how do you feel

I am excited. I am really excited. Last time I was this excited was back in summer 2006. World Cup. Germany playing Italy in the semi-final. I was watching the game with 3.000 people on a huge screen. Inside a gym. What an atmosphere. It was 0-0 going into overtime. You could grasp the tension, the hope of winning, the fear of not making it. Five minutes before the end of overtime ...boom. Italy scores, two minutes later they score again. Game over. It's like hitting a concrete wall at full speed.

Now I am here three years later and the feeling is back. Excitement and anxiousness, with a slight urge of vomiting.

I only spend one of my almost 30 years in Nebraska. More than 13 years ago. Over here I don't talk Huskers, I don't talk college football, actually I am not talking football at all. On this board I can and I do. Sometimes. Usually I read. I am not much into X's and O's. Back in the days I played Madden on an Amiga once awhile. It took me a long time to figure out that "fake punt" wasn't the only passing play in the playbook. But I have come a long ways. I love reading this board because it makes me feel normal. My wife thinks I am weird. She thinks I need help. Going to bed early to get up in the middle of the night to listen to a college football audio stream?? You don't even see it?? Only radio?? That's way beyond her imagination. She says football is boring. She doesn't know. She doesn't know about thursday either. She will shake her head when I tell her that I need to go to bed because the Huskers are playing at 3 a.m. But I can't miss this game. Thursday night, national TV, against a ranked opponent. Against Missouri.

I love Nebraska, I love Cornhusker football and I thank this board and all it's members for enabling me to share my passion.

Now bring on Misery it's time to :restore

I am excited. I am really excited. Last time I was this excited was back in summer 2006. World Cup. Germany playing Italy in the semi-final. I was watching the game with 3.000 people on a huge screen. Inside a gym. What an atmosphere. It was 0-0 going into overtime. You could grasp the tension, the hope of winning, the fear of not making it. Five minutes before the end of overtime ...boom. Italy scores, two minutes later they score again. Game over. It's like hitting a concrete wall at full speed.

Now I am here three years later and the feeling is back. Excitement and anxiousness, with a slight urge of vomiting.

I only spend one of my almost 30 years in Nebraska. More than 13 years ago. Over here I don't talk Huskers, I don't talk college football, actually I am not talking football at all. On this board I can and I do. Sometimes. Usually I read. I am not much into X's and O's. Back in the days I played Madden on an Amiga once awhile. It took me a long time to figure out that "fake punt" wasn't the only passing play in the playbook. But I have come a long ways. I love reading this board because it makes me feel normal. My wife thinks I am weird. She thinks I need help. Going to bed early to get up in the middle of the night to listen to a college football audio stream?? You don't even see it?? Only radio?? That's way beyond her imagination. She says football is boring. She doesn't know. She doesn't know about thursday either. She will shake her head when I tell her that I need to go to bed because the Huskers are playing at 3 a.m. But I can't miss this game. Thursday night, national TV, against a ranked opponent. Against Missouri.

I love Nebraska, I love Cornhusker football and I thank this board and all it's members for enabling me to share my passion.

Sounds like your a true Husker!! Getting up in the middle of the night doesn't sound weird to me. I have done it several times when I was out of the country and the Huskers were on.

My feeling on the game? We win by ten and I am a realist that doesn't drink the big red kool aid too often. I see the offense coming together and a defense that is continueing on a path of being one of the best in the last ten years. Just too much for the Tigers.

Where you at cause there are lots of Husker folk in Spangdahlem and Ramstein, maybe even a watchsite.

My wife thinks I am weird. She thinks I need help. Going to bed early to get up in the middle of the night to listen to a college football audio stream?? You don't even see it?? Only radio?? That's way beyond her imagination. She says football is boring. She doesn't know. She doesn't know about thursday either. She will shake her head when I tell her that I need to go to bed because the Huskers are playing at 3 a.m. But I can't miss this game.

People who are not Husker fans cannot understand it. People who are Husker fans can't explain it. Once you are exposed to is you are hooked for life.

My wife grew up in Kansas where they teach their children to hate Nebraksa fans. I took her to one game and it that was all it took. She is a fan for life.

Thats awesome to have die hard fans like yourself half way around the world. I am nervous for this game as well. I dont know how to gauge the game. I have been going back and forth all week. I think we are the better team, but will we play like it is the question. If our defense plays like they did the last 2 weeks, we trounce Missery. If we have mental breakdowns and the O cant get going it could be a long night.

On a side note, obviously your wife has never seen college football in person. My brother-in-law and his wife have aupairs that come from Germany every year and after seeing the games in person and the atmosphere they are hooked.

I think video of the game will be on ESPN360 online. I haven't taken the time to look, but some of the ESPN games so far have also been online.

Yes - it will be on live at 9:00 eastern time on ESPN360. However, unless you're on a college campus, it will cost. And some internet service providers don't allow it (like Time Warner in Lincoln)

I think video of the game will be on ESPN360 online. I haven't taken the time to look, but some of the ESPN games so far have also been online.

Yes - it will be on live at 9:00 eastern time on ESPN360. However, unless you're on a college campus, it will cost. And some internet service providers don't allow it (like Time Warner in Lincoln)

Yeah, I find that hilarious. They are just NOW finally going to allow it in Omaha through Cox cable. I think it's ridiculous that they provide it free for college campuses but not for everyone. LIke ESPN doesn't make enough friggin' money. :facepalm:

I wanted to watch a couple games on 360 the other day and couldn't because Time Warner doesn't allow it... talk about irritating. :bs::rant

Actually, it doesn't cost simply because you're not on a college campus. It's free, depending on your cable provider. As of September 30th, Cox is now on that list (for those of us in Omaha). I watched plenty of games on it over the weekend.

College campuses and military-based ISPs get it for free as well.

ESPN360 FAQ

:corndance

Actually, it doesn't cost simply because you're not on a college campus. It's free, depending on your cable provider. As of September 30th, Cox is now on that list (for those of us in Omaha). I watched plenty of games on it over the weekend.

College campuses and military-based ISPs get it for free as well.

ESPN360 FAQ

:corndance

Well thanks for clearing that up! I hope Lincoln's cable providers get that soon. I would love to be able to watch a bunch of games at one time!