Turner Gill

mitch7

Of course ESPN has to drag Nebraska into a racial discussion! They hate us! :espnsucks::sarcasm

But seriously, gotta respect him. He's a good dude. I don't think there's any question that when he lands a job at a BCS school, he'll be very successful.

Atleast we weren't alone, they brought Auburn into it, and it seemed to me there was more racial prejudice from Auburn and ESPN than from Nebraska (if there was any, Tom Osborne made a good point about the defense and why Bo was picked over Turner.)

People must understand that Turner was interviewed at Nebraska before last season. The comparison between Bo and Turners credentials were relatively similar at this point. Turner was shafted at Auburn but in retrospect is that the place he really wants to start? I believe he would be behind the eight ball, the SEC does not look the best place to start for him. He will be good in a large conference and I hope he shows the college football world that he is great coach/teacher/mentor to young student athletes.

I have a lot of respect for Turner. He is a winner. I would love to have him at Nebraska as the head coach. I also understand where T.O. is coming from by hiring a defensive guy. Still, I bet Turner would have put together a very strong staff and I know he would have taken the program in the right direction. I thought the classy taped comments from Turner at the 300th sellout were right on. It's good to know that he will always see himself as a Husker.

We Miss You Turner.

Good luck, my friend.

Turner was shafted at Auburn but in retrospect is that the place he really wants to start?

considering chizdik is now 5-0 with about the same group of tigers tubberville had last year, yes.

i'm not sure what the same coach who lead a mediocre iowa state did to right the ship down there, but you have to think turner gill could have gotten the same results.

I miss Gill.

Our staff was just better when he was on it.

What a great man.

It's nice having so many awesome people come from this program.

(save your criminal comments trolls.)

:yeah

I agree that our staff was better with Gill on it, and no, that's not a slam toward our current staff.

Also, I hope to see Scott Frost on our staff one day too.

Of course ESPN has to drag Nebraska into a racial discussion! They hate us! :espnsucks::sarcasm

But seriously, gotta respect him. He's a good dude. I don't think there's any question that when he lands a job at a BCS school, he'll be very successful.

Atleast we weren't alone, they brought Auburn into it, and it seemed to me there was more racial prejudice from Auburn and ESPN than from Nebraska (if there was any, Tom Osborne made a good point about the defense and why Bo was picked over Turner.)

:yeah

I think we got off easy because A) It's T.O., who doesn't love the guy? and B) Our defense was horrible, and Bo Pelini is a defensive guy. Seems rather counter-intuitive to bring Gill into the situation.

From what I gathered, the racial perspective was pointed directly at Auburn not Nebraska. Gill handled himself exactly as he should have with class. The Buffalo AD handled himself rather poorly which is why Gill will eventually land a high profile job and the AD will be stuck indefinitely in Buffalo. Let's face a few facts here. Chizik was on Auburn's staff that went undefeated. The next year he was on Texass's staff and won a NC. To me, it was still a no brainer for Auburn to hire him over Gill even after his performance at Iowa State. Who has ever been successful at Iowa State? Hindsight 20/20 but Auburn is ranked and undefeated thus far in 2009. Buffalo is what 1-4?

Turner was shafted at Auburn but in retrospect is that the place he really wants to start?

considering chizdik is now 5-0 with about the same group of tigers tubberville had last year, yes.

i'm not sure what the same coach who lead a mediocre iowa state did to right the ship down there, but you have to think turner gill could have gotten the same results.

He hired Gus Malzahn.....