OT Christian Westerman

chamrocck

Do you really think that "Prom" was the thing stopping him? Im sure they schedule "Prom" just two weeks before the actual event. This was a pathetic excuse IMO. I would have a lot more respect for him if he said "I am not coming up because I gave my verbal committment to Coach Mack Brown and The University of Texas." Instead he has to make up some excuse and take the easy way out. Garbage.

Do you really think that "Prom" was the thing stopping him? Im sure they schedule "Prom" just two weeks before the actual event. This was a pathetic excuse IMO. I would have a lot more respect for him if he said "I am not coming up because I gave my verbal committment to Coach Mack Brown and The University of Texas." Instead he has to make up some excuse and take the easy way out. Garbage.

Settle down, he is 17 years old and didn't want to look bad or hurt anyones feelings. Instead he made himself look bad. He was a long shot anyway. We all knew that, especially you.

Can't win them all, but it would have been nice to make the thing a race and have him visit for the spring game. If I had a dollar for every recruiting story I read where the words 'exceeded my expectations' were used about a Nebraska visit, I'd be wallpapering my house with twenties.

Can't win them all, but it would have been nice to make the thing a race and have him visit for the spring game. If I had a dollar for every recruiting story I read where the words 'exceeded my expectations' were used about a Nebraska visit, I'd be wallpapering my house with twenties.

perhaps that's because going in they don't have that high of expectations for NU in the first place :)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Now for a little humor for us all.

Westerman has left the paradise that is Austin to go to Auborn. His parents, in a released statement, say they honored to be the first recipients of the Cam Newton Ignorance and I know Nuthin' Scholarship. It is a four year waiver for them to attend all Auburn athletic events and is said to be worth upwards of 180k.

Seriously though, he was an out of state guy and they really didn't want him.

My auburn story: told by local sports radio guy who had brother connected to the SEC at some level or another

auburn has 50,000 to spend between two running back recruits coming to town. they were trying to figure out how to get both of them by spliting the money. however one was a 4/5 star type guy and the other was as not high a recruit... so anyways they planned to offer the better RB about 30 grand and the other guy 20 or something... but the RB made it clear he wanted a load of money...... so they broke down and gave him the 50 grand and he commits..... right there

they figured they weren't able to get the second guy who was visiting a week later.... anyways the second guy comes in with his parents and tour the place... auburn is out of there slush fund and have no money for him and dont mention it.... after the weekend the son says he is gonna committ and the staff is shocked... the dad says the son was gonna play for auburn as he found it to be the most honest SEC they had been too and the only one that hand't offered his son money to come and play for them.......

Westerman has left the paradise that is Austin to go to Auborn. His parents, in a released statement, say they honored to be the first recipients of the Cam Newton Ignorance and I know Nuthin' Scholarship. It is a four year waiver for them to attend all Auburn athletic events and is said to be worth upwards of 180k.

My auburn story: told by local sports radio guy who had brother connected to the SEC at some level or another

auburn has 50,000 to spend between two running back recruits coming to town. they were trying to figure out how to get both of them by spliting the money. however one was a 4/5 star type guy and the other was as not high a recruit... so anyways they planned to offer the better RB about 30 grand and the other guy 20 or something... but the RB made it clear he wanted a load of money...... so they broke down and gave him the 50 grand and he commits..... right there

they figured they weren't able to get the second guy who was visiting a week later.... anyways the second guy comes in with his parents and tour the place... auburn is out of there slush fund and have no money for him and dont mention it.... after the weekend the son says he is gonna committ and the staff is shocked... the dad says the son was gonna play for auburn as he found it to be the most honest SEC they had been too and the only one that hand't offered his son money to come and play for them.......

please tell these are sarcastic or that they are clever jokes

guy on the radio told it as if gosple and swore it as truth.....

I stand by my claim that I had no prior acknowledgemnt that my parents were involved in a post for pay scheme with HuskerBoard.

And it is all BS except the fact that Westerman is not from Texas and is now going to Auburn