Annoying people to watch the game with

Recently we watched a game with some friends at their house. They had invited their friends who were beyond strange. Every comment the announcers made about the other team they would complain that the they hate NU. Any flag against NU they would yell that the game is fixed.

Neither of them knew much about football, which is fine. However they would incorrectly react to so many calls, flags, and comments that the it was no fun to watch the game with them.

Aside from the nay sayers and people walking in front of the TV during play, I can watch a game with most anybody. I don't mind people talking during the game as I know the game of football well enough that I can follow what's going on and I'm able concentrate on what's happening. I don't need to hear Munchburger's view of what's happening.

I prefer to watch alone, at home, since I absolutely need to concentrate on the game. I do not take kindly to any distractions by anyone. So you might say everyone is annoying to watch with.

The guest that is invited over to watch the game, who chats and babbles constantly during any and all points of the game, with little regard to the score, plays, or teams playing. Who shows little to no interest in the actual football and is just there for the festivities surrounding the game.

QUOTE(teachercd @ Oct 7 2009, 06:49 AM) *

gets really mad at other people when they are not as "focused" on the game

=me

=me2 woot.gif

Me3

I know people hate that and a lot of people like to watch football to be social, but I can't STAND people talking during the game...especially to me during plays. The play lasts maybe 10 seconds...? Talk to me when the clock is stopped.

That and the people who are there to drink/party more than watch the game. I had season tickets with a friend who just wanted to go drink at the tailgate and socialize than watch the game. Several times I sat by myself during second half (well, not by myself...I had other Husker fans with me). I didn't really give a sh#t, I was there to watch the game.

One of the most odd experiences I've had watching a football game was the 1995 Fiesta Bowl. My wife's friend and her husband were Florida grads, and me and the wife are Huskers. We went to their house and through the first quarter everyone was enjoying the close game, 10-6 at the end of the first quarter.

Then the second quarter happened. :)

At halftime it was all we could do to keep our friends' spirits up. What do you say when you're up 25 points in a NC game?

The second half was just one long destructive episode of Husker domination, and we all kind of watched it in silence - the wife and I because we didn't want to boast, our friends because there was nothing good about that game for them. I think we left just after the game was over and watched the celebration at home.

It was a lot of fun, but uncomfortable as well.

I hate watching with the arm chair coaches. They KNOW their play will work or they KNOW who is on the sideline that should be in the game.

99.9% of these idiots have NEVER been to a practice.

And 99.9% of these idiots have NEVER read huskerboard so they know the facts (I'm the .1% exception) <GRIN>

I prefer to watch alone, at home, since I absolutely need to concentrate on the game. I do not take kindly to any distractions by anyone. So you might say everyone is annoying to watch with.

The guest that is invited over to watch the game, who chats and babbles constantly during any and all points of the game, with little regard to the score, plays, or teams playing. Who shows little to no interest in the actual football and is just there for the festivities surrounding the game.

=me

=me2 woot.gif

Me3

I know people hate that and a lot of people like to watch football to be social, but I can't STAND people talking during the game...especially to me during plays. The play lasts maybe 10 seconds...? Talk to me when the clock is stopped.

That and the people who are there to drink/party more than watch the game. I had season tickets with a friend who just wanted to go drink at the tailgate and socialize than watch the game. Several times I sat by myself during second half (well, not by myself...I had other Husker fans with me). I didn't really give a sh#t, I was there to watch the game.

Me4

I cannot stand loud noises and distractions during a football game, especially while there is a play. Talk to me between plays or just wait till commercial, because even between plays I don't really want to talk. My girlfriend gets pissed when I tell her to talk to me after the play is over, but what does she expect? If she wants me to listen to her while I watch a football game, then she'll have to suffer through me talking incessantly while she watches Grey's Anatomy... <_<

I also hate the guy who is doom and gloom, constantly getting pissed because a play didn't net at least 10 yards or a touchdown. And if the Huskers are losing, they flee the place and don't watch the end of the game. I don't like seeing the Huskers lose either, but I'm not about to leave the stadium when you are down against Colorado right before Henery boots a school record kick. :dumdum

=me

=me2 woot.gif

Me3

Me4

I cannot stand loud noises and distractions during a football game, especially while there is a play. Talk to me between plays or just wait till commercial, because even between plays I don't really want to talk. My girlfriend gets pissed when I tell her to talk to me after the play is over, but what does she expect? If she wants me to listen to her while I watch a football game, then she'll have to suffer through me talking incessantly while she watches Grey's Anatomy... <_<

I also hate the guy who is doom and gloom, constantly getting pissed because a play didn't net at least 10 yards or a touchdown. And if the Huskers are losing, they flee the place and don't watch the end of the game. I don't like seeing the Huskers lose either, but I'm not about to leave the stadium when you are down against Colorado right before Henery boots a school record kick. :dumdum

Hopefully you have two tvs because i think Grey's Anatomy is on Thursday night. I know my wife will pitch a fit because there is now way i am giving up the HD screen.

There are a few types of fans that I get annoyed by (they aren't actually annoying, the error is in me, not them), but I think the people I have the worst time with are people who are just overly pessimistic. You don't hear anything other than a typical "WHOOOO" when there is a big play, but you hear constant moaning and putting down of the players when they mess up.

=me

=me2 woot.gif

Me3

Me4

You and I have the same issue, I can't stand it when my wife tries to talk to me during a game. Worse yet she decides that critical situations are the time to ask a football question.

My girlfriend gets pissed when I tell her to talk to me after the play is over, but what does she expect? If she wants me to listen to her while I watch a football game, then she'll have to suffer through me talking incessantly while she watches Grey's Anatomy... <_<

...and Melrose Place, and 90210, and that damn beach show, and on, and on, and on.

I don't like watching games with people who bitch about past coaches. Whether they're complaining about Callahan, Cosgrove, Solich, or Bohl I'm not real interested in their opinions.

Although I was once one of them at a time in my life, I don't like watching games with dudes that are blitzed out of their mind. Yes, I've been there before, a long time ago, but I still don't like it. Why miss out on the experience? Plenty of time to get pissed after the game.

There are a few types of fans that I get annoyed by (they aren't actually annoying, the error is in me, not them), but I think the people I have the worst time with are people who are just overly pessimistic. You don't hear anything other than a typical "WHOOOO" when there is a big play, but you hear constant moaning and putting down of the players when they mess up.

The fan that can't take any criticism of their team and will claim that any said fan is not really a fan and should leave the bar. Met a lot of these fans during the Callahan years. I bet their the same fans that cuss whenever his name is mentioned now. <_<

They remind me of the subject Real fan post on here occasionally. :steam

Landlord not saying your that kind of fan but it sounds pretty close to it.

The fan that can't take any criticism of their team and will claim that any said fan is not really a fan and should leave the bar. Met a lot of these fans during the Callahan years. I bet their the same fans that cuss whenever his name is mentioned now. <_<

They remind me of the subject Real fan post on here occasionally. :steam

Landlord not saying your that kind of fan but it sounds pretty close to it.

I don't think I am that kind of fan, but I could be wrong. I am fine with criticism, and I am fine with being criticized myself as long as it's in a healthy matter. An example of what I dislike would be when Ohanlon gave up the 81 yarder to Va Tech, I heard a lot of people around me shouting the likes of "THAT GUY IS SO RETARDED I'M GONNA GO STAB HIM!" and "PELINI IS AN IDIOT TO PUT THAT KID IN IN ANY GAME HE IS THE WORST PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN". Hope that helps clarify.

P.S. - I am far from someone who cusses anytime I hear the name Callahan, in fact I even made a thread called "Good things that Callahan did for our program" or something of the sort.