am getting way ahead of myself, but this game has become a little larger than expected. I still think we will beat them. However, we beat VTech and upset OU (they are hurting and I don't know how Bradford will recover), what are we looking at here????

My prediction......

Nebraska vs. OSU - Big 12 Championship in Dallas

(Texas will fold....as usual)

Again, if you put my thoughts together with .10, you can buy yourself a cup of coffee. Really amounts to nothing. But I want to be put on record.

I think we will split these games. However i gotta like our chances agianst Mobilehoma. I dont know that Bradford will fully recover from his injury, it will more than likely nag him all year. Also who knows if Gresham will fully recover as well as the inexperience that showed on their O-line. We also get them at home. I think all of these points add up in our favor. Do i think its an absolute we split? No, but i think we have a better shot at OU than VTech.

Oh my. We beat one very poor team from a conference most of us could never name in a list of conferences because they would come to our house and get pummeled for the money (all Div I teams do it), and now we are talking about winning the conference and going to a BCS or national championship.

Fellas, that is the kind of thing that just makes us look silly. FIRST we have to beat a couple more teams we are paying to come get beat. Then we have to see how we line up with a real football program at VT. Then we have to go to Misery who has beat us like a rented mule for two years and I no longer believe lost a beat and in fact may be a better team than the last two. Other thread says we "Pound them" . Oh okay well hell that's it. Why didn't we think of that game plan before? LOL

Then we think we are going to beat Baylor and KU as a given and just might have trouble with Oklahoma and OSU.

Let's be happy that things seem to be getting better and not count our chickens before they hatch. We've pretty much beaten NOBODY for several years. Let's be sure we beat SOMEBODY before we start "pounding" our chests. Bo is I am sure concentrating on ASU. I suggest we not get too many steps ahead of Bo. GBR

Then we have to go to Misery who has beat us like a rented mule for two years and I no longer believe lost a beat and in fact may be a better team than the last two. Other thread says we "Pound them" . Oh okay well hell that's it. Why didn't we think of that game plan before? LOL

Are you an MU plant? (just wondering....because you're willing to anoint MU after one game just as easily as you're willing to dismiss NU after one game--just sayin'.... :) ) Anyway....if you go back to the film vault, that was the game plan that worked when WE beat THEM like your proverbial rented mules (on a regular basis I might add). Do we have the personnel or even more importantly the ATTITUDE to do that this year? No...probably not, but that is what we have to get back to--physical football. Most of the teams 90's NU played were beaten before they even played a single down, because they knew that they were going to get pounded on every play. That carried over into each successive season. I don't know why this simple formula is proving to be such a difficult concept to grasp. ;)

I think we will split these games. However i gotta like our chances agianst Mobilehoma. I dont know that Bradford will fully recover from his injury, it will more than likely nag him all year. Also who knows if Gresham will fully recover as well as the inexperience that showed on their O-line. We also get them at home. I think all of these points add up in our favor. Do i think its an absolute we split? No, but i think we have a better shot at OU than VTech.

I think Bradford has a good chance to fully recover if he's not rushed back. Gresham, on the other hand, is out for the year. If Bradford is healthy, I'm not really liking our chances against OU, but my opinion could easily change with a good shellacking of VT and Mizzou :box

I think Bradford has a good chance to fully recover if he's not rushed back. Gresham, on the other hand, is out for the year. If Bradford is healthy, I'm not really liking our chances against OU, but my opinion could easily change with a good shellacking of VT and Mizzou :box

even with bradford in before he went down, they were not looking good. now their big threat at TE is done for the year.

stoops is a good coach though and by the time we play them, I have a feeling he will have things patched up, but they will still be vulnerable. we have some key games to get through before then: @Vtech, @Mizzou, TTech, @Baylor. So, I'm pretty sure we'll have a much clearer idea once we start getting through that meat.

At this point I think our season is up in the air.. all the simulations I've done in my head range from 0-5 losses. VT can't get here soon enough.. a lot of questions will be answered then.

I'm liking our chances whether Bradford is back or not. Their O-Line needs to really step up because they are the reason Bradford took the hits he did. Our D-line should dominate their O-line quite easily

Oh my. We beat one very poor team from a conference most of us could never name in a list of conferences because they would come to our house and get pummeled for the money (all Div I teams do it), and now we are talking about winning the conference and going to a BCS or national championship.

So let me get this straight.

You are touting Green a "starter" for conference play when the only thing we saw him do was run the ball a few times against a team - which according to you - is a "very poor team from a conference most of us could never name in a list of conferences because they would come to our house and get pummeled for the money"? Nevermind the fact that the game was well out of reach and the FAU defense was just about dead.

Where is your logic in that one buddy? If you are going to say we can't judge the overall team by beating a "poor" FAU team, how the hell are you touting Green a "starter" (by conference play) in a thread you started after seeing him run and pass a few times against "poor" FAU team?

Where is your logic in that one buddy? If you are going to say we can't judge the overall team by beating a "poor" FAU team, how the hell are you touting Green a "starter" (by conference play) in a thread you started after seeing him run and pass a few times against "poor" FAU team?

It's science.

ronburgandy.jpg

So let me get this straight.

You are touting Green a "starter" for conference play when the only thing we saw him do was run the ball a few times against a team - which according to you - is a "very poor team from a conference most of us could never name in a list of conferences because they would come to our house and get pummeled for the money"? Nevermind the fact that the game was well out of reach and the FAU defense was just about dead.

I guess you misunderstand. Your argument is my argument. While some see Lee as entitled unless injured to start ahead of Green for the next two years based on what happened in one "we buy em, we beat em" football game that for all big programs should be called a "pre season" game, I think it was very telling that they burnt Green's shirt to play in that game. If they didn't plan on utilizing Green in a major way; they would have waited to burn the shirt and see how it's going. It's not like they could not have given him the same number of snaps in practice. In my way of thinking it was a decision that they needed Green on the field likely this season --not "in case" but "because". Otherwise it is a boneheaded move to cut a player of Green's ability down to two years of eligibility to mop up this year and next year.

I just found it very telling and asked on another thread if anyone else thought that we would be seeing him start. So shoot me. Start a Zac Lee for the Heiseman thead if that floats your boat. There is NO Quarterback controversy on the team. There is none in the media. There is none on this site. I'm primarily basing my opinion that he will play more than some of the "Zac Lee is our quarterback until 2012" crowd believe on burning the redshirt in the first game. And the fact that he displayed some elusive ability running the ball was good but not the reason I think he will see a lot of playing time this year.

I think they are just bringing him along a little more slowly than Barkley at USC but have the same plan to get his talent on the field sooner rather than later. It could be all wet, but one's opinion should not be so threatening to other Big Red fans. Instead of taking shots at those who think that is the case, why not state your opinion without personal attack. We'll see in the fullness of time if I am right or wrong.

It's as simple as this: Lee is our starter, period. He's one hit away from being out the rest of the game or season (See: Sam Bradford). It is prudent to have your #2 guy as prepped as possible, especially if that #2 is a true Frosh.

Barring injury, Green will continue to get mop-up duty all year. He will not start over a healthy Zac Lee in 2009.

In 2010, as Bo has made perfectly clear time and again, the QB spot is up for grabs and must be earned on the practice field and in the classroom. Zac's one year of starter-ship won't mean a thing in 2010. If Green can beat him out in 2010, Green will be our starter.

IF Green is our starter next year, we're in really good shape. It means we have a starter gifted enough and prepared enough to lead this team where Bo wants us to go. It also means we have a talented backup with in-game experience in case Green goes down. Win/win.

We're in good shape at QB right now. Let's just enjoy the ride, shall we?