Suh- what is appropriate?

treeeman

He should be put on team probation IMO, and he should practice without his blackshirt for the rest of the year.

For swerving to miss a dog? Are you kidding me? Please tell me WHY in gods name he would go on probation?

This is the most irrational comment I have heard in a while... and saying that on THIS board, is pretty impressive.

Not legal probation, just with the team, like a warning system. Just let him know he was lucky to get away with this, but that this kind of behavior is not acceptable for a team leader, or any team member.

THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER READ. THATS ALL.

He should be put on team probation IMO, and he should practice without his blackshirt for the rest of the year.

For swerving to miss a dog? Are you kidding me? Please tell me WHY in gods name he would go on probation?

This is the most irrational comment I have heard in a while... and saying that on THIS board, is pretty impressive.

:yeah When did we start punishing players for getting into car accidents?

When they are driving at 2:30 in the morning after having been out drinking? Is that really the message you want to send the team? Suh may not have got a DUI, but he obviously had been drinking. To go completely unpunished would be a mistake IMO.

"Been out drinking"? With a .035? You could probably have a beer with dinner and blow that... been out drinking. Yeesh.

TEAM HAS ZERO TOLERANCE RULE WHEN IT COMES TO ALCOHOL.

SUH VIOLATES RULE

WHAT IS PUNISHMENT?

What exactly are they not tolerating? Alcohol at all or breaking alcohol-related laws? Expecting them not to drink is stupid and unrealistic, but having no tolerance for a player who gets a DUI/DWI or an MIP is something else entirely. I'd like to know what this policy is... "ZERO TOLERANCE" doesn't really mean much.

SUH VIOLATES RULE

WHAT IS PUNISHMENT?

This should clear things up for everybody.

Suh cited for hitting parked cars

By ZACH PLUHACEK / Lincoln Journal Star

Lincoln police cited Nebraska football player Ndamukong Suh on suspicion of negligent driving early Sunday.

Suh told police he swerved to avoid hitting a cat or dog in the road, according to a police accident report. His 2003 Land Rover struck three vehicles parked along U Street between 30th and 31st streets at about 2:20 a.m.

“I’m aware of the accident and I’ve talked to Ndamukong about it,” Nebraska Coach Bo Pelini said in a statement.

The situation will not affect Suh’s playing status, an NU spokesperson said. Suh is a senior defensive tackle and is projected by many as the top pick overall in next April’s NFL draft.

He did not report any injuries.

The officer who reported the crash suspected alcohol was a factor at first, but Lincoln Police Capt. David Beggs said Sunday that Suh, 22, tested well below the legal limit for drunken driving.

According to the report, the preliminary Breathalyzer measured Suh’s blood-alcohol content at 0.035 percent. The legal limit for drivers in Nebraska is 0.08 percent.

Police estimate the damage to his SUV, owned by his mother, at $10,000. It was towed from the intersection.

The crash totaled one of the parked cars and caused about $8,000 damage to each of the other two.

Going by my understanding of the English language, it means that he will not be punished as far as playing time goes. Which again, by my understanding, means he probably won't be punished at all. How else can they punish him? It's not like they can dock pay.

SUH VIOLATES RULE

WHAT IS PUNISHMENT?

What exactly are they not tolerating? Alcohol at all or breaking alcohol-related laws? Expecting them not to drink is stupid and unrealistic, but having no tolerance for a player who gets a DUI/DWI or an MIP is something else entirely. I'd like to know what this policy is... "ZERO TOLERANCE" doesn't really mean much.

This is the key....what is the policy. Zero meaning no alcohol means discipline is needed and i trust Bo will do that.

SUH VIOLATES RULE

WHAT IS PUNISHMENT?

This is the key....what is the policy. Zero meaning no alcohol means discipline is needed and i trust Bo will do that.

I think you are misunderstanding the "zero tolerance" thing. The way I read it isn't that the players aren't allowed to drink . . . it just means that they will be punished if they break alcohol laws (underage drinking, DUI, etc.). Suh did not break any alcohol laws. Therefore, he will not be punished. Seems simple to me.

I know for a FACT that he was at the Draft House in Omaha taking shots.

At what time? Because the accident was probably hours later . . .

It was hours later. Between 11:00 and 11:30 is when my friend saw him at the bar. That would give him plenty of time to sober up enough to be under the legal limit. And I am hoping that he rode with somebody instead of driving back from Omaha to Lincoln. But if he could not drive on a regular street in Lincoln, there is no way that he could of drove on I-80 expecially with all of the construction. Junior just cannot handle his liquor.

It was hours later. Between 11:00 and 11:30 is when my friend saw him at the bar. That would give him plenty of time to sober up enough to be under the legal limit. And I am hoping that he rode with somebody instead of driving back from Omaha to Lincoln. But if he could not drive on a regular street in Lincoln, there is no way that he could of drove on I-80 expecially with all of the construction. Junior just cannot handle his liquor.

I would be careful to say "know for a fact" when you know now say "my friend saw him". There is a major difference between I saw and my baby mama's cousin's uncle saw.

I would be careful to say "know for a fact" when you know now say "my friend saw him". There is a major difference between I saw and my baby mama's cousin's uncle saw.

Not really.