Could we make it to the BCS Championship?

It's not going to happen. We all wish it would, but it's not. We are getting WAY ahead of ourselves. We first have to get past VT which will be very tough, then Missouri which could end up being just as tough. Our conference slate can go either way at a lot of points and chances are we won't win them all. Then play what will most likely be a hungry Texas or OSU? I don't think so. Like it was said, baby steps. Next year, depending on how we ended up this year and how everything pans out, we can possibly talk about a BCS game.

Hey guys, I have been reading on this forums forever but finally decided to start posting.

Thoughts on the schedule for this year... I'm glad to see everyone is keeping their head on straight when it comes to expectations this year. Rooting for an undefeated regular season is allways welcome, expecting it / getting your hopes up for it is another.

OU and VT do seem a shade more winnable now, but there is a LARGE step between competing with 2 top 15 teams and winning a big 12 title / NC. I have absolutely no expectations for this year other than we play as hard/harder than the year before.

Hey guys, I have been reading on this forums forever but finally decided to start posting.

Thoughts on the schedule for this year... I'm glad to see everyone is keeping their head on straight when it comes to expectations this year. Rooting for an undefeated regular season is allways welcome, expecting it / getting your hopes up for it is another.

OU and VT do seem a shade more winnable now, but there is a LARGE step between competing with 2 top 15 teams and winning a big 12 title / NC. I have absolutely no expectations for this year other than we play as hard/harder than the year before.

Welcome to the board! :thumbs

I think we would have a hard time getting past Texas or Oklahoma State if OU goes down the tubes this season. Those two teams are dangerous as hell so I don't know about winning the Big XII this season. Anything is possible, but it's highly unlikely.

Welcome to the board! I just started posting too after many years of lurking.

I agree with your post except for a small part of it. I think it's entirely acceptable to get your hopes up for an undefeated season. Not expecting one, but hoping for one. I realize some people don't like to get their hopes up for something that will likely not happen. But I'm not like that.

When I buy a Powerball ticket, I realize I'm not gonna win. That doesn't stop me from thinking about what I would do with the money. When I don't win, I'm disappointed, but it was still fun to imagine winning.

As long as I'm a Husker fan (which I will be as long as I'm alive), I will begin every season hoping for Nebraska to run the table and win the National Championship. Even if we went 0-12 the year before (God forbid). Yes, I will be disappointed a lot, but it will be much sweeter if (or when) it actually happens.

It is certainly not impossible that we could get to the MNC game. I think this year will resemble 2007 where top ten teams lost every week, paving the way for a dark horse to rise up. Typically if a team is buried in the back of the top 25 or unranked they're never going to climb to the top two positions and have a shot. This year, like 2007, I think there will be a lot of turnover atop the rankings, and anything can happen.

The question is, do we have the kind of team to take advantage of a situation like this?

Yes, it's conceivable that THIS TEAM could play in the BCS National Championship game.

Va Tech is more beatable than maybe we first thought. This is going to be the "tilt" game though. Huskers win, and we've got something we haven't had in years: CONFIDENCE.

OU suddenly is very beatable.

Texas Tech is a shadow of last year.

K-State's a joke.

ISU's a joke.

Baylor could be a trap game but I like Pelini's style on the road, against vastly less talented teams.

Kansas, I just don't see being that tough.

Let's see, we're down to Mizzery, which is THE GAME, if we get past VA Tech.

Colorado - we should beat'em, but again, with that team who knows.

Then it's on to the Big 12 championship, where at worst we have a 1 in 3 chance.

Guys, it could happen. The odds are against it, but don't sell us short.

no way

My goal for this year's team is no losses like we sustained to Mizzou and OU last year. If/when we lose, I'm hopeful it resembles the TT loss last year. It would be nice to represent the North this year and play either Texas, OU, or Okie State competitively. Our opener last Saturday was a much better effort than last year. I don't give us much of a chance at playing in the NC game. A BCS bowl is a tall order due to the fact that 3 of the South teams are ranked ahead of us. If the South picks one another off like last year and ends with 2 or 3 teams with just one loss, I don't think we have a chance of a BCS bowl unless we win the Big 12 outright.

You guys just dont know.

We will go undefeated this year.

Win the big 12 north.

win the big 12 championship.

win the bcs cg.

you might be asking yourselves how i am so sure of all this....................

Cody Green! He is superman, right?

He will take over at qb against ark. st. with his vast knowledge of the Offense.

He will win the heisman and every qb award too.

:sarcasm

We gave up 22 first downs and 358 yards to FAU. We are not even close to winning all of our games at this time. In honesty after watching Mizzou we will be very lucky to win the North. We have problems with them at their house every year.

VaTech lost to the now rated number 5 team in the country. We are not at that level yet. Thinking because Alabama was able to beat them at a neutral site will help our chances at their house is questionable.

We need to play the games, concentrate on Arkansas State and let the cards fall where they will.

Anything is possible, but we are most likely closer to losing 4=5 games as we are playing in the MNC game.

Patience, it takes time

I think our coaches would be the first to tell you that we are no where near where we need to be to compete for a National Championship.

Last week there were so many blown coverages, missed cues, missed assignments on defense...sure we held them to 3 points but between the 20's they moved the ball fairly consistently. Imagine if that were OU or MU...not to mention Florida!

I for one will be thrilled if we win our division and hit that 9-10 win mark. Anything above that is just icing on the cake!

We have a 30% chance to go to the BCS Championship this year, and thats saying a lot.

We have a good amount of good games coming up. Bradford doesnt look like he is going to be out the season, just a few weeks. But we dont know how he is going to perform after the injury, or if he gets injured again. There is just no way of knowing until after seeing the VT game, truthfully we have only played one game and its bit early to contemplate a BCS bid.

Plus we still have to beat the winner of the Big 12 South in the championship game.