This Is Such A Classic Trap Game

Nebraska will be fired up and focused for this game. The team won't overlook the Cyclones. As far as a blowout...that will be determined by the defense. If the blackshirts create turnovers and the offense starts to click, and I mean even just a little bit, this game will get out of hand very quickly.

Why? Easy...at this point, it seems that the only thing that is going to placate the Husker fanbase is a total blow out of Iowa State this weekend.

At the beginning of the season, ISU was automatically marked at a W on the season tally sheet. Everyone was very (perhaps over) confident that the Clones from Ames would come over to Lincoln to roll over and play dead just like they have every other year since 1977.

Now, there has been a minor bump in the road and fans seem to be getting a bit frustrated. They want their Huskers back as a dominating force and they want it NOW. And in walks the Cyclones.

What the fans are demanding is a total blow out of the Clones. They don't want to eeke out a 7 point win...they don't want something close. They want a slaughter! I know the players and the coaches are hearing that every day...don't just beat em...kill em!

Huskers win? Who cares...they were destined to win anyway

Huskers lose? Pandemonium!

Nope...it's got to be a blowout. Players are going to be pressing...mistakes will be magnified...players will be getting hurt trying to go that extra mile to post 60-70 points up on the board.

Cyclone fans...heck, we'd like to win it. Our players are going to try to win it but with a new coach and most of the cards stacked against them...it's not going to kill them or the fans if they don't win it. But, if Nebraska doesn't win it...and win it big...it might actually kill a few people.

Pressure is on these Husker kids...try to take it easy on em. Makes the game more enjoyable for all of them.

Sorry last week was the trap game after the big missouri win

Yeah this game definitely has that classic "just got our arses kicked at home with massive road trip at Baylor looming next week trap game" written all over it.

:wtf

Cy, you don't need the Huskers to overlook you to steal a win in Lincoln. All you need to do is put together one or two big plays on special teams, hold on to the football, and play sound defense against a bad offensive football team.

Cy, i was at the NU/ISU game when they lost in ames. I know how sometimes nebraska can overlook isu. Isu for the most part cant seem to do much. But when they get there sit together, look out. We might be overconfident in this game. If we can get our heads out of our asses long enough. We should win, but lord knows weve lost enough records. Maybe one more is on the books to go.

We lost that game because I was passed out drunk on one of the hills, vomitting my guts up. It would have been embarassing, if I remembered any of it... but we lost, and I felt better after a couple of days.

If there's one thing we know about Pelini-coached teams, it's that they bounce back extremely well after tough losses. I expect nothing but the same this Saturday. That doesn't mean it'll be a blowout, but it does mean the team won't come out expecting ISU to lay down or looking weeks ahead to OU.

There is no way in hell that this game can be considered a trap.

Regardless of which side of the fence you are on regarding the booing, Neb stunk up their home stadium last Saturday.

It's pretty safe to say that this resembled Bo this week http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c (or least it better have!! NOTE: NSFW).

Unless this Neb team is in deep, deep trouble-they are going to unleash the wrath of hell on ISU.

who wants to lay the spread of 18 points! No qb and we are favored by 18?

I'll take the points. If last week was any indication...the Huskers will be hard pressed to score 18 points.

:dumdum:dumdum

people have lost their minds... we scored 27 in a quater against an MU team that is FAR superiour to ISU. could you guys win? sure. but I think we cover the spread easily

Why? Easy...at this point, it seems that the only thing that is going to placate the Husker fanbase is a total blow out of Iowa State this weekend.

At the beginning of the season, ISU was automatically marked at a W on the season tally sheet. Everyone was very (perhaps over) confident that the Clones from Ames would come over to Lincoln to roll over and play dead just like they have every other year since 1977.

Now, there has been a minor bump in the road and fans seem to be getting a bit frustrated. They want their Huskers back as a dominating force and they want it NOW. And in walks the Cyclones.

What the fans are demanding is a total blow out of the Clones. They don't want to eeke out a 7 point win...they don't want something close. They want a slaughter! I know the players and the coaches are hearing that every day...don't just beat em...kill em!

Huskers win? Who cares...they were destined to win anyway

Huskers lose? Pandemonium!

Nope...it's got to be a blowout. Players are going to be pressing...mistakes will be magnified...players will be getting hurt trying to go that extra mile to post 60-70 points up on the board.

Cyclone fans...heck, we'd like to win it. Our players are going to try to win it but with a new coach and most of the cards stacked against them...it's not going to kill them or the fans if they don't win it. But, if Nebraska doesn't win it...and win it big...it might actually kill a few people.

Pressure is on these Husker kids...try to take it easy on em. Makes the game more enjoyable for all of them.

I haven't been here long, but from my experience all of your posts look exactly like this. Basically this amounts to "No, seriously guys. Iowa St. is good, I swear. No really..." and "The newly mediocre Cyclones will give the Huskers a run for their money, you just watch. I'm ignoring the fact that the 'Clones might have to face a different quarterback than they've seen from Nebraska all year. Even though he is a true dual-threat and a huge threat, I'm going to ignore that and keep saying things about Nebraska that show that I am no more than a somewhat-ignorant casual fan who likes to take the occasional stroll around an opponents forum. Things like 'Nebraska has no leg to stand on at this point', adding extreme melodrama with statements like 'Players are going to be pressing...mistakes will be magnified...players will be getting hurt trying to go that extra mile to post 60-70 points up on the board.' If that's not enough, I've got a few condescending impressions of husker fans and their 'thirst for blood' up my sleeve, just to instigate the poo-flinging."

Classy.