VT dominating UM...

Husker0181

You guys have to be kidding me? NU is better than Miami because you played V-Tech closer in Blacksburg? Really!?! Miami is better than Nebraska.

V-Tech plays Miami EVERY year and knows them inside and out. You can't base their performance over Miami as they're so much better. Put the game in the Orange Bowl, without the rain and elements and suddenly Miami becomes the better team.

You Huskers make me laugh. Can't wait to play ya'll in Lawrence. LOL.

Southern Miss. Southern Miss. It is true that they always play each other hard, but that does not discredit what Neb. did in Blacksburg. As for you comment out the score being different if they had played in the Orange Bowl, while the score might have been different VT would have still won. They were just more physical than Miami.

As for us playing you guys in Lawrence, umm unless ya'll get better or something changes Neb. is going to bring out the big stick and whack away.

You guys have to be kidding me? NU is better than Miami because you played V-Tech closer in Blacksburg? Really!?! Miami is better than Nebraska.

V-Tech plays Miami EVERY year and knows them inside and out. You can't base their performance over Miami as they're so much better. Put the game in the Orange Bowl, without the rain and elements and suddenly Miami becomes the better team.

Southern Miss. Southern Miss. It is true that they always play each other hard, but that does not discredit what Neb. did in Blacksburg. As for you comment out the score being different if they had played in the Orange Bowl, while the score might have been different VT would have still won. They were just more physical than Miami.

As for us playing you guys in Lawrence, umm unless ya'll get better or something changes Neb. is going to bring out the big stick and whack away.

Please! Miami has played 3 straight ranked opponents. Try playing 3 straight and bring your A game to each one of those games. It's a very difficult thing to do for college kids. For anyone to say Nebraska or anyone else in the North for that matter, is better than Miami is delusional. Miami has more team speed than Nebraska could ever imagine. That goes for KU and everyone else in the North. 2 different levels of competition. You can't just point to one game and proclaim you're better because of that. Could Nebraska go into FSU and win? Could they beat Georgia Tech at home??? Seriously...ask yourself that before you start saying you're better than Miami.

As for KU, don't worry about us. Unlike you we took care of business in the non conference. We beat Southern Miss and our defense won the game for us. Southern Miss will likely win Conference USA. They're a good football team and played like it. It was a good win for the Jayhawks.

I'm not basing Nebraska's ability on VT's performance, I'm just saying it would have felt better watching them beat Miami like a drum had we won.....thats all. I like the Hokies and their fans.

As far as you can't wait for Lawrence. I can't either. I have watched the Duke and Southern Miss games closely...particularly the O and D lines for KU. KU has a great passing game but, I like our chances...again like last year in Lincoln. Suh and company has seen your o-line before.

After what Southern Miss did today I can't either......

Please! Miami has played 3 straight ranked opponents. Try playing 3 straight and bring your A game to each one of those games. It's a very difficult thing to do for college kids. For anyone to say Nebraska or anyone else in the North for that matter, is better than Miami is delusional. Miami has more team speed than Nebraska could ever imagine. That goes for KU and everyone else in the North. 2 different levels of competition. You can't just point to one game and proclaim you're better because of that. Could Nebraska go into FSU and win? Could they beat Georgia Tech at home??? Seriously...ask yourself that before you start saying you're better than Miami.

As for KU, don't worry about us. Unlike you we took care of business in the non conference. We beat Southern Miss and our defense won the game for us. Southern Miss will likely win Conference USA. They're a good football team and played like it. It was a good win for the Jayhawks.

Regardless of their rank, they played a team that barely beat Jacksonville State and a team that had played 3 games in 12 days. I'm not saying we are better than Miami, but don't take away from our performance against VT. As for your argument that Miami has more team speed, yes they do, but speed means nothing unless you are in the right place. I also recall people using that against us when we played Clemson.

Oh yeah I'm not worrying about KU, I expect Neb to beat KU. maybe not 90's style but something pretty close.

Kudos you did beat your non-conference opponents, the dreaded Duke Blue Devils, the fearsome Miners from UTEP, and mighty Nothern Colorado.

I normally don't talk trash but you were running off at the mouth.

Different days different teams different attitude.

After watching Miami and VaTech play today it is easy to think of what might have been. But we did not win, they beat us and Miami. They are the team right now and we have to hope they keep winning.

I think we are stronger than I thought, and I think after watching the games of Missouir, Kansas, VaTech and Miami, I have higher hopes than I did this morning.

We are not back, but neither of the two teams we must face are as powerful as I thought or they think.

I still see two very tough games in Kansas and Missouri. Each will get better this next week.

Our season swings on Zac Lee. If he plays like last week we most likely lose both. If he plays like he has shown he can we stand a good chance in both. We will not win with Cody starting, and most likley not next year from what I saw.

You can not compare games won by other teams. But we know we game VaTech a much better game than Miami did today. If Miami gives Oklahoma a game, then we all have a chance to get this south jinx off of us.

I must admit I am very happy to be a Husker tonight. I see the improvement that others have seen before. I truly believe we have turned this sucker around and the future is bright. Maybe not this year but next for sure.

Well the rain makes a difference. Miami's speed is neutralized. Their defender fell down on the second score (granted it was still going to be a big gain). But it is fun and painful to watch (hate miami but we were so close)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but they get A LOT of rain in Miami and they should know how to play in some rain as well if not better than VT. I don't put the weather in this as a factor

You're wrong. Miami's style of offense (pass heavy) suffers in the rain. Watched recievers drop quick thrown balls and the qb fumbled and had trouble with grip early on. Why didn't tech? Different style. Tyrod Taylor spends more time running with the ball tucked. And when a reciever slips in coverage and water is splattering around him...that's a factor.

Well the rain makes a difference. Miami's speed is neutralized. Their defender fell down on the second score (granted it was still going to be a big gain). But it is fun and painful to watch (hate miami but we were so close)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but they get A LOT of rain in Miami and they should know how to play in some rain as well if not better than VT. I don't put the weather in this as a factor

You're wrong. Miami's style of offense (pass heavy) suffers in the rain. Watched recievers drop quick thrown balls and the qb fumbled and had trouble with grip early on. Why didn't tech? Different style. Tyrod Taylor spends more time running with the ball tucked. And when a reciever slips in coverage and water is splattering around him...that's a factor.

That's why they play the game in all types of weather, and you'd better field a team that can win in all types of weather. For offense that means being able to run the ball as well as pass it. If your team can't win on rainy days, who's friggin fault is that but your own? Don't build a one-dimensional offense and the weather won't be that big of a factor. I rest my case.

You have to love it when people like this who boldly make claims and have absolutely nothing to back them up. You were probably one of the guys saying VT had no chance in this game as well....even though I'm sure you won't admit it now. We may not have as much talent as a lot of teams yet....but we are getting to the point where on any given day we could play with anyone....and so yes....I'd have no problem playing Miami....they don't scare me....despite your bravado. What we do know is.....Nebraska went Blacksburg and outplayed VT in every aspect of the game. If not for a couple crucial calls Nebraska scores 17 more pts and it's a blow out. Even VT fans were smart enough to admit they were completely outplayed. Of course it doesn't necessarily mean we are better than Miami....but it also doesn't mean with VT dominating Miami today that we should put any credit into what you're saying....Miami is better than NU. C'mon. Get real. You have to give us something more than just your biased opinion.

Well I was totally wrong about VT...or maybe I was wrong about Miami. I thought that Miami was a very good team, maybe even top 5. Today they laid an egg so enormous that I cannot put them in even the top 15. As for VA Tech ... I don't know about that team, they are an enigma. I have thought for the majority of the preseason, and until this week, that they have been vastly overrated. I really think Tyrod is NOT a quality QB but today they just bulldozed UM's D. I'll credit what happened today to two things. 1) Winning on the road is much, much tougher than winning at home, at least for ACC games (and I am sure that is also the case for almost everyone else.) 2) Miami got a big head from getting so much praise after their win last week. I do not think VA Tech is as good as they looked or Miami is as bad as the display they put on today, but VT was definitely the better team.

What this game today shows me is that Nebraska is much better than I thought. This does help Nebraska a TON. they basically just sh#t a win down their leg against a team that laid the wood to the media darling UM. My view on the future of the Huskers this season has improved dramatically. Nebraska's running game and defense look just fantastic now when thinking of how VT shut down UM's running game and how they cut through Miami's D with such ease. Just need better QB play in the big games... I realize Lee lights it up against no names but he needs to play well when it counts as well.

And the best part is we Yellow Jackets can now go Beat VT in 3 weeks and cause the bid to the ACCCG to go through a tie breaker assuming all three teams win out in conference.. (NOT LIKELY!!!) haha

Deny this...

Same team on the same field we were close enough and should have won.. THEY GOT KILLED!

Jayhawks looked good though.. :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:sarcasm

:facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

You can't compare scores and determine who is better. That method could be used to come up with absurd possibilities. Just a few years ago Montana St. beat Colorado and then the next week Chadron St. beat Montana St. Going by those results, it would make you think that Chadron St. is better than Colorado!....Yeah...........Wait....... What was the point I was trying to make here?