Does BO need to get more involved with the offense?

TheKiD

I think he should learn as much from T.O. as he can and ask for T.O.'s input on O-line coaching. Bo made mention of it last year when a few times T.O. would check in and comment on this or that of the team. Perhaps he should take a few lines from T.O.'s play book and get the O-line up to speed.

It's not that our offense couldn't be great, but the throw first crap and mediocre run game due to an Oline that doesn't block well needs to be fixed before the trophy case can be expanded.

I don't know.. to me he is the head coach and as such is responsible for both sides of the ball. People have much praise for Watson.. but to me he's been very inconsistent.

The defense has established its identity. It's time the offense does as well, ultimately that falls on BO.

I am worried about Bo's lack of involvment on the offensive side. I know that all is well and good now, but what happens when Wats leaves, and we all now he will at some point probably sooner than later. If Bo doesnt really pay attention and Wats leaves will he know what kind of personel he has to work with and what kind of OC he needs to make the pieces work. I dont want to go through another version of BC trying to take square pegs and make them fit into round holes.

Quick question for all those concerned about our offense: is the concern because of the game against Mizzou, or is it concern because of the VT and Mizzou games? Back in the 80's, I went to my first Husker game. The game was against KState, and I believe it still holds the record for the most snow ever during a Husker game in Lincoln. KState as usual for them during that period was horrible. However, we really didn't beat them that bad or score a ton of points. Weather can be an equalizer. Bud Foster didn't forget how to coach defense. Blacksburg is one of the toughest places to play. VT is ranked pretty high. If these two games are the root of everyones worries, I think we hold judgement back until we get a tad bit deeper into the Big 12 season. From my vantage point, the only thing the offense is lacking is a definite leader. I think as the year goes along Lee will get a firmer grip.

I'm not seeing a clear identity with this offense. It seems every game we see an entirely different offense and an entirely different focus.

Say what you want but i did like BC's attitude of "we take what we want" vs. the attitude now of "we take what they give us".

What do we do when they don't give us anything? We get the VT and MU games.

Bo has said from the beginning that he will offer advice or suggestions to Watson, but he is not going to be overly involved.

When you look at the MU game, it was Bo and Wats who were responsible for the great play in th 4th quarter. Bo threatened the starters by playing the back ups early in the second quarter, and low and behold the offense got the message and started to produce.

I'm not seeing a clear identity with this offense. It seems every game we see an entirely different offense and an entirely different focus.

Say what you want but i did like BC's attitude of "we take what we want" vs. the attitude now of "we take what they give us".

You're not just channeling the Shatel article, are you? Weird how this comes up the same day Shatel writes about our offense's lack of identity. Same phrases and everything.

You're not just channeling the Shatel article, are you? Weird how this comes up the same day Shatel writes about our offense's lack of identity. Same phrases and everything.

link article? haven't seen it. but maybe there's a reason making the same points?