This is what Mizzou Fans Think of Nebraska.....

Taken from the Dave Matter Blog Comments of the Columbia Tribune:

I haven't lost any faith in this coaching staff, and I'm certain that there are multiple issues, and players to blame for the weak ground game. We've still got time to figure things out before the conference opener. Besides, weak ground game or not, NU's defense doesn't scare me in the least bit. Especially NU's secondary. NU hasn't played anyone with the likes of what MU's qb and wr's present for opposing teams. The one varsity squad they've played this year hasn't had an offense in years. (Multiple fieldgoals will not beat MU.) Defending MU's offense will be the greatest challenge they will have faced thus far, and they won't be facing it in the friendly confines of Lincoln. Their qb is barely average at throwing the ball, and their wr's drop too many passes that they shouldn't. Their biggest threat on offense is Helu, and if he doesn't have a monster game in Columbia then NU has NO chance at winning this game. That "Slow-as-molasses-in-January" secondary the Huskers have will get torched come October 8th.

Yes, that's absolutely correct Tjones, despite their bad record the Illini has better offensive talent at the skill positions than NU. The weakest link in the Illini's chain is their headcoach, not their talent. So don't think for a minute that "Pedestrian Zac", "Butterfingers Holt", "Nancy-boy Niles", or "Wannabe 21 again-Watson" put any fear into the minds of Spoon and company.

You really should re-title your post to "This is what ONE Mizzou fan thinks".

Your insecurity is showing.

main pt that was relevant is the Ill skill players are better than anything NU has or MU, some rate them best in country, has actually, they are an incredibly talented bunch, Benn is preseason AA (got hurt on first play) and fayson FL transfer player with a NC ring and 5 star talent, several 4 & 5 star receivers and rb's in mix. course with a dud at qb who couldn't get them the ball didn't matter much now did it? Zook is a joke of a HC.

Again non of the games played truly matter, in less than one week let's get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeee! may the best team win!

best team is Nebraska... nuff said.

Who cares?

MU fans are known across the Big 12 for having way too much misplaced faith in their team.

They may be talking smack now, but come the end of the season when they have only beaten the teams they were supposed to beat and got trounced by the better teams, their tone will be different. After watching their games this year, they are no more talented this year than Nebraska was last year. And if they are, they sure haven't proven it yet.

I haven't lost any faith in this coaching staff, and I'm certain that there are multiple issues, and players to blame for the weak ground game. We've still got time to figure things out before the conference opener. Besides, weak ground game or not, NU's defense doesn't scare me in the least bit. Especially NU's secondary. NU hasn't played anyone with the likes of what MU's qb and wr's present for opposing teams. The one varsity squad they've played this year hasn't had an offense in years. (Multiple fieldgoals will not beat MU.) Defending MU's offense will be the greatest challenge they will have faced thus far, and they won't be facing it in the friendly confines of Lincoln. Their qb is barely average at throwing the ball, and their wr's drop too many passes that they shouldn't. Their biggest threat on offense is Helu, and if he doesn't have a monster game in Columbia then NU has NO chance at winning this game. That "Slow-as-molasses-in-January" secondary the Huskers have will get torched come October 8th.

Yes, that's absolutely correct Tjones, despite their bad record the Illini has better offensive talent at the skill positions than NU. The weakest link in the Illini's chain is their headcoach, not their talent. So don't think for a minute that "Pedestrian Zac", "Butterfingers Holt", "Nancy-boy Niles", or "Wannabe 21 again-Watson" put any fear into the minds of Spoon and company.

Your insecurity shows by not agreeing with him. Thanks for stopping by.

Come on guys I have heard way worse on here about their team and players.

He thinks they are going to win. He support's his team. He is a fan.

I would hope all their fans feel the same way, and as to the name calling, do any of you remember booger eater?

Just good fun and if you sat down and talked to him you would find he is just like 99% on this board. Most fans are not realistic in their approach to their team. We have a few on here if I remember corrrectly.

Nothing here that indicates he is evil, just his coments about our team.

I think we are the better team, but they have delt us fits at their house with far less talented teams than ours. It will be a good game.

Come on guys I have heard way worse on here about their team and players.

He thinks they are going to win. He support's his team. He is a fan.

I would hope all their fans feel the same way, and as to the name calling, do any of you remember booger eater?

Just good fun and if you sat down and talked to him you would find he is just like 99% on this board. Most fans are not realistic in their approach to their team. We have a few on here if I remember corrrectly.

Nothing here that indicates he is evil, just his coments about our team.

I think we are the better team, but they have delt us fits at their house with far less talented teams than ours. It will be a good game.

I agree with you. He makes some points, but I think he is off-base. It will be a good game, that's for sure.

Not true dude. Every comment after Matter's Blog mirrored the same sentiment when referring to the Huskers.

I'm astounded by a couple of prevailing themes from Tiger fans:

1. Our secondary is unathletic.

2. Our offense sucks because we couldn't score a TD versus Va Tech.

3. The notion that you will somehow score more against Nebraska than you could muster against Nevada, Bowling Green, or Illinois.

These ideas are laughable.

And no I am not insecure. For the first time in 3 years, I actually think Nebraska will give Mizzou serious matchup problems.

Not true dude. Every comment after Matter's Blog mirrored the same sentiment when referring to the Huskers.

I'm astounded by a couple of prevailing themes from Tiger fans:

1. Our secondary is unathletic.

2. Our offense sucks because we couldn't score a TD versus Va Tech.

3. The notion that you will somehow score more against Nebraska than you could muster against Nevada, Bowling Green, or Illinois.

These ideas are laughable.

And no I am not insecure. For the first time in 3 years, I actually think Nebraska will give Mizzou serious matchup problems.

OK, you're not insecure. You're delusional.

Here's the tread comments:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/beh...-game/#comments

If anything the prevailing thoughts in the comments are about what Mizzou needs to do better.

That title should read

"this is what ONE MU fan thinks of Nebraska..."

His opinions are his own. Right or wrong. I have heard just a bad from nebraska fans, some even on this board. My favorite was that MU was just another Sun Belt team that would finish in the middle of the pack of the teams NU has already played.

I would advise you not to get all bent of of shape over one far left or far right opinion. Its not good for your health....

My experience with the Mizzou game, especially at Farrot Field ... is very scary! Tigers always play the Huskers tough ... especially when they didn't have talent. Look what they did to us with talent. They stole a QB from us in recruiting and now we go up against a solid QB.

Leave the folks on the "fringe" out of this ... core Mizzou fans know they have a solid team and core Husker fans know we are on the rebound. Should be a good "barn burner" IMHO.

Mizzou should be favored and win ... we can pull this one out ... and if we do ... I hope there is no celebration ... that will really show me what type of team we have.

SheepdogMark

My favorite was that MU was just another Sun Belt team that would finish in the middle of the pack of the teams NU has already played.

Did I say that? I know I've thought it was a possibility...

I love that you are such a smart ass :lol:

But wait just a second.... :blink:

He isnt serious...is he?! :unsure:

He wouldn't.... <_<

He had better not be talking some silly smack... :angry:

I'd let him know where he is wrong... :bs::box

OH....it was a joke...okay :mellow:

I still love you knapplc....brotherly love that is :cheers:thumbs

My experience with the Mizzou game, especially at Farrot Field ... is very scary! Tigers always play the Huskers tough ... especially when they didn't have talent. Look what they did to us with talent. They stole a QB from us in recruiting and now we go up against a solid QB.

Leave the folks on the "fringe" out of this ... core Mizzou fans know they have a solid team and core Husker fans know we are on the rebound. Should be a good "barn burner" IMHO.

Mizzou should be favored and win ... we can pull this one out ... and if we do ... I hope there is no celebration ... that will really show me what type of team we have.

SheepdogMark

I think both teams are pretty good Sheepdog. I wouldn't sell your team short but I think you are right about both teams bringing it. MU lost a lot of games to NE, but it seemed like they gave them a game more often than not.

Should be a fun one. :thumbs