WR Joshua Reese

herbie4pres

Player: Joshua Reese

Hometown: Miami, FL

Position: WR

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 182 lbs.

Visit Date: 9/26

Scholarships: Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, West Virgina, South Florida, South Carolina

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Is visiting Nebraska for the Louisiana Lafayette game

Wow! Is this a new development? I had never heard this name or seen him on a visit list up to this point. Looks great!

Ya this does look great. I wonder how many WR's we are going to take in this class, or if someone like Austin Hill can possibly play safety or LB. If we can just get Sasser and Swigert then Curtis Carter hopefully, what do you do with someone like Hill or possibly Reese if they want to commit? I would hate to have to turn away someone like Hill or maybe Slavin.

I wouldn't say either position is a huge position of need. I understand that Helu will be a senior and Okafor hasn't really shown much. However, Burkhead has shown he can handle the position and with basically two more years of work should be much improved, same goes for Ward. If we can get even Dagan Reed I think we'd be in decent position and if we add Green I think we'd be in fantastic postion to have a completely gamebreaking backfield after helu is gone. We have so many talented WR's I don't even know if I can count them all. Frosh we have Osborne, Bell, Marlowe, Cooper. Sophmore's we have Kinnie and Gillyean. That's six underclassmen who all have tremendous ability basically fighting for four or five spots. If we add four this class alone that's 8 freshmen and sophmores on schollie. I understand competition and all but that's a little over the top. I think 3 would be pushing it in this class. My issue is we are in on about five it looks like that are very interested in NU and all would be worth taking.

I wouldn't say either position is a huge position of need. I understand that Helu will be a senior and Okafor hasn't really shown much. However, Burkhead has shown he can handle the position and with basically two more years of work should be much improved, same goes for Ward. If we can get even Dagan Reed I think we'd be in decent position and if we add Green I think we'd be in fantastic postion to have a completely gamebreaking backfield after helu is gone. We have so many talented WR's I don't even know if I can count them all. Frosh we have Osborne, Bell, Marlowe, Cooper. Sophmore's we have Kinnie and Gillyean. That's six underclassmen who all have tremendous ability basically fighting for four or five spots. If we add four this class alone that's 8 freshmen and sophmores on schollie. I understand competition and all but that's a little over the top. I think 3 would be pushing it in this class. My issue is we are in on about five it looks like that are very interested in NU and all would be worth taking.

and all of these receivers were silenced in a big game. i'm not saying they aren't talented but i would love to have a big time receiver to go along with helu, lee, and mcneil. since we won't get hat 5 star guy i think we are going to need immense competition to get our guys to that next level.

and all of these receivers were silenced in a big game. i'm not saying they aren't talented but i would love to have a big time receiver to go along with helu, lee, and mcneil. since we won't get hat 5 star guy i think we are going to need immense competition to get our guys to that next level.

And what exactly makes you so sure that these 17 year old kids are going to be the big time receivers that we're lacking.

When most of our current guys were recruited, they were considered big time receivers too.

Don't assume, because, recruiting is a crapshoot and no one honestly knows how any one kid will pan out.

And what exactly makes you so sure that these 17 year old kids are going to be the big time receivers that we're lacking.

When most of our current guys were recruited, they were considered big time receivers too.

Don't assume, because, recruiting is a crapshoot and no one honestly knows how any one kid will pan out.

i guess i hit a nerve. i'm not saying that any of these kids are going to be the next coming, but what i am saying is that by providing more competition we have a better shot.

I understand competition is a good thing. However, we can't just take as many WR's as we want to create competition, hoping they are the next Crabtree or Maclin. We have 8 WR's coming back next year not including Kildow bc I'd put him more in a return role. Considering we have even 5 wide less than 5% of the time usually only four will play at most on any given play. Also only two players (Henry and Paul) will be seniors next year. If we take 3 this year that would give us 11 next year of which 7 would be either a freshman or sophmore. IMO I just think we have more important needs this year like DL or CB or LB.

I saw a lot of guys open and a QB that couldnt get them the ball.

I saw a lot of guys open and a QB that couldnt get them the ball.

this guy looks like a stud beast... would LOVE to get this guy... i wonder who is recruiting him and where this all came from...great way to end the night for me....

shoots

ps... also saw our boy vj fehoko (one-time nebraska target who i sense will go to texas tech as his brother goes there) teach at the same HS as him.. dont really speak to him as he is a beastly and dont really know him....