Zack Lee or Cody Green

Lee may be faster with straight forward speed, but Green looks alot quicker when on the field.

I still think we should start Green because then the zone read would actually be a threat. In my opinion, that's one play we should hang our hat on the rest of the year. Although, knowing Watson, he will run it once and if it doesn't net 10+ yards, he will totally abandon it.

Get Callahan Version 2.0 out of there!

So true

I am sure this has been said before, but I am not going through all of these pages to read if it has. But we can sit here and watch Zlee make mistakes and have the offense look like crap or we can put CG in watch the offense sputter and look like crap but atleast build for the future. It hurts for me to say this because I was a huge Zlee fan but the future is now, time for Green to start.

Cody Green. Without a doubt.

He shows the following

Confidence, determination, accuracy, strong arm, short memory, not intimidated, big play swagger, agility, sure handedness, the ability to keep making plays while facing adversity, footwork, speed, elusiveness.

It's time that we stop talking about Mr. Green as the future of Nebraska and make him the PRESENT.

As far as I'm concerned Zac Lee has one thing going for him that outdoes Cody Green, knowledge of the playbook and sometimes the best way to learn is under pressure.

Put in Green and let him learn the offense as he goes. Baptism under fire!

Go Big Red!

I'm new to the board but, I'm not new to Husker football. Not new to football, either.

Now, I'm just a gal in her 40's playing some tackle football (yes, there is tackle football for women). I've never been a coach or anything but, I gotta ask if anybody else is noticing the same things I am...

Prior posts have said a few things. I'll just give ya what I see and y'all can add what I've missed.

1. Wrong offensive philosophy. We made our bones on smash mouth-power football. Plenty of peeps have commented on this one...

2. Terrible play calling. Why, after it's been proven ineffective, do you continue to run anything moving east and west? Last time I checked the goal posts were north and south. Shot gun on goal to go...

3. Wide outs not recognizing the defensive formations (man to man, zone, cover two, various blitz packages)

4. Acting accordingly. For instance: 3 WO set ---X,Y & Z notice the defense is in a zone package. Knowing they cannot run EXACT routes they must run where the defense isn't (seam). I've seen way too many Husker receivers literally RUN INTO a defender while running routes. Here's a hint...run between the dudes from the other school. If it's man to man get into proper position and go toward the pass slightly...don't wait for the pass to get to you or the defender will step smooth in front of ya. Or, if it's a deep sideline route keep the defender behind and to the inside. Let the QB float the pigskin over ure outside shoulder. As for blitzes, WIDE OUT 101 ALERT: if the defense shows blitz RUN A QUICK ROUTE! Any where will do...preferrably quick slants inside at various levels would be nice. A quick post if you please.

5. Receivers allowing the defender to get in position to disrupt the pass. Any dingle knows on short routes you can never let a defender get between YOU & the QB. Be aggressive! How many times does a WO need to be told to adjust his speed to the pass? If you're going deep don't stop and turn around...you let the defender get between you and the ball. If the ball is too short run slightly to the side of the pass then at the last second pivot and go TOWARDS to ball. The defender will more than likely be watching YOU not the ball. By waiting til the last second he is unable to react in time. If you can't get to the ball perhaps you can get a pass interference call (impeding players ability to get to the ball or face garding). His head will still be towards you...he'll have no clue. Reacting too soon allows the defender to turn their head to find the ball.

6. WO's not comming back to the QB when he is in trouble. When your QB is throwing out may days work you way back to him. You can tell when you need to do this by watching the defensive cues. It basically starts looking like a basketball game out there. Just go to the QB and find open air.

7. Running sloppy routes. Ya gotta be crisp and quick. Also, even if you're not the primary receiver ACT like you are. Good defenses make it their bread and butter reading the body language of receivers.

8. Be ready to catch the ball. Is it me or do some of our players look like they are surprised when a pass is there to catch or they don't adjust to the pass because it may be a little off?

9. WO's lazy with blocking assignments.

10. QB's (Lee) inability to step up in the pocket when pressure is collapsing the pocket peripherally. Cody Green felt the pressure and stepped up a bit...all the while maintaining target searches downfield. If Lee hasn't figured that out before now, perhaps he should trade his helmet in for a glove and a bat. You know, his first love.

11. Ban all cameras from the sideline. I find it amazing Mr. Lee can't find an open receiver to connect with but, he sure can find the camera and mug for it.

12. Ban Zack Lee from any offensive formation. I'm with the majority of the people in this forum...and Husker Nation. Cody Green not only showed poise and leadership on the field he produced results. Yes he had a pick...but, he gave me some hope though. He stood tall, surveyed the defense prior to the snap. He looked at the whole field AND he had a very quick release! Kinda reminded me of Dan Marino...just a little. Play Green. If not for this year definitely, for the future of our program.

13. Stop the penalty madness. Look, I played the O line....false starts are a lack of self-discipline. Well, all penalties pretty much are.

And one for the defense....

1. Make them catch at least 20 balls a day. Get their hands and minds prepared for the chance to intercept the flying pig & used to catching it.

1 1/2. See #13.

Well, I'll leave the rest for later...there's more but, I'm tired and need some shut eye.

Again, I'm sure I've just repeated what others have said. dedhoarse

Just thought I'd put my thoughts down. Seriously, if a 44 year old woman can see this stuff you KNOW BO saw it. We know the whole world did.

I just loved how Coach P got into his coaches butts about the play calling and such. He let the refs hear it regarding the blown calls/no calls.

FIRE IN THE HOLE! :steam

peace out

Just got back to the States and after skimming over this thread, it looks like my thoughts reflect the majority here. Zac Lee needs to go. It pains me to say this because I was a very big Zac Lee supporter, but the guy has played in 3 big games and has looked awful in all 3 (aside from a 4th quarter in Columbia). He does not look comfortable in the pocket, he is not accurate, he is not mobile, he doesn't make good decisions (like consistently throwing short routes on 3rd and long, taking tons of sacks, etc.).

When Cody Green came in the game he looked very poised, showed pocket presence (which was a nice change of pace) and showed that he has a big arm.

I say it's time for a change and can't wait for this weekend.

GBR.

zach lee is the worst quarterback in the history of college football at telegraphing passes. its a joke. the first place he looks is where he is going to throw. that is why all the recievers look suprised when they get it thrown their way. he sucks and looks scared in the pocket.

Cody Green made it look easy by just taking a step into the pocket. he is inexperienced and half of his balls float, but least he throwns the dang ball!!

zach lee is the worst quarterback in the history of college football at telegraphing passes. its a joke. the first place he looks is where he is going to throw. that is why all the recievers look suprised when they get it thrown their way. he sucks and looks scared in the pocket.

Cody Green made it look easy by just taking a step into the pocket. he is inexperienced and half of his balls float, but least he throwns the dang ball!!

And the one thing I really like about Green is that he throws the ball.

At this point maybe a shake up in Green getting nod would be a good thing. However the o-line has got to give him, Lee, or anybody else enough time to read the receivers and get the ball to them.

I am a Cody Green fan. I can't wait for him to start, but think about what we are saying. Bo sees these kids every day at practice and we have trusted his opinion and praised his ability to coach. Maybe Lee is how best chance or, God forbid, maybe Bo knows more than we do?

I think Green needs to start and we need to design some running plays with this dude. With Zac we've become too dependent on his arm and decision making and even his running ability. For some reason we always have Lee run the ball at least 5 times a game and it seems that he never gets more than a couple yards. If we're going to do this, put Green in the game. Plain and simple we need to run the ball more on offense and use Green in that attack. Even against a good defense like VT, we still put a ton of yards on the ground. It seems like the offense does decent when we run on first and second down. We are terrible and predictable when we have to pass. I hope this week the qb job goes to Green. At this point, this is the only change that will yield some type of hope and optimism for the team. If he does bad, we can go back to Lee, but for the time being, start Cody Green!!!