We will beat ASU soundly on Saturday...

ray233

Nevermind the fact that Alabama has better athletes than Nebraska, but does anyone care to mention that Alabama had one 1 offensive TD in the entire first half?

Alabama Recruiting Classes:Nebraska Recruiting Classes

per Rivals.com

2005 18:4

2006 11:20

2007 10:13

2008 1:30 (Coaching Change - Alabama)

2009 1:28 (Coaching Change - Nebraska)

Looks like last years team makeup was pretty even, unless their whole freshman class was playing. I doubt that. Otherwise, stars say we were recruiting about even. Granted, many of our high star players never panned out, but I'd bet Alabama had a few too.

Carrington is 6-5 and 285 lbs. Your stats aren't even close. He's a very large DE....and NO fat.

I was giving you an average height/weight of the ASU front four for a unit comparison.

Undersized? I can guarantee you that we will match you guys man-for-man everywhere except at WR's height.....we typically have smaller, quicker guys at WR.

Our speed will be our edge....mark my words.

Yes, undersized. The size matchups by position are mostly in Nebraska's favor. We don't sacrifice size for speed. We have big, strong guys who are also fast enough to stretch the field (legit 4.4/4.5 speed). Collectively, NU is bigger, stronger and faster. This goes for the two-deep as well as the starters.

If we play aggressive, we should be able to bully the overmatched ASU players, wearing them down considerably by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Out coached? I don't know about that. Roberts has done a helluva lot with very little. Before coming to ASU, he even took a small 1-AA school in Louisiana into TCU and won.

He enjoys the underdog role.

I respect your coach's body of work, however, I don't think ASU has a chance to keep the final score close.

NU's offense comes into the season ranked #12 in the nation. Our offensive coordinator, Shawn Watson, is regarded as one of the best OCs in the country. QB Zac Lee has much to prove, but all the offense needs to flourish is a capable manager, which Lee appears to be thus far.

As for NU's defensive coaching, it's quick to explain:

2003 Nebraska Defense (year before Bo = #55, year with Bo = #11, year after Bo = #56)

2004 Oklahoma Defense (year before Bo = #3, year with Bo = #13, year after Bo = #13)....it is important to note that Bo was only a co-coordinator this year, splitting input with another co-coordinator and the head coach.

2005-2007 LSU Defense (year before Bo = #3, years with Bo = #3, year after Bo = #32)

2008 Nebraska Defense (year before Bo = #112, year with Bo = #55, year after Bo = #???)

Same players, new coach, one season....defensive production skyrockets.

The one time he wasn't in complete control of the defense, they didn't get any better.....go figure. The guy's track record for defensive production is ridiculous and he's managed to build his resume in the two best conferences in college football (SEC & Big 12).

After man-handling FAU by 46 points, our coach publicly called out his defense, labeling their play as 'average' and 'soft'. We started two freshmen at linebacker, including at MLB (the QB of the defense). The biggest jump supposedly comes between weeks one and two. That thought should be scary enough on it's own, but did I mention Ndamukong Suh has a chip on his shoulder this week?

Out. Coached.

Check out our other players in 'big' games. Arnold always turns in nice games. Leonard has had some nice ones as well.

Against the 5 best defenses on ASU's 2008 schedule:

Reggie Arnold's Averages = 61.2 YDS, 4.1 YPC, 0.4 TDs

Corey Leonard's Averages = 50.6% COM, 192 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT (also added 1 rushing TD against Memphis)

Not horrific...but I wouldn't call those 'nice' games, especially considering that 4 of those 5 games were losses. From the little I've seen, ASU does not appear to perform very well under fire.

This Saturday, ASU will be under HEAVY fire.

:bonez

Plain and simple.. ASU is the inferior team, no matter what they did against anyone last year. Sure, the 'competed' with Alabama early on. It still wasn't a close game. I think they will play us tough, but playing us tough and giving us a game are 2 different things. FAU fans thought they were going to be able to score on us pretty easy but they thought their problem would be stopping us.. Well, right on one account.

Plain and simple.. ASU is the inferior team, no matter what they did against anyone last year. Sure, the 'competed' with Alabama early on. It still wasn't a close game. I think they will play us tough, but playing us tough and giving us a game are 2 different things. FAU fans thought they were going to be able to score on us pretty easy but they thought their problem would be stopping us.. Well, right on one account.

ASU will be competitive early on I'd think, but the talent of the depth chart always prevails. ASU just doesn't have the best athletes. I don't think any of their defensive backs are over 200 pounds or over 6'1", but they're fast. The problem with that is all of our receivers are over 200 pounds and our shortest starting receiver is 6'1", which means we should have a lot of success on perimeter blocking. You can't expect their d-backs to compete with that. While they have more speed than size, we have the size and just as much speed.

Still standing strong with a 48-13 win.

I'm gonna go ahead and weigh in here. My cousin used to play tight end for Ark. State back during the late 90's into 2000. They didn't have much of a squad then, but the program has really progressed over these last 3 years.

Nebraska better be ready for a challenge here. However, Arkansas State will not win the game, I see this being closer than alot of people on here are thinking.

Prediction: NU 38 Ark. St. 24

I would also add that the jury is still out on Nebraska's defense. Giving up 358 yards of total offense has to be a concern going into this game. Arkansas State is much better than FAU. Hopefully Bo will have those first game mistakes fixed. But hey, bend but don't break defenses win games to.

their running back looks pretty good. Its possible that he will make our young LB's look... young. But Pelini said they practiced really well and are ready to play, and was pretty positive all week. Last year that usually meant good things in the coming game, so I think Ark state is ultimately screwed.

How can you say that Arkansas St. is MUCH better than FAU? Both finished with 6 losses last year and FAU gave Arkansas State a good game last year. Take those 2 turnovers away and that may have been a different game. That's one thing that Pelini is famous for is the bend but don't break D.

I have a feeling the D will come out with a fire under it after Pelini PUBLICLY called them out for being soft. I expect a much different defense. I agree that Ark. St. will come out to play tough, but it won't make a difference. The 'Skers will be too much to handle, especially our front four. Suh will have a nice sized chip on his shoulder after last game.