Baylor predictions

brentNE

Do you realize how close we were to putting 35+ up on ISU? Did you watch the game?

FYI-We turned the ball over FOUR times inside their 6 yard line.

(Note: Anyone who fumbles Saturday should be benched for the rest of the game. If they aren't, and they fumble a second time, they ought to be taken out in the parking lot & shot in the head).

Cody Green gets the start rushes for 100 yards and passes for 250 yards with 2 touchdowns. He does throw 2 interceptions but people just blame it on being a freshman and they let it slide this time. He gains most of his yards running zone reads and throwing dink and dunk passes and the Nation starts asking where these offensive plays have been all year. Robinson rushes for 150 yards with 2 touchdowns and people start talking about how he is better then Helu and should start the rest of the season. Paul has another 100 yard receiving game and returns a punt for a touchdown but people only talk about the one pass that he dropped. Cooper scores a TD as does McNeil. The OL has its best game to date and Ricky Henry makes it through his 2nd straight game without a penalty. Alex Henrey adds two field goals and the defense holds Baylor to 220 yards and 3 points.

NU – 41

BU – 3

After the game Huskerboard is bombarded with 1,000,000 threads titled “I told you Cody Green would start before the end of the year now please allow me to pat myself on the back”.

Cody Green gets the start rushes for 100 yards and passes for 250 yards with 2 touchdowns. He does throw 2 interceptions but people just blame it on being a freshman and they let it slide this time. He gains most of his yards running zone reads and throwing dink and dunk passes and the Nation starts asking where these offensive plays have been all year. Robinson rushes for 150 yards with 2 touchdowns and people start talking about how he is better the Helu and should start the rest of the season. Paul has another 100 yard receiving game and returns a punt for a touchdown but people only talk about the one pass that he dropped. Cooper scores a TD as does McNeil. The OL has its best game to date and Ricky Henry makes it through his 2nd straight game without a penalty. Alex Henrey adds two field goals and the defense holds Baylor to 220 yards and 3 points.

NU – 41

BU – 3

After the game Huskerboard is bombarded with 1,000,000 threads titled “I told you Cody Green would start before the end of the year now please allow me to pat myself on the back”.

WOOHOO!!!! GBR!!!

:w00t:w00t:koolaid2::koolaid2::w00t:w00t:woo:w00t:koolaid2::horns2:horns2

There is a lot of overreaction for an Iowa State loss. Teams lose. Different teams show up to play. USC lost to Washington, I guess they’ll never win another game again. Oklahoma lost to BYU, why did they even play another game this season? Last year the Huskers demonstrated an incredible mid-season turnaround. Perspective is important for a fan base. Just because you lost to a bad team does not mean you can’t beat any team better than them, just as if you beat a good team you won’t automatically beat all teams worse than them. You can’t allow one game to define a whole season or a team’s potential.

There is a lot of overreaction for an Iowa State loss. Teams lose. Different teams show up to play. USC lost to Washington, I guess they’ll never win another game again. Oklahoma lost to BYU, why did they even play another game this season? Last year the Huskers demonstrated an incredible mid-season turnaround. Perspective is important for a fan base. Just because you lost to a bad team does not mean you can’t beat any team better than them, just as if you beat a good team you won’t automatically beat all teams worse than them. You can’t allow one game to define a whole season or a team’s potential.

I think the Iowa State loss back to back with the even more lifeless Texas Tech loss is a legitimate reason for concern.

And by concern I mean adjustments, personnel changes and modified fan expectations.

But I'm totally game for an incredible mid-season turnaround. There's absolutely no reason this team can't beat Oklahoma and then go on to lose to Colorado.

I think we forget that mere weeks ago there were huge question marks about the skill positions on offense, and the prevailing wisdom was that the defense would have to carry the team while the offense learned under fire. So we can all pat ourselves on the back for suspecting the offense wouldn't be up to last years standards.

My attitude adjustment? I'm looking at this season as a dress rehearsal for next year. Just sorry Suh couldn't get a taste of something better.

My attitude adjustment? I'm looking at this season as a dress rehearsal for next year. Just sorry Suh couldn't get a taste of something better.

I came into this season thinking it would be more difficult than last year. I felt Texas Tech's defense would be better this year than last, and their offense would be OK. I think I may be right, but it's hard to say. They're a really up and down team. If you'd have told me in August we lost to them I wouldn't have been surprised. But I would have been a little surprised if you told me the same thing after the VT game.

That's where I think everyone is having trouble dealing with the last two weeks. We played well against VT. Yes, we had problems, but they appeared fixable. And we all thought that Bo would get them fixed. The way we cruised through the Sun Belt, VT and came back to win against Missouri, nobody could have predicted the meltdown against Texas Tech, and absolutely NOBODY saw a loss to ISU coming.

That's why this season seems like such chaos to us right now - that inexplicable loss has everyone in a funk.

I agree that next year is looking good for us. We'll have a lot of "Bo's Guys" with a lot of PT under their belt, a VERY favorable schedule (2007 Kansas favorable) and we'll dodge a lot of weapons that Texas and OK State have in their current arsenals.

If we just don't completely melt down as the season moves on, we should be able to continue building. But after last week... all bets have to be off.

Cody Green gets the start rushes for 100 yards and passes for 250 yards with 2 touchdowns. He does throw 2 interceptions but people just blame it on being a freshman and they let it slide this time. He gains most of his yards running zone reads and throwing dink and dunk passes and the Nation starts asking where these offensive plays have been all year. Robinson rushes for 150 yards with 2 touchdowns and people start talking about how he is better then Helu and should start the rest of the season. Paul has another 100 yard receiving game and returns a punt for a touchdown but people only talk about the one pass that he dropped. Cooper scores a TD as does McNeil. The OL has its best game to date and Ricky Henry makes it through his 2nd straight game without a penalty. Alex Henrey adds two field goals and the defense holds Baylor to 220 yards and 3 points.

NU – 41

BU – 3

Man, that would be sweeeeeet! :lol:

I think the Iowa State loss back to back with the even more lifeless Texas Tech loss is a legitimate reason for concern.

And by concern I mean adjustments, personnel changes and modified fan expectations.

But I'm totally game for an incredible mid-season turnaround. There's absolutely no reason this team can't beat Oklahoma and then go on to lose to Colorado.

I think we forget that mere weeks ago there were huge question marks about the skill positions on offense, and the prevailing wisdom was that the defense would have to carry the team while the offense learned under fire. So we can all pat ourselves on the back for suspecting the offense wouldn't be up to last years standards.

I want to agree with a lot of that, but what reasons do we have to believe that next year will be much better? Experience seems to be pretty important in both the offensive and defensive systems. Defense should be OK, even with the loss of Suh, but the situation with the offense needs to get fixed SOON if they are going to be improved next year. They need to get players in place, getting meaningful experience this season if they want to be Big XII Championship caliber next year.

Unless a QB establishes some control over the next couple games, we'll be entering next season with the same dark clouds hovering over that position as this year. I'm not holding my breath for that.

Helu will never be healthy. I think it would be foolish to count on him next year. His touches will be limited. Sure they've got a lot of young running backs behind him, but until we see a guy step up there's no reason to think Nebraska will bring much more to the table next year at that position than they are this year. Do you really think Rex Burkhead can shoulder the load of a power running game? Unless one of these QBs gets his sh#t together, they will need serious production from the running game to achieve at the level that most people expect.

Offensive line? Who the f#*k knows. They won't be effective until the coaches decide what this stupid offense is supposed to look like. At this rate I would be surprised if they even get that figured out by this time next year. And at that point we will be talking about how awesome 2011 should be.

And let's not even talk about wide receiver.

Teams like Nebraska, who have experienced massive personnel turnover for the better part of a decade, need to build things up season-by-season. I thought they were on track 3 weeks ago. That train appears to have been de-railed, friends. I want to believe in this process, but the unraveling of the offense over the last two weeks has been SCARY. Before anybody starts to expect awesome things next season, I think we need to see serious improvement this November. The good teams are the experienced ones.

If you'd have told me before the season that we were going to lose to Iowa State, I'd have asked when Clownahan was rehired. The problems I see heading into next season are numerous. If we don't get Green anymore playing time than he's seen thus far, he's no more ready to take over than Lee was this year. None of our wideouts have stepped up this year, so expecting a lot better play there next year might be a stretch. We lose Suh and Turner off the DL. To expect no dropoff on the DL next year is crazy. Dillard is about the only LB playing well right now and he'll be gone after this season.

If you'd have told me before the season that we were going to lose to Iowa State, I'd have asked when Clownahan was rehired. The problems I see heading into next season are numerous. If we don't get Green anymore playing time than he's seen thus far, he's no more ready to take over than Lee was this year. None of our wideouts have stepped up this year, so expecting a lot better play there next year might be a stretch. We lose Suh and Turner off the DL. To expect no dropoff on the DL next year is crazy. Dillard is about the only LB playing well right now and he'll be gone after this season.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

I trust in Bo on the defense, though.

If you'd have told me before the season that we were going to lose to Iowa State, I'd have asked when Clownahan was rehired.

Not sticking up for Billy C but the ISU team he lost to in 2004 was a heck of a lot better then that team we saw on Saturday, well at least offensively they were better. He also never lost to ISU at home. :bang That was a bad football team that beat us on Saturday.

Well of course losing Suh hurts, but I am not sure the D-Line will be much less effective. Meredith has looked as good as Turner if not better in spots when he has played. I expect him to continue to develop and at least match Turner's output next season. We haven't seen what Ankrah or Randle can do. Crick is a stud in the making, he is even faster than Suh but not quite as strong. He will become the guy that teams focus on and rightfully so. Question is will Baker, Moore, Randle, or someone else step up like Crick has next to Suh? Carl has a good track record thus far, so I am willing to bet that as a whole the D-Line plays really well next year. At LB, I am not sure what you are looking at but Fisher has played well lately as has Compton IMO. Not as good as Dillard, but frankly I think Dillard is playing close to All Conference Caliber right now so to say they aren't matching his level of play doesn't mean they are playing bad. The secondary will be really good next year, the are pretty good this year. Overall I am pretty excited about the Defense for the next few years.