In Case You Forgot...Here's What Were Against

craigsker

We bottled him up pretty good last season. I think the coaches know what to do.

We must have been watching different games, because our D was getting gashed, and leaving entire sides of the field for Taylor to run through all night long. Other than the ridiculous penalties in the 4th quarter it was the single biggest reason we lost to VT last year. If NU allows that to happen again then we will definitely lose.

I'm really hoping that Bo & Co will stress outside contain this week. It's a simple concept that even us plebs where taught as far back as JV ball. Why this team is having trouble with it, even against stAte is my primary concern going into Blacksburg. If the Huskers stay in their lanes, and quite beating themselves, then they will win big.

Taylor ran for 87 yards last year against us. I'd like to see less than that this year.

If Alabama didn't use a spy, they did something similar, because Taylor always had someone in his face when he broke the pocket. We could try to just contain him in the pocket and not worry about pressure, but if he hits a hot streak passing we'll wish we had some heat on him too.

The guy is like the second coming of Michael Vick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6cSGGyyfY0

I hope so! Vick has always sucked in my opinion. Not sure where everybody got the idea that he was a great QB.

Your a tool dude. Guy took a under talented V-Tech team to the National Title game againist a far better Florida State team and gave his team a chance.Pros, he was decent to good. College he was great. You say "I hope so", I say "I hope not"

:LOLtartar Great response!

thanks!!!!!

actually just watched the video and on EVERY single one of those passes his receivers were wide open. i am pretty sure i could have completed those passes. i think my son could have completed every one of those passes. i think my daughter could have completed every single one of those passes.

if we cover their receivers we will have a good chance.

I agree t husker. There are probably 6 or 7 qb's in this league that are better than Taylor. Nebraska's d speed is a lot better than last year. I have no doubt that the Blackshirts will contain Tech to a level that will give us a chance to win. The Tech fans may get a surprise when Nebraska's special teams are better than or as good as Tech's. The difference in the game will be if Nebraska has enough of a running game to open up it's passing game. Nebraska is not one dimensional and a lot harder to defend. It should be a great game in a great enviroment with some pretty classy fans!! GBR

At this point I don't care who he is, our defense is going to shut him down!!! :box

:cheers

I hope we do. I think that Pelini is going to surprise some people when we unveil the schemes on Defense that we haven't been running under the "vanilla" play calling that has been occurring the past 2 games.

One thing I really hope we do is SPY Taylor. If we don't run a spy on him throughout the game, I will be very surprised. I'm looking forward to this very exciting opportunity for the team though.

:bonez

I think spying him will be a good thing on long plays. Running a spy all gme will not help us in the secondary.

The one thing people forget is when we played last year Taylor was on a bum ankle. I dont get where people feel any linebacker we currently start will be able to "spy" him anyway. This is the game I have been looking forward to for the whole off-season. Next weekend we will get a great gauge of where both our offense and defense will be for the seaon as a whole.

actually just watched the video and on EVERY single one of those passes his receivers were wide open. i am pretty sure i could have completed those passes. i think my son could have completed every one of those passes. i think my daughter could have completed every single one of those passes.

While you are saying that; how many of Zac Lee's passes were not thrown with the reciever wide stinking open? It's easy to watch film of our oppnents with blinders and talk about how bad they played or the oppenents they faced. Our offense has not had a defense worth a damn yet. We will see the type of QB that Zac Lee is in couple of days and where our defense is as well.

While you are saying that; how many of Zac Lee's passes were not thrown with the reciever wide stinking open? It's easy to watch film of our oppnents with blinders and talk about how bad they played or the oppenents they faced. Our offense has not had a defense worth a damn yet. We will see the type of QB that Zac Lee is in couple of days and where our defense is as well.

If VT's defense is so good, how did alababma roll up 498 yards on them? bama had 2 turnovers and 10 penalties and still smoked VT. If not for a big KO return for TD, VT would have never been in the game. we may not have bama's o-line, but we are a LOT more multiple with good speed. TT will get some yards, but so will zac, and zac is a better passer than bama's mcelroy, who scorched vt for 230

Last year we had missed assignments galore and made it easy on Tyrod passing-wise. This year we gotta focus on containing him, pressure him in the pocket and make him tough throws to guys that are actually COVERED. That is assuming we can force VT into passing downs. They have a nasty rushing-attack. But we gotta stop the run and make Tyrod beat us with his arm.

Taylor passing the ball does not worry me as much as Taylor running the ball. It still seems to me that he is thinking run first. As soon as he sees a seem he takes off. He does complete some big passes every once in a while, but our secondary seems better prepared to handle that.

It's our d-line and LBs that will need to step up and contain the VT running game - this includes Taylor.

Taylor passing the ball does not worry me as much as Taylor running the ball. It still seems to me that he is thinking run first. As soon as he sees a seem he takes off. He does complete some big passes every once in a while, but our secondary seems better prepared to handle that.

It's our d-line and LBs that will need to step up and contain the VT running game - this includes Taylor.

I'm guessing Frost and Crouch and even Frazier didn't worry too many people with regards to their throwing the ball. However, 2 of the 3 had 1,000/1,000 seasons. When you don't worry about Taylor's throwing is when he's going to hit us for a big one. In order to beat VT, we're gonna have to not only stop Taylor from running but their RB's as well. They are a strong running team. Our secondary is gonna have to be on their toes and not get "sucked" in when there's a chance Taylor throws. The LB's are gonna have to step up their play as well. The worst thing that could happen Saturday is if VT plays the way we're accustomed to with regards to chewing up a lot of clock with 3 to 5 yard gains each and every play. We'll have to stuff their run and force Taylor into throwing to beat us to come out of there with a W.