Annoying people to watch the game with

There are a few types of fans that I get annoyed by (they aren't actually annoying, the error is in me, not them), but I think the people I have the worst time with are people who are just overly pessimistic. You don't hear anything other than a typical "WHOOOO" when there is a big play, but you hear constant moaning and putting down of the players when they mess up.

The fan that can't take any criticism of their team and will claim that any said fan is not really a fan and should leave the bar. Met a lot of these fans during the Callahan years. I bet their the same fans that cuss whenever his name is mentioned now. <_<

They remind me of the subject Real fan post on here occasionally. :steam

Landlord not saying your that kind of fan but it sounds pretty close to it.

I don't think I am that kind of fan, but I could be wrong. I am fine with criticism, and I am fine with being criticized myself as long as it's in a healthy matter. An example of what I dislike would be when Ohanlon gave up the 81 yarder to Va Tech, I heard a lot of people around me shouting the likes of "THAT GUY IS SO RETARDED I'M GONNA GO STAB HIM!" and "PELINI IS AN IDIOT TO PUT THAT KID IN IN ANY GAME HE IS THE WORST PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN". Hope that helps clarify.

P.S. - I am far from someone who cusses anytime I hear the name Callahan, in fact I even made a thread called "Good things that Callahan did for our program" or something of the sort.

Fair enough. I'm the kind kind of fan that complains why is the defender 10 yards off when the offense only needs 5 yards for a first down. Course after asking it everytime Cosgrove did it could get really annoying I guess ;)

The guy at the bar who's got to yell louder and longer than everybody else and every 3 seconds has to try to get the "Gooooooooo Biiiiiiiiig Reeeeed" chant going. I hate the analysts too that have to nitpick why we only got a 4 yard gain, when if we did it his way we could take it to the house. I hate the "you're not as big a Cornhusker Fan as me" attitude too, and the ones that rip on people because they're wearing a Tommie Frazier #15 Jersey. To me it's fine to show tradition too.

Who are you watching games with! I would have only one response to any "fan" that questions the name or number I choose to wear on my jersey, and that's the ol' two gun salute!!! double-finger.gif

There are two people I know that drive me crazy when they do this. When Nebraska may not be moving the ball as well as they would like they'll say "Jesus, we should've kept Callahan". My dad said that a lot last year, but this year he's coming around.

Also my college roommate, who until then (2006) didn't watch football because he's from Guatemala, will say things if Zac Lee comes out that Cody Green can't be good because he's black, and black guys aren't good quarterbacks. So then I have to tell him that the best college quarterback of all-time, Tommie Frazier, was black. So then he goes and every time Zac Lee throws an incompletion, he texts me that we need to put Cody Green in, because he's better. It's kind of aggravating.

Either that, or when I watch games with my in-laws, they turn the sound off and listen to the radio, because the "tv announcers are biased". I don't have a problem with that, except that there's a tape delay on the tv, so you hear everything before you see it.

I prefer to watch alone, at home, since I absolutely need to concentrate on the game. I do not take kindly to any distractions by anyone. So you might say everyone is annoying to watch with.

The guest that is invited over to watch the game, who chats and babbles constantly during any and all points of the game, with little regard to the score, plays, or teams playing. Who shows little to no interest in the actual football and is just there for the festivities surrounding the game.

QUOTE(teachercd @ Oct 7 2009, 06:49 AM) *

gets really mad at other people when they are not as "focused" on the game

=me

=me2 woot.gif

Me3

I know people hate that and a lot of people like to watch football to be social, but I can't STAND people talking during the game...especially to me during plays. The play lasts maybe 10 seconds...? Talk to me when the clock is stopped.

That and the people who are there to drink/party more than watch the game. I had season tickets with a friend who just wanted to go drink at the tailgate and socialize than watch the game. Several times I sat by myself during second half (well, not by myself...I had other Husker fans with me). I didn't really give a sh#t, I was there to watch the game.

Me4

I cannot stand loud noises and distractions during a football game, especially while there is a play. Talk to me between plays or just wait till commercial, because even between plays I don't really want to talk. My girlfriend gets pissed when I tell her to talk to me after the play is over, but what does she expect? If she wants me to listen to her while I watch a football game, then she'll have to suffer through me talking incessantly while she watches Grey's Anatomy... <_<

I also hate the guy who is doom and gloom, constantly getting pissed because a play didn't net at least 10 yards or a touchdown. And if the Huskers are losing, they flee the place and don't watch the end of the game. I don't like seeing the Huskers lose either, but I'm not about to leave the stadium when you are down against Colorado right before Henery boots a school record kick. :dumdum

You and I have the same issue, I can't stand it when my wife tries to talk to me during a game. Worse yet she decides that critical situations are the time to ask a football question.

Haha yep, that's how it goes.

Although, I am a little bummed, because Jim and Pam are getting married on The Office this week.

Oh well. DVR is an amazing invention.

The guy who says "F#ck you Zac Lee!!" when Lee passes it to a wide open Paul when the fan thought that the wide open Holt was clearly the better choice.

This is also the same guy that says "F#ck you Blackshirts! You suck!" whenever we don't stop the offense for a 20 yard loss every play.

Anything less than a video game causes them to curse out our team. Awful fan and I would like to banish them from this Kingdom known as Husker Football.

Similiar to what some of you posted about wives is the new girlfriend who "claims" she wants to be involved with things I love and learn football from me. She promises to watch, be mostly silent and only ask/discuss football related topics during the game. 5 minutes in she wants to talk about the girl at work that doesn't do her own job or if I want to go see a movie later, etc. That WAS my annoying person to watch a game with. ONE TIME. Let's just say we agreed not to watch football together anymore.

I'm guessing people like Tiger Tim, DocNice, Fro Daddy , MUTigerFan, JeepDad, Tora etc, and catmanzou would be pretty annoying to watch the game with.

:box

chuckleshuffle

Some how I knew my name would get dragged into this thread... <_<

:lol:

I meant that all in jest Fro. I was actually just trying to think of Missouri fans we have on this board and your name popped into my head.

You probably wouldn't be that bad of a guy to watch the game with, except for that unsightly black and gold you'd be sporting.

:thumbs

I'm guessing people like Tiger Tim, DocNice, Fro Daddy , MUTigerFan, JeepDad, Tora etc, and catmanzou would be pretty annoying to watch the game with.

chuckleshuffle

I meant that all in jest Fro. I was actually just trying to think of Missouri fans we have on this board and your name popped into my head.

You probably wouldn't be that bad of a guy to watch the game with, except for that unsightly black and gold you'd be sporting.

And the giant hump on your back. Yes Fro, I had to tell them about your growth. We accept you for who you are though, so no worries my friend.

See, I even called you my friend...can't say I have any Tigger fans as friends other than you, doubt i'll find any others as well. :box:box

chuckleshuffle

And the giant hump on your back. Yes Fro, I had to tell them about your growth. We accept you for who you are though, so no worries my friend.

See, I even called you my friend...can't say I have any Tigger fans as friends other than you, doubt i'll find any others as well. :box:box

you guys sure know how to make a fella feel welcome ;) Here is an example of me watching the game with friends if i am the host. Everyone shows up early and we bs BEFORE THE GAME. Then if we are eating during the game I say "hey everybody, here is the 'insert food' and the 'insert beverage' let me know if you need anything" After that the only real coverstation consist of "nice play" or "you gotta make that tackle/catch/throw" then at half we can talk about whatever, then game, then talking after the game.

I think I would easily fit it with most on the board

And lost, I will be in Vegas next Friday-Sunday. Any hints to a good sports bar/book for saturday? most specifically Sat. night.