Offense Ranting HERE

rkhufu7

Offense is to complex to learn for a freshman and it should be WVized, more option zone reads and such and a FB needs to be added to run the ball like SC does and NU did in the past.

More zone reads? Are you f'ing kidding me? We ran that damn play at least 20 times! Any defense can stop you when you have all of two running plays in your arsenal.

I have defended Watson on many, many occasions, But this is the final straw. We made that Tech D look like all-americans! If the coaching staff can't see that the rest of the league has figured out the 6 plays we run out of the 5 different formations we're using, then I fear for just how much worse this season can get.

Big 12 title game...............not with this playbook! <_<

What EXACTLY so you want Watson to do? Ask MORE of Zac Lee who can't execute in the first place?

Ask MORE of our wide receivers, who drop everything in the first place?

ask MORE of the Oline blocking schemes when they get penalty after penalty to ruin drives?

The majority of our offensive woes are from poor execution, missed opportunities, mental errors, and penalties. Yes the play-calling is somewhat subject at times, and it is an issue that needs to be discussed. But no play will succeed when your execution is that poor.

:yeah

If they can't execute the plays being called, why call more that they won't execute.

isn't it the job of the coaching staff to make sure their is no "poor execution, missed opportunities, mental errors, and penalties"

i hope helu is still sick otherwise it just means watson has no clue what hes doing. we rarely run. when we do run, its always from the shotgun. pound the rock. we dont need to trick teams. this will improve quarterback play immensely. when we do pass. give the ball to mike mcneill. he catches the ball. he is good. finally, i was as big of a zac lee supporter as anyone. its time to start cody. if nothing else, just because it gives hope for the future.

Watson... one tough loss is not going make him lose his job. C'mon, they sky is not falling, this is not panic mode, TT was ready to play and obviously NU was not, still half the season left to play. :bang:bang

one tough loss? how about va tech and the piss-poor offensive performance for three quarters against misery.

Fire the whole Offensive staff then, play all true freshman and the scout team, what the hell! Lets just pack it up lose the rest of the games and let Bo fire everyone and lets start this mess all over again! :sarcasm

On behalf of the 2001 Boone Central State Championship team I would like to sincerely apologize to Cornhusker fans everywhere. We won that championship on a couple of very lucky plays and ever since then Nebraska football has gone to heck. We took the magic out of Memorial Stadium and it has yet to come back.

Our first steps to recovery is an offensive make over.

Thanks for reading.

I remember a few years ago when we had that and were jealous/salivating over everyone else's zone-read options. Grass is always greener...

It comes down to execution, in the end. And when we have O-line play like that, nothing else is gonna happen. I think it starts with the O-line play. These guys need some DISCIPLINE and some INTENSITY. They're playing with no fire, making STUPID MISTAKES (i'm lookin' at you, ricky), and getting flagged repeatedly for false starts. What is the deal, Mr. Barney Cotton?

What EXACTLY so you want Watson to do? Ask MORE of Zac Lee who can't execute in the first place?

Ask MORE of our wide receivers, who drop everything in the first place?

ask MORE of the Oline blocking schemes when they get penalty after penalty to ruin drives?

The majority of our offensive woes are from poor execution, missed opportunities, mental errors, and penalties. Yes the play-calling is somewhat subject at times, and it is an issue that needs to be discussed. But no play will succeed when your execution is that poor.

:yeah

If they can't execute the plays being called, why call more that they won't execute.

isn't it the job of the coaching staff to make sure their is no "poor execution, missed opportunities, mental errors, and penalties"

of course, what else is a coaches job, but they still don't put on the pads, but Lee is the only player that should be blamed along with the coaches right? <_<

It's almost impossible to have an OLine that excels at both run and pass blocking. Asking our OLine to perform both equally only marginalizes its performance at both.

This "balanced" offense is bad choice. We need to excel at one or the other (not both!!) as it simply is not realistic.

TO's offense was superb for decades because it recuited and developed its Oline to excel at "one" function. We need to do the same.....