What about Callahan really annoyed you?

Blah blah blah, I know it was yesteryear and not relevant to tomorrow's game, but...what about Cally really annoyed you?

For me, it was that weird tick that he had when he'd open his mouth real wide like he was fixing to shove a shoe in there. :nanalama

For me, it was everything about him. The first sign of trouble was when he said that the Huskers were gonna switch to a West Coast offense. :facepalm:

Seems to be working for us now.................

I knew someone was gonna say that. :)

But do you think that we would have been more successful during the years of callahan if we had stayed with our Option-based Offense?

In my opinion, yes. We wouldnt have retained a great record, but i think if we kept the old offensive scheme, the trip to hell under Callahan would have been less bumpy.

Yes, but that is in the past. Point is the Spread WCO is a pretty unique and prolific offense, if you ask me to choose between what Solich was running at the end of his tenure and what we run now, I choose Watson.

"We're really prepared for this game" - Pregame

"We weren't prepared for this game" - Postgame

My big :dunno was when Callahan seemed to forget going 6-6. This isn't then NFL Coach. Also, I have to say he completely farted on Cornhusker Tradition. The Blackshirts, Former Players, and he just seemed oblivious to the "Husker Attitude" that had to shine on the field. Sometimes it was a complete Flustercluck.

Maybe it should be more about what we hated in ourselves because of the "dark period".

It's been discussed so often, almost all of us can recite his flaws in order.

I'm mad at myself for ignoring all the warning signs.

His calling the Raiders the "dumbest team ever" or something like that should have tipped us all off.

The throat slash/Effin' Hillbillies thing(s)..Funny, but a definite key insight to his character.

THE PURGE of the WALK-ON PROGRAM (or close to) and shunning of all things HUSKER.

The Division of a fan-base that I thought was impenetrable.