Is it just me...

CU Sucks

There is a lot of raw nerves in Husker land right now. A glance into the rear view mirror provides plenty of reasons to feel this way. Since the 2001 CU game, the Huskers have played the victim role in many a beat down. This year is different. I feel a change in the program. Lee is as good as we hoped and I feel the offense is ready to explode. I am also beleiving in Phil Dillard's ability as a veteran player to make some big plays on D, thanks in part to the solid trench work across the D-line. The Blackshirts will get turnovers. What can I say, at this point, I just feel down right confident in the Huskers. It feels good. Va Tech is going to get slammed right in the kisser. Look for a BIG RED runaway. No joke. We are going to be subbing in the fourth quarter on the road against a top 20 team. Believe it. Where the Huskers go from here, I don't know. But the score on this Saturday will be something like 42-14 or 42-17.

ROCK

:box:box:box:clap:clap:clap:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

You are either drunk or high!

Or just expressing their opinion......

For me its the BC stench still, its like I dont want to get to excited because I get this fear that during the game they will show BC sneaking into the coaches box with a Jets ski mask on and going all Steven Segal on Watson neck and then putting on the headset and starting to call plays.

I think the Skers just need a big road win to finally wash away that BC smell of all talk, a good first 5 minutes a brutal next 45 minutes, then 10 minutes of amazing numbers during garbage time.

We are going to a friend's house to watch the game Saturday with a small group of people. Last night I sent him a text "This is the most quiet and calm pre-week to a 'big game' that I can ever remember." We haven't had many 'big games' recently.

I think the quiet/calm this time is because fans actually think we can win this game. Before when we would go to Oklahoma, Missouri, etc....fans were as 'confident' and 'proud' as ever to put on a front. It was s show of false bravado. Most knew inside that, even though we want to win, we probably wouldn't.

Now it is the opposite. There are no ridiculous exclamations of "We are going to trash them! We're going to shock the world!"...because deep down inside, maybe, we just think we are the....dare I say...a better team?!?!

I'm ready! Too bad it can't be the night game! GBR!!!

lunchpail

Do you have to be drunk or high to believe in the Huskers?

This is a Husker site you know.

What you got for a score....100-0 Va Tech.

Oh yea, you just keep believing in the Hokies. They dominated us so much last year while we were adjusting to a first year coach.

And there is a great reason to believe in them this year...why they lost in a close game to Alabama, which ended last year with a loss to Utah. And besides, they demolished Marshall. Yes, Marshall.

And they play in one of the toughest leagues in the country, right?

Yea, all the evidence is in....Nebraska is DOOOMED.

By the way, tell Coach Hawk hello the next time you see him....Buff fan.

:dumdum

I agree with you. Every time I start to think about how cool it would be to win, something in the back of my mind screams out that we're going to lose this in the last couple of minutes like every other big game.......we really need this win... :hmmph

Every year I write down my predictions on which games we'll win and which games we lose. When I wrote this one down back in July, I had it as a loss and unfortunately, I'm sticking with my prediction.

I believe the program is heading in the right direction and we have the right staff but we're only in year two of the Pelini era. For me personally, I always believed it would take at least three years to right the ship. We haven't beat a ranked team since we beat #2 Washington in '98 (?), our defense, which was supposed to be the strength of the team this year is being shown up by our upstart offense, and we're visiting a very hostile stadium. I'm just not seeing the "fire in the belly" from our defense. I may also still be carrying around the stench of those recent close losses to Texas Tech (2) and Texas that we could've won.

For the love of God Huskers, please prove me wrong and turn the college football world on their heels. I would love that!

I agree with you. Every time I start to think about how cool it would be to win, something in the back of my mind screams out that we're going to lose this in the last couple of minutes like every other big game.......we really need this win... :hmmph

Every year I write down my predictions on which games we'll win and which games we lose. When I wrote this one down back in July, I had it as a loss and unfortunately, I'm sticking with my prediction.

I believe the program is heading in the right direction and we have the right staff but we're only in year two of the Pelini era. For me personally, I always believed it would take at least three years to right the ship. We haven't beat a ranked team since we beat #2 Washington in '98 (?), our defense, which was supposed to be the strength of the team this year is being shown up by our upstart offense, and we're visiting a very hostile stadium. I'm just not seeing the "fire in the belly" from our defense. I may also still be carrying around the stench of those recent close losses to Texas Tech (2) and Texas that we could've won.

For the love of God Huskers, please prove me wrong and turn the college football world on their heels. I would love that!

Don't give up hope just yet. Don't worry about the offense showing up the defense. The defense wasn't supposed to be the strength of our team. Our offense has been clicking for about 3-4 years now under Watson. Pelini just installed his defense last year, it will take some time. Now, the defensive line was supposed to be the strength of the defense and that has looked suspect at times. And the last time we beat a ranked team on the road was when we beat Texas A & M at College Station 28-27 in 2006 when they were #24. The last time we beat a top 20 team in a true road game was 1997 at Washington, who, yes was #2. I've been at those texas and texas tech games and watched the others on tv and I know how heartbreaking that is. :madash

But our offense can move the ball on anybody in the country. We have an offense that is just as good as last years, but with less turnovers, because, as of right now, I believe from watching him that Zac Lee makes better decisions in the pocket then Joe Ganz. It looks like he senses the pressure a lot better and just has a better pure passer mentality... as well as being able to scramble if he needs to. :horns2

The only thing that will stop us in this game is if we beat ourselves. Penalties and turnovers were our downfall last year and that is the only thing that will be our downfall this year if we let it. Play smart football and we come out of Blacksburg unscathed... don't and we lose, guaranteed.

And as far as not seeing the "fire in the belly" from our defense... In the first game, Pelini kept it very vanilla and I can see how it would be difficult to get the fire in the belly mentality when playing FAU. In the second game, we faced a team that ran the ball 60% of the time and was highly overmatched against us. We had that game under control from the kickoff until the end. It is difficult to gauge how well a defense will play until they match a team with equal talent in a hostile environment where they HAVE to have that fire in the belly mentality or else. You don't think Pelini will have these kids ready to tear down walls and smash heads for him come Saturday?

Look at it this way. Think about how important we all find this game. How excited, nervous, pumped, whatever everyone is. I guarantee you that the football team, which KNOWS what it is up against and what the opposition is looking like will come out ready to play and a thousand times more jacked than you or I would be. Now is that saying that we will win? No, we may lose this game. But we will not come out flat like we did so many f#$*ing years under Billy C. GBR! :horns2

:w00t:restore

Hats off to huskers for taking on the toughest preconference test in all big 12 and that includes BYU. VT is always a top 10 Defense with a QB who did enough to beat you in lincoln last yr and is improved this yr. Most predictions by the experts has hokies as heavy favorites but if you do upset them, it would raise perceptions of your program.

On the other hand a bad loss would totally erase all the preseason expectations and hype. but it is why you play the games as a test to see where you are. Huskers have a brutal schedule with so many tough games on the road, good luck in all but october 8th.

Huh!? SC grads talking smack about the Huskers? Bah! Ha! Ha! Ha! Now that's so idiotic, i'm surprised they are grads? Such stupid/ignorant behavior i'd expect from a high school drop-out, not a college grad. who should show some hint of intelligence!

That being said, I'd ignore them or just laugh it off as if you could careless what they think. They sure as heck don't deserve any acknowledgement.

I know where you guys are coming from. My boss is an SC grad, our National Sales manager is a grad and a former SC player. At least 70% of upper management are SC Grads. I get it from morning to night every single day. I get the little sisters of the poor, tiny stadium for sell outs on and on and on. The last four years of my football fan life has been miserable to say the least. This years schedule is posted on the main bulletin board with HOW CAN YOU LOSE!!!!!!!!!

SUN BELT CHAMPIONS FOR SURE!!!!!!!!

I guess because of their continous slighting of Nebraska I have become more realistic in my thoughts of our team. I try to figure every single game out and where we will be with the competition. I actually thought we had a chance against them both years. Well for my undying loyalty I got to wear a Tommy Trojan outfit for two days around the main office. That my friends is a dress no matter how you put it. I did it with pride, with my Nebraska shirt under it. As we are not scheduled to play this year the team that finishes higher in the polls is the winner. This year the loser wears the mascot outfit to the company party in January. Trust me no one wants this team to win more than me.

I think we can win this game, but I seriously doubt we will. Too long in the potty for me to think we win on the road against a top ten talent team (pres season). I still do not feel we have the talent to be competitive with the top teams, and if we do not start beating some of these highly rated teams we will never get it.

Please Bo save me this embarassment. Win this sucker!