What does running the ball on VaTech mean for Big 12?

rkhufu7

I think it means the Huskers are on their way back and that teams that can't handle a physical running game will get pounded/pummeled by the Huskers this season. Look at Burkhead's physical run after a catch, the backs are starting to run with the same physicallity of the Osborne backs. The line is starting to dominate and the blackshirts are starting to instill some fear and hopefully some TURNOVERS! Only OU has the front 7 and depth there to stop the Huskers, but their DBs and offense are just the guys to give up big plays and TURNOVERS.

I think it means the Huskers are on their way back and that teams that can't handle a physical running game will get pounded/pummeled by the Huskers this season. Look at Burkhead's physical run after a catch, the backs are starting to run with the same physicallity of the Osborne backs. The line is starting to dominate and the blackshirts are starting to instill some fear and hopefully some TURNOVERS! Only OU has the front 7 and depth there to stop the Huskers, but their DBs and offense are just the guys to give up big plays and TURNOVERS.

I was defintely impressed and a little surprised how well they ran the ball on Vtech between the 20's, but not impressed at all how we ran near the goal line. Although I'm encouraged, I still think we got some work to do when it comes to punching it in the end zone.

Virginia Tech is currently 107th in the country in rush defense, and have allowed a 100 yard rusher in each game so far (that included Marshall)

Numbers definitely don't lie so it actually makes me feel more encouraged that we were able to run the ball. Considering their numbers I'd be freaking out if we couldn't run the ball against em.

did you use the plural we used on back 2 times not sure I would call Helu physical

our offensive line is a work in progress but I really like what I see so far

Solich was the running backs coach Corrigan was the best backs coach

I understand we do have more than two backs

Va-Tech is known for stopping the run. Have they tinkered with their 4-4 so much that it no linger can stop the run? Marshall was crushed, they ran to kill the clock and Bama did run, but they do have strong running game and that was basically their offense last year. If NU has a physical running game like Bama, then that says that they are good. It might be to early to tell, but we will see how Miami does.

That was the first I've seen of Helu. He looks like an excellent back that will be a handful to deal w/. If I were a Neb fan I would feel good about that and the rushing offense in general as it performed quite well.

Z.Lee on the other hand was a mixed bag. He is a question mark at this point I think but it was only one game and it was a very good opponent. Time will tell.

That was the first I've seen of Helu. He looks like an excellent back that will be a handful to deal w/. If I were a Neb fan I would feel good about that and the rushing offense in general as it performed quite well.

Z.Lee on the other hand was a mixed bag. He is a question mark at this point I think but it was only one game and it was a very good opponent. Time will tell.

Lee also sustained an injury late sometime in the first half. But I chalk up his bad performance to the Tech D and stupid penalties. If they had been able to punch it in on first and goal, the teams psyche might have stayed high and we might have been able to even get another score or two, but that drive really deflated the team.