This season is a Nightmare

Apathy

I am being honest in that I don't have a favorite team. I enjoyed watching Purdue knock off Ohio State. The Iowa/MSU game on Saturday night was EPIC. I like Colt McCoy and think he's one of the most level-headed and polite players in college football. I don't root for Texas or anyone else.

The one thing that I do enjoy is when Nebraska fans get a heavy dose of reality so the people around my office can stop pounding their chests about how "great" Nebraska is only to get disappointed on Saturdays.

I do not live alone and I do not have any pets.

Oh, and knapplc, if you go around registering at other forums to comment on other teams you are just as guilty as me. The only difference is I will never post personal info here so you can ask all you want and you will never get a response.

Say that I never played all you want. I did. You're thinking about it, not me.

Call me a "retard" or claim that I "hoard cats" and "live alone." I'm not and I don't. You're thinking about it, not me.

I won't stoop to your level. I'll let you stay there.

Wow. Looks like we struck a nerve...

It's cool, man...we don't care if you are a 'cat person.'

To each his own.

And let me add this: I don't care if I hurt your feelings by questioning your credibility. You're a troll, and all of your posts support that fact.

So, you may as well stop giving us all your 'baww, I never got personal,' and 'baww, I DID play college football' drivel.

You didn't play college football, and you own 35 felines.

Cheers.

P.S., H8ter? Is that you?

Between letting you add this and the P.S., do you have anything else for me? Feel free to add whatever you like. I will not confine you to 200 characters per post.

I did play college football and do NOT own any felines.

Who's H8ter?

Keep following weaklings.

Do you play PS3 or Xbox? <_<

And from what I hear it's quite common to go from playing college football to trolling on internet message boards and living vicariously through Iowa State. Good work, guy...keep it coming. :laughpound

No, I do not play video games. The last video game that I played was Madden 97 on Sega Genesis about 12 years ago.

Smilies are weak.

Keep following weaklings.

So you go from playing college football to trolling message boards and living vicariously through Iowa State? What a fall from grace...

Are you Ryan Leaf or Chase Daniel?...can't quite put my finger on it yet.

BTW, IBTL.

post-5728-1256577712.jpg

Not quite as big of a fall from grace as...

YOUR NEBRASKA FOOTBALL PROGRAM!

Uh oh.

I'll continue to live vicariously through Iowa State, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, etc. All of which have beater Nebraska the last time they played.

Nope. You're not trolling at all...just offering a "refreshing" view on things.

Our moderators must be on vacation.

If by "refreshing" you mean "doucher", then yes, very refreshing.

I disagree with the poster. Our Defense is championship Caliber. A far cry from 2 years ago. We have competed in every game this year except Texas Tech, but even then our guys showed some heart. Yes the offense is struggling and it is clear that something needs to be done.

We all had some thoughtful expectations for this year and those were even more concreted by how we started out our first 4 games.

The season isn't over, we can win out, anything is possible when you live in the Big 12.

GBR

If you can't handle his posts then just don't respond... Talk about "4 year old girls"

As for the actual topic, I'm flabbergasted right now. Nebraska just LOVES to give games away. No other team in the country does sh.t like this. I don't get it at all. We have talent but I guess the pressure just gets to them. They have to find away to give the game away. I can't say I've ever seen a worse team take the field last Saturday. It looks like we might be headed for another '07 because our offense is as bad as our D was in '07.

At the beginning of the season, I expected the offense to struggle. Lee was going to be the starter, and he had almost zero D1 experience. Plus, he was the third stringer last year. Castille got the boot which really didn't help booster my confidence. However, in all my wildest dreams I never expected 8 turnovers in one game or being in the red zone against TT and not scoring a point. I never thought there was even a chance of losing at home to Iowa State. I thought we'd probably lose to VT, OU, KU, and possibly another game. Never did I fear not making a bowl game. I hadn't hit the panic button even after the TT game. I've now hit the panic buttom and am now just hoping to squeak by two more teams making us bowl eligible.

If you can't handle his posts then just don't respond... Talk about "4 year old girls"

As for the actual topic, I'm flabbergasted right now. Nebraska just LOVES to give games away. No other team in the country does sh.t like this. I don't get it at all. We have talent but I guess the pressure just gets to them. They have to find away to give the game away. I can't say I've ever seen a worse team take the field last Saturday. It looks like we might be headed for another '07 because our offense is as bad as our D was in '07.

Which is it? You're advocating ceding the board to a troll in your first line, then you're filled with angst over Nebraska ceding the game to ISU, TT and others in the next paragraph.

Defending your home field doesn't just apply to football.

PS - thanks for continuing to pay so much attention to my posts. Quoting me was priceless. :thumbs

At the beginning of the season, I expected the offense to struggle. Lee was going to be the starter, and he had almost zero D1 experience. Plus, he was the third stringer last year. Castille got the boot which really didn't help booster my confidence. However, in all my wildest dreams I never expected 8 turnovers in one game or being in the red zone against TT and not scoring a point. I never thought there was even a chance of losing at home to Iowa State. I thought we'd probably lose to VT, OU, KU, and possibly another game. Never did I fear not making a bowl game. I hadn't hit the panic button even after the TT game. I've now hit the panic buttom and am now just hoping to squeak by two more teams making us bowl eligible.

Yeah. What he said.

In addition...

MODERATORS, seriously, why have you not banished this Reality Check clown yet? You gave me a warning for using the word "jerk" one time. This person is here just to bother people. Please do something. I don't come to this board to read the same trite complaints about Nebraska fans over and over again, in EVERY thread.

MODERATORS, seriously, why have you not banished this Reality Check clown yet? You gave me a warning for using the word "jerk" one time. This person is here just to bother people. Please do something. I don't come to this board to read the same trite complaints about Nebraska fans over and over again, in EVERY thread.

The one Mod who even pretended to notice this guy instead just made a joke about being "asleep at the wheel."

I wrote AR about this. I'd at least like an explanation for why we're subjected to this kind of harassment.

Husker fans the thread title explains it all. After the Clemson victory in the Gator Bowl and all of the hype and talk with the Lee and landing Cody Green and Rex Burkhead, it was almost destined to be a really good year with high expectations and high hopes.

With the way this team has played against tougher opponents and the way this Offense wants to play football on Saturdays if you even want to call it Football, this season has seemed like a nightmare. Freakin Iowa is #4 in the BCS and Iowa State beat us on our home field and now our Offense doesn't even want to catch, hold on to, and run the ball who can't score TD's.

At this point I rather have a midget use my ball sack as a punching bag than watching our Offense play on National TV and play like dog poo.

Wow HJ, THAT is an odd request... Hmmmm. I don't think I'd go that far... But why a midget? Could it be just someone under 5'2"...? Hey, you're right. Yes, we, as fans, are feeling pretty down and low about our season to this point, but maybe we should just accept the inevitable and get behind these kids, win or lose... I guarantee that they are TRYING to win. Making mistakes? Yes, obviously. Personally, I can see us losing every game here on out... but you KNOW AS FANS we'll hold the hope, yell and scream, swear, crush mufflers, beat our knees, throw heavy stuff and STILL proclaim our fan-dom! I think we have a mixture on offense that is not complimenting our talents, but exploiting our weaknesses. Sometimes, you just can't do NUTHIN' to improve that. Last year, we got better and better each game, this year... not so much. But, we have GOT to support these guys playing for us. You gotta be a fan, win or lose... I'm not saying you're giving up the ghost, and believe me, I feel your pain, but I think this worm COULD turn. Now, you stay away from that teste-slappin' midget fetish and you'll likely save yourself a BUCKET of pain... Go BIG Red!!!!

In defense of the MODS, I don't think any rules have really been broken have they? I see this guy as more of a Socrates as anything else. He's just trying to get under people's skin, and it appears he's succeeding.

Straight from the Board's rules....

#1 - No Flaming/Trolling/Defamatory posts

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed – it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed – if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone – then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

Any defamatory posts made against HuskerBoard, its representatives, or any other member may result in an immediate ban or temporary account disablement.

That should about cover the "no rules broken" argument. It is, ironically, rule #1.

Which is it? You're advocating ceding the board to a troll in your first line, then you're filled with angst over Nebraska ceding the game to ISU, TT and others in the next paragraph.

Defending your home field doesn't just apply to football.

PS - thanks for continuing to pay so much attention to my posts. Quoting me was priceless. :thumbs

If you refer to your favorite online message board as "home field," you have bigger issues than disputing what I or anyone else says on here.

This season is an absolute WORST case scenario for Husker fans. Bo Pelini was brought in to "restore the order" and bring Nebraska back to competing year in and year out for a Big XII championship. The loss to Iowa State may be the biggest set-back to the Nebraska football program EVER.

The fact is that this is the coach Nebraska fans implored the program to hire. This is "their" guy. If he doesn't work, then what?

Nebraska can't finish 7-5 or even 8-4 every year. It's flat out unacceptable. With the world of college football the way it is now-a-days, many teams...whether it's Oklahoma, Texas, USC, or Miami...will go through these cycles. Being a national championship contender one year is great, but to do it year in and year out is incredible.

Unfortunately, many people around here are still holding on to expectations from the mid-90's when Nebraska stomped Iowa State and won National Championships.

Maybe your expectations are in need of an adjustment, not necessarily this talent-less (sans Ndomukong Suh) football team.

In defense of the MODS, I don't think any rules have really been broken have they? I see this guy as more of a Socrates as anything else. He's just trying to get under people's skin, and it appears he's succeeding.

Straight from the Board's rules....

#1 - No Flaming/Trolling/Defamatory posts

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed – it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed – if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone – then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

Any defamatory posts made against HuskerBoard, its representatives, or any other member may result in an immediate ban or temporary account disablement.

That should about cover the "no rules broken" argument. It is, ironically, rule #1.

The only negative response is from In the Deed the Glory and knapplc.

I'm not trying to drum up negative responses. Some just don't want to hear my point of view about the state of Husker football. There is an "Ignore" function.