Suh- what is appropriate?

treeeman

Sorry Knapp, you are #4!!

Already addressed before you posted:

Yeah, I've got a fair number of posts in this thread, too. Mostly debunking nonsense. If you advocate leaving errant/false information unchecked in conversations, then you could fault me and a couple of other guys here. .... Without that and the BAC nonsense, there's nothing for the debunkers to talk about.

Just sayin'.

Reading: Still fundamental after all these years. ;)

I don't care what Bo said or how he looked doing it. Bo's concern for Suh's simple accident, which can happen to ANYONE... key word, accident.... was leaps and bounds ahead of "Win at all costs" Urban Meyer's reaction to Brandon Spikes' DELIBERATE ATTACK of another player ON THE FIELD. What a f'ing joke.... Suspend him for half of a game against the worst team in the SEC and one of the worst in the NCAA. Pathetic.

Wow, i just had the opportunity to look at that eye gouge... half a game?! Can't the NCAA do something about that? He shoudln't be allowed to play ever again. the guy was helpless and pinned.

I don't care what Bo said or how he looked doing it. Bo's concern for Suh's simple accident, which can happen to ANYONE... key word, accident.... was leaps and bounds ahead of "Win at all costs" Urban Meyer's reaction to Brandon Spikes' DELIBERATE ATTACK of another player ON THE FIELD. What a f'ing joke.... Suspend him for half of a game against the worst team in the SEC and one of the worst in the NCAA. Pathetic.

Wow, i just had the opportunity to look at that eye gouge... half a game?! Can't the NCAA do something about that? He shoudln't be allowed to play ever again. the guy was helpless and pinned.

I'm not defending Spikes at all... but what he did probably happens once a game, every game, every weekend. The old cliche about "what happens underneath that pile" is a cliche for a reason. Eye gouging, ball punching, grabbing, twisting, leaning, an extra elbow, a knee, etc. Happens all the time.

Comparing him to Blount is a little off the mark, though. Blount's season-long suspension was and is ridiculous.

There are pic/vid cell phones around that are capable of blowing this whole thing up. Better hope none of these phones are owned by CU, Mizzou, KSU, OU, UT, Iowa, etc...etc....fans.

What, there are pics of Suh drinking at a bar prior to this? We already know he had alcohol in his system. The only way this could "blow up" is if there's a pic of the FST showing greater than .08. Without that, there's never going to be a bigger story.

Bo Pelini stating that Suh was at someone's house was a sleeping is false.

Ah, so he was at those bars in NE that stay open until after 2, then.

A lot of things Bo says are not true. Injury reports, starters, etc. Bo says what will ameliorate the press at the time.

The team knows what happened that night. You're not breaking big news that the staff has no clue about.

True, but it's sorta hypocritical of the program to cover this up especially when it's supposed to be about "Integrity" "Respect" and "Discipline". It's not that I care about it, but there are a lot of fans at Memorial Stadium that would have bladder failure if they knew the truth.

It's kind of like the Catholic Church.

What cover up? Prove it. Speculation is all well and good and can be fun, but now you're asserting that there was this elaborate coverup going on that involves the LPD, the university, and who else? Prove something.

The situation is over and no new conclusions will be reached. I'm glad that all small animals, people and Suhs came out unscathed in this incident.

That said, I don't blame anyone for not buying the entire story as given. Bo has lied to the press before (even if it was just minor stuff) and personally that bothers me a little bit. I thought Bo was supposed to be a very blunt, honest person. I hate it when coaches lie. If you don't wanna reveal something, just say no comment. Even if it's just about an injury or a depth chart change or whatever. And I have to say, Bo didn't seem terribly convincing when explaining how Suh fell asleep somewhere after dinner. If Suh was simply out at Omaha bars until 1:30, and then drove home, why not just say it? If he was under the the legal limit then there shouldn't be an issue.

I don't have any inside information, but if trustworthy posters say they saw him at the bars, then I believe them. And even if he did absolutely nothing wrong, I'm still bothered by the fact that Bo did not disclose the full truth or even possibly lied about something.

The situation is over and no new conclusions will be reached. I'm glad that all small animals, people and Suhs came out unscathed in this incident.

That said, I don't blame anyone for not buying the entire story as given. Bo has lied to the press before (even if it was just minor stuff) and personally that bothers me a little bit. I thought Bo was supposed to be a very blunt, honest person. I hate it when coaches lie. If you don't wanna reveal something, just say no comment. Even if it's just about an injury or a depth chart change or whatever. And I have to say, Bo didn't seem terribly convincing when explaining how Suh fell asleep somewhere after dinner. If Suh was simply out at Omaha bars until 1:30, and then drove home, why not just say it? If he was under the the legal limit then there shouldn't be an issue.

I don't have any inside information, but if trustworthy posters say they saw him at the bars, then I believe them. And even if he did absolutely nothing wrong, I'm still bothered by the fact that Bo did not disclose the full truth or even possibly lied about something.

I trust Bo over some random guy on the internet, no matter how many posts he may have had. :wasted

Agreed. I have no reason to believe Axl is lying. It's entirely plausible that Suh hit a bar before going home. I would appreciate it more if Bo would disclose that, and I don't like not being told the truth. But even if everything Axl is alleging is true, it's still a molehill.

"Under the legal limit" It just smells fishy to me. He cause $10,000 damage to his car -- $8000 to one -- and TOTALLED another??? An athlete of his caliber should have better reflexes. Maybe he wasn't drunk - I guess I'll go with that --

so for his punishment he should be forced to play Fullback -- taking snaps on both sides of the ball on Saturday.

A lot of things Bo says are not true. Injury reports, starters, etc. Bo says what will ameliorate the press at the time.

The team knows what happened that night. You're not breaking big news that the staff has no clue about.

True, but it's sorta hypocritical of the program to cover this up especially when it's supposed to be about "Integrity" "Respect" and "Discipline". It's not that I care about it, but there are a lot of fans at Memorial Stadium that would have bladder failure if they knew the truth.

What cover up? Prove it. Speculation is all well and good and can be fun, but now you're asserting that there was this elaborate coverup going on that involves the LPD, the university, and who else? Prove something.

Reminds me of the good ol' Cody Glenn threads from last year.

If I was an opposing fan who didn't know any better, I would say this board is all about conspiracy theories. :facepalm:

Reminds me of the good ol' Cody Glenn threads from last year.

If I was an opposing fan who didn't know any better, I would say this board is all about conspiracy theories. :facepalm:

Well sir, you should read what they are writing about Suh on the Mizzou board. They are more obsessed than us.