Zac Lee's 16 completions

JTrain

Of Lee's 16 completions, 2 went for more than 10 yards. One was a 27 yard screen pass to Helu, the other a 26 yard completion to Brooks on a 10 yard curl route... both on Lee's lone scoring drive.

Here is how far the ball traveled vertically on his 16 completions (in other words, how far downfield the receiver was when he made the catch)

4 yards

10 yards

1 yard

0 yards

-2 yards (RB screen)

11 yards

6 yards

4 yards

5 yards

-2 yards (WR screen)

-3 yards (WR screen)

3 yards

-2 yards (WR screen)

0 yards

3 yards

-1 yard (on 3rd and Goal from the 15)

This is astonishing to me. Obviously it's a combination of Watson having lost confidence in Lee to some degree, and Lee just not being able to pull the trigger on anything but short, simple routes like curls and dump-offs to the backs. His average completion is being caught 2.3 yards past the line of scrimmage! :wacko: We're taking the dink and dunk passing game to a whole new level...

The line played poorly, but there were plenty of times they blocked enough for a five-step drop and a three-second read. But the QB has to make his read and have the confidence to pull the trigger. Lee wasn't seeing the field, so he would either end up getting sacked or dumping it to the back.

Or the receivers weren't being open. Either way, eye-popping stats.

Yes, great stats. I know Cody had a 'strike' dropped that would have gone for a long way but didn't Zac have one too?

I felt the number of times Lee got tagged early due to lack of protection sped the clock in his head so he was getting off his reads a 1/2 to a full second faster before he dumped it off of threw it away.

One solution to this is to go downfield earlier in the game...the other solution is obvious and it is the beef lined up in front of him.

I'm a Zac supporter yet Cody did look more comfortable in the pocket. But we did give up 5 sacks plus the hurries and hits after the ball was released.

I'm a Zac supporter yet Cody did look more comfortable in the pocket. But we did give up 5 sacks plus the hurries and hits after the ball was released.

cody had *zero* fear of airing it out and was slingin' it like farve.

kid will be a gamer when he learns some control. should be real interesting this week.

I wonder how much of it is confidence in our o line not being able to block for a 5 or 7 step drop.

I am tired of hearing this crap part of being a QB is having a instinct for the defense and be able to roll out of the pocket, or run the ball, NOT TAKE SACKS! Conversly, was what we say Cody do a few times when he was in the game! I mean how many sacks did Green give up in how many minutes compared to Lee? What was the per capita average? Face it Witt was better than Lee! Hell put Martinez in or an injured Spano for all I care. Lee has proven to be unproven! :thumbs

Or the receivers weren't being open. Either way, eye-popping stats.

There were quite a few time the receivers were open either down the middle or coming across but for whatever reason, Zac didn't throw it their way. On one instance, the receiver didn't have anyone covering him within 10yds <_< Lee didn't look comfortable at all. Not sure if it's the O-line, his ability (or lack thereof) or a combination of both. Whatever the case, Green looked more comfortable and as mentioned, wasn't afraid to air it out.

Of Lee's 16 completions, 2 went for more than 10 yards. One was a 27 yard screen pass to Helu, the other a 26 yard completion to Brooks on a 10 yard curl route... both on Lee's lone scoring drive.

Here is how far the ball traveled vertically on his 16 completions (in other words, how far downfield the receiver was when he made the catch)

4 yards

10 yards

1 yard

0 yards

-2 yards (RB screen)

11 yards

6 yards

4 yards

5 yards

-2 yards (WR screen)

-3 yards (WR screen)

3 yards

-2 yards (WR screen)

0 yards

3 yards

-1 yard (on 3rd and Goal from the 15)

This is astonishing to me. Obviously it's a combination of Watson having lost confidence in Lee to some degree, and Lee just not being able to pull the trigger on anything but short, simple routes like curls and dump-offs to the backs. His average completion is being caught 2.3 yards past the line of scrimmage! :wacko: We're taking the dink and dunk passing game to a whole new level...

That is what i call Sam Kelleresk. Allegedly had the rep for being a gun slinger with a big arm, but instead we got an immobile statue that had no confidence in his arm, which ironically got him hurt.

He has to run the plays given to him....

That being said... there is virtually no line to protect him... they have cotton balls

Green has the size and speed to help this situation, as long as he has some blocks and yes, the only pass I saw in the endzone that was catchable was from Green.

Sad Day!

Does throwing the ball downfield more yield any better results when the WR drops the ball? I always thought the most fundamental part of a game meant WR's could catch the ball, QB's could throw and run the ball, RB's could run the ball, and defenders could tackle. How in the heck to WR's make it to D1 ball without being able to catch the rock?