This Is Such A Classic Trap Game

Why? Easy...at this point, it seems that the only thing that is going to placate the Husker fanbase is a total blow out of Iowa State this weekend.

At the beginning of the season, ISU was automatically marked at a W on the season tally sheet. Everyone was very (perhaps over) confident that the Clones from Ames would come over to Lincoln to roll over and play dead just like they have every other year since 1977.

Now, there has been a minor bump in the road and fans seem to be getting a bit frustrated. They want their Huskers back as a dominating force and they want it NOW. And in walks the Cyclones.

What the fans are demanding is a total blow out of the Clones. They don't want to eeke out a 7 point win...they don't want something close. They want a slaughter! I know the players and the coaches are hearing that every day...don't just beat em...kill em!

Huskers win? Who cares...they were destined to win anyway

Huskers lose? Pandemonium!

Nope...it's got to be a blowout. Players are going to be pressing...mistakes will be magnified...players will be getting hurt trying to go that extra mile to post 60-70 points up on the board.

Cyclone fans...heck, we'd like to win it. Our players are going to try to win it but with a new coach and most of the cards stacked against them...it's not going to kill them or the fans if they don't win it. But, if Nebraska doesn't win it...and win it big...it might actually kill a few people.

Pressure is on these Husker kids...try to take it easy on em. Makes the game more enjoyable for all of them.

I dont think this week is a trap game, there isnt anything to look ahead to, especially coming off an embarrassing loss at home. Last week was a trap game, coming off a win in Missery thinking if we get through TTech we will be a one loss team with OU coming to town. Now we took a stupid loss and we will come out with something to prove. This game will have the players full attention.

Cy, i was at the NU/ISU game when they lost in ames. I know how sometimes nebraska can overlook isu. Isu for the most part cant seem to do much. But when they get there sit together, look out. We might be overconfident in this game. If we can get our heads out of our asses long enough. We should win, but lord knows weve lost enough records. Maybe one more is on the books to go.

Cy, i was at the NU/ISU game when they lost in ames. I know how sometimes nebraska can overlook isu. Isu for the most part cant seem to do much. But when they get there sit together, look out. We might be overconfident in this game. If we can get our heads out of our asses long enough. We should win, but lord knows weve lost enough records. Maybe one more is on the books to go.

This is the problem. We look at ourselves as this still great program that just needs a tweak or two to return to the top. We could do ourselves a world of good by approaching each game as one that would be great to win. We are too damn proud to enjoy, let alone celebrate a win over Iowa State or Baylor. I see this as a big part of the reason we never beat anyone that we shouldn't. We have a long streak of not beating ranked teams, because we expect it's going to happen. I don't quite understand how this makes it into the player's heads, but we as a fan base probably have something to do with it. If our attitude trickles down through student interaction or the media, the players aren't going to see anything but a win over OU or UT as special. You can be damn sure ISU will be fired up at the chance to beat us. I don't think the Huskers blood will be pumping at quite the same rate. We need a bit of the underdog attitude.