The NEW MU v. NU Thread

Watch closely tonight on ESPN. Mizzou is going to scare the begeezez out of you. Gabbert will make a statement!

If I was lined up across a pissed off d-line, I think I would be the one be to scared. I don't think Bo or Carl is going to allow them to eat before the game, that way they can just feast on the backfield.

GBR

Really there are a lot of unaswered questions on both teams. I dont believe that any one really knows what they truly have. My best guess is it will be two good teams, not great, playing eachother. Its fairly early in the season and both have an extra week to prepare.

MU

1) Is Mu offense really that great. I dont believe anyone really knows. They have potential. And have in spurts shown the ability to do the same things they have the past years, but there is not alot of consistancy

2) The D has shown they can do a pretty good job limiting the run. But have the faced a good running team yet? Too early to tell, but it doesnt appear so

3) No consistance in tackling. Look really good for 5/6ths of a game put have bad parts here and there

4) THe running game. Very much a question mark in my mind

NU

1) Zac Lee, which QB are you? really good when facing bad teams, or really bad when facing good teams. Somewhere in the middle is my guess

2) Running game. Is it real? 2 out of 3 games were pretty good, but one was sunbelt and the other one of the worst run D's in the country. But is Vt one of the worst because the faced 2 of the best??

3) Is the D really that good? Shut down VT, but VT sucks on O. However the D still shut them down. But the gave up twice as many yards to two sunbelt teams. But the backups played more...I dont know what to think

4) Mental mistakes are still going on. Both in coverages and gaps as well as penalties. How will that be corrected and will it be done in time not to cost the team during conference play

And thats just 4 of the many questions I have about both teams. Hopefully we will se a good game that the Tigers win ;) But i truely would not be surprised at this point with any outcome. Reminds me alot of the 07 game. Both fan bases felt it was theirs to lose and the whole time I had no clue. Was pretty nervous before that game and will probably be the same before this one as well.

Really there are a lot of unaswered questions on both teams. I dont believe that any one really knows what they truly have. My best guess is it will be two good teams, not great, playing eachother. Its fairly early in the season and both have an extra week to prepare.

MU

1) Is Mu offense really that great. I dont believe anyone really knows. They have potential. And have in spurts shown the ability to do the same things they have the past years, but there is not alot of consistancy

2) The D has shown they can do a pretty good job limiting the run. But have the faced a good running team yet? Too early to tell, but it doesnt appear so

3) No consistance in tackling. Look really good for 5/6ths of a game put have bad parts here and there

NU

1) Zac Lee, which QB are you? really good when facing bad teams, or really bad when facing good teams. Somewhere in the middle is my guess

2) Running game. Is it real? 2 out of 3 games were pretty good, but one was sunbelt and the other one of the worst run D's in the country. But is Vt one of the worst because the faced 2 of the best??

3) Is the D really that good? Shut down VT, but VT sucks on O. However the D still shut them down. But the gave up twice as many yards to two sunbelt teams. But the backups played more...I dont know what to think

4) Mental mistakes are still going on. Both in coverages and gaps as well as penalties. How will that be corrected and will it be done in time not to cost the team during conference play

And thats just 4 of the many questions I have about both teams. Hopefully we will se a good game that the Tigers win ;) But i truely would not be surprised at this point with any outcome. Reminds me alot of the 07 game. Both fan bases felt it was theirs to lose and the whole time I had no clue. Was pretty nervous before that game and will probably be the same before this one as well.

A lot of what you're saying can be chalked up to "it's early."

I anticipate a pretty big snoozefest for both teams this weekend, and a lot of fun in two weeks.

MU

NU

A lot of what you're saying can be chalked up to "it's early."

I anticipate a pretty big snoozefest for both teams this weekend, and a lot of fun in two weeks.

I agree. And its early is why many of those questions have yet to be answered.

I will say that Nebraska has been "punched" in the mouth by a good team this year and has responded; Missou has not. Nebraska went on the road in a hostile environment and basically dominated the game for 57 minutes; Missou has played at home and their "hostile" environment is Reno.

I will say Nebraska will be more battle tested than Missou come game time.

MU

NU

Fro, one question. In the little I've seen of the Tigers (I plan on catching tonight's game) I've been really impressed with the way Gabbert has stepped in. But it seems as if the offense is missing some kind of spark - they don't seem quite as explosive as last year. A very good offense, but not quite what was there at this time last year (and I'm not going off scores so much as it just seemed that Missouri was scoring so much and so effortlessly last year). I know it's early, and like NU Missouri is having to replace some key players, but is that the impression of the fan base as well? And if so, any thoughts on why or what's missing?

I'm sure everyone is wondering what happened to the three topics discussing MU v. NU. Don't worry, they're alive and well. We moved 'em to the Woodshed. Not only were they getting repetitive, they were starting to get a little heated, so this is your chance to cut loose. Plus, we've picked up a few fans from other teams that seem to want to talk smack rather than discuss the merits of the game itself. Nothing wrong with that and we appreciate fans of opposing teams - but it seems that each attempt by anyone to actually discuss each team's strong and weak points quickly dissolves into a pissing match. Entertaining, but prevents any real football talk. So, if you're missing the smack, head over to the Woodshed and continue. If you don't have a password, PM a mod for it. We don't actually check IDs, and you don't need your parents' permission...

Ya, this ain't tigerboard. If you want pissing matches they go on all day there...

I will say that Nebraska has been "punched" in the mouth by a good team this year and has responded; Missou has not. Nebraska went on the road in a hostile environment and basically dominated the game for 57 minutes; Missou has played at home and their "hostile" environment is Reno.

I will say Nebraska will be more battle tested than Missou come game time.

But..But Illinois was favored darnit! I tell ya, no respect. ;) <--------for the sarcasm impaired.