BO REALLY NEEDS TO BEAT MU

Twodocs

But as of now, you have to give credit to MU.. they have been the better program as of late.

I've been here a week or two.

It ain't gonna happen.

Come now Timmy, I have given you guys credit. I believe we do have to give you guys credit for being the better program as of late. But believe me there is a feeling here in Nebraska that we are on track, because we have a coach that actually tries to teach these kids. The thing I think personally is the non-con games do not matter anymore. This is where the season starts so we will have to see who is the best team. Lots of questions on both sides this year and no telling what team either has until the conference starts. Seeing as this is the first conference game for both teams...still lots to speculate on.

I don't mind saying it...I don't think either team really NEEDS this win to take the north, but whoever does win will be a heavy favorite to win the north. My reason for saying neither team NEEDS this win is we still need to see what Kansas does...the north is a 3 way race still and lots can happen with the tough games on everyone's schedules. Anyways, I will say it for you Tim...you guys have had the better program of late and if you guys win then you still have that title. We have to beat the best to be the best and hopefully we can do that this year.

But as of now, you have to give credit to MU.. they have been the better program as of late.

I've been here a week or two.

It ain't gonna happen.

Umm, there are plenty of Nebraska fans that will admit that Missouri has had more success recently than the Huskers. Pinkel has done a good job. Somebody in the North had to fill the void when Nebraska football fell into the abyss, and Missouri (and Kansas) did just that. But it was done mostly on a diet of pitiful Big 12 North teams (Nebraska included) in a division that was the laughing stock of college football for much of the decade.

I think you were just trolling with your hilarious "Tiger aura" comment, but in case you really meant it, that's even funnier. Missouri and Nebraska are pretty irrelevant in the national picture of college football right now. A couple of Big 12 North divisional championships followed by drubbings in the CCG does not relevancy make. Hell, even Bill Callahan managed to pull off a divisional championship. Somebody's got to win it. :-)

Whatever happens Thursday really doesn't mean much in the big picture if our teams continue to get trounced by Texas and OU. If the Tigers start winning those games---not just the occasional fluke win but consistently competing in those games--then you'll have something. The same can be said about Nebraska.

I wouldn't bet either way on the Missouri-Nebraska game, I think it's a toss-up and Columbia has not been kind to the Huskers of late. But even a Tiger win won't say much about their ability to compete with Texas. That will be Pinkel's "defining game" if you want to use that term. If the Tigers beat Nebraska and then beat Texas and go on to win a Big 12 Championship, I'll be the first to give Missouri their due credit.

If you want to win the North, then yes, this is a must win game.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Somebody is posting with a clear head.

This is not only a game that is a must to win the North, it is also a game for Bo's psyche.

If the Bugeaters lose to Mizzou....AGAIN....that would make it three losses in a row (5 of 7) for the Huskers and two losses for Bo individually.

The more the losses start to pile up against a certain 'rival', the harder it is to swing it the other way.

(See how the Huskers used to wipe their shoes on Mizzou in the 80's and 90's)

This IS a big DEFINING game for Bo and Huskers.

You can call me ridiculous, you can spit your beer out, you can call me names, you can say I'm your winner of the Golden Troll (thanks, by the way)....I don't give two flips. I'm looking at this without red shades.

I think that you just jinxed your team by highlighting the "Is" in Husker red..........just giving your crap

It's Bo's second year with (I'm guessing here, but I know it's close) 70 some Freshman on the team. It is not a MUST win.

With that being said, it's really not even a debate. We will win this game no problem.

According to ESPN, we have:

Freshmen: 80

Sophomores: 23

Juniors: 26

Seniors: 14

Any way you slice it, this is a young team.

It's Bo's second year with (I'm guessing here, but I know it's close) 70 some Freshman on the team. It is not a MUST win.

With that being said, it's really not even a debate. We will win this game no problem.

According to ESPN, we have:

Freshmen: 80

Sophomores: 23

Juniors: 26

Seniors: 14

Any way you slice it, this is a young team.

How many of those freshman are true freshman, and RS freshman?

You got me. I have a spreadsheet with a breakdown, but it's at work. I'll tell you tomorrow if someone doesn't answer it already.

I counted them real quick. 40 RS freshman, and 40 true freshman.

You got me. I have a spreadsheet with a breakdown, but it's at work. I'll tell you tomorrow if someone doesn't answer it already.

I counted them real quick. 40 RS freshman, and 40 true freshman.

Good man. That means we have as many athletic Freshmen as we have Juniors and Seniors. Combined.

If these guys continue to develop, learn and grow within the system, there is no reason why we cannot be a top ten team next year. No reason at all.

Am I the only one that doesn't get all the bickering going on about this game? Will Nebraska be satisfied getting past Mizzou? No! Will Mizzou be satisfied getting past Nebraska? No! The North surrendered the Big 12 several years ago. Mizzou and Nebraska are chasing the same thing. If either one of us is simply satisfied with beating each other and other North teams, we will continue to surrender the Big 12 to the South. Beating Mizzou and Kansas this year doesn't mean squat to me. Beating OU and then Texass in the Big 12 Championship game, now that means something!

Am I the only one that doesn't get all the bickering going on about this game? Will Nebraska be satisfied getting past Mizzou? No! Will Mizzou be satisfied getting past Nebraska? No! The North surrendered the Big 12 several years ago. Mizzou and Nebraska are chasing the same thing. If either one of us is simply satisfied with beating each other and other North teams, we will continue to surrender the Big 12 to the South. Beating Mizzou and Kansas this year doesn't mean squat to me. Beating OU and then Texass in the Big 12 Championship game, now that means something!

Yeah but Mizzou are f'ing a$$hole$.

So... when Missouri fans come on our board and paint our team in an unfavorable light, you suggest we ___________?

All I've been doing is responding to claims made by some Missouri homers, and in the case of MissouriBob and Fro, chit-chatting about the game.

How about the fact that neither team can get a shot to beat the South without winning this game. Like it or not, this game is important and allows either team to take the next step.

Actually, the loser of the upcoming game could still get a shot to be in the Big 12 Championship game. OU lost to Texas last year, but they still got in there. Which next step are we talking about? In 06', we won the North and got crushed in the title game. In 07' & 08', Mizzou won the North and took it on the chin in the title game. The next step isn't winning the North for either team. The next step is winning the Big 12. Maybe the winner of this game represents the North, but then again maybe not. Thursday night cannot come soon enough!