Why is everyone so negative?

Just something to throw out there.. The X factor for OU is DeMarco Murray. Do we have an X-factor?

Do we even have A factor?

Okay just being funny about the last part, but there is some truth in humor.

We have several players who COULD be, Paul has been in a couple games good and bad, Gilleylen could be, Helu sure as hell could be. In the right situations Bell or Cooper could be too. Problem is, seems like every time a RB gets a good run, something bad happens, when the receivers actually catch the ball, they fumble. I refuse to admit that we don't have playmakers on this team. For some reason (that's been beat to death here) the offense just can't seem to ever put it all together.

There's enough talent on this team to put 30+ points on OU, or anybody for that matter. But the discipline and consistency just isn't there, and that can only mean 2-3 things IMO, poor coaching, poor work ethic, or youth. I think we have all of those covered in our offense.

Just something to throw out there.. The X factor for OU is DeMarco Murray. Do we have an X-factor?

Geez, I think our whole offense is an X-factor. You don't know who it is or what they will do, but if they dig down and play out of their friggin' minds they can change the equation.

In some ways the pressure is off. People don't expect much from this offense and they don't expect us to beat Oklahoma. That's a good time to play out of your friggin' mind.

We have several players who COULD be, Paul has been in a couple games good and bad, Gilleylen could be, Helu sure as hell could be. In the right situations Bell or Cooper could be too. Problem is, seems like every time a RB gets a good run, something bad happens, when the receivers actually catch the ball, they fumble. I refuse to admit that we don't have playmakers on this team. For some reason (that's been beat to death here) the offense just can't seem to ever put it all together.

Helu WOULD be if he weren't hurt as bad as he is.

But if that's the standard for "X-factor", then every scholarship skill player on OU's roster "could be" x-factors too.

I agree with you we have a shot though. It all comes down to heart and execution, every time. Who knows.

There's enough talent on this team to put 30+ points on OU, or anybody for that matter. But the discipline and consistency just isn't there, and that can only mean 2-3 things IMO, poor coaching, poor work ethic, or youth. I think we have all of those covered in our offense.

Well here's to putting it all together this saturday! :woo

Well here's to putting it all together this saturday! :woo

Maybe we can pull one like Colorado pulls on us when they are down and we are at the top. Here's for hoping for the best... :wasted

Regardless, OU's front 4 is getting it done. They have more tackles for loss, and they have more sacks. Both defenses are good/great. It's the offenses that tell the story. We can say they have a poor OL all we want but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? At the end of the day, their offense despite their poor OL is ranked much better than our offense with our poor OL. OU goes into the game with a QB that has faced some pretty good competition while we go into the game with a true frosh QB that hasn't seen good competition.

OU Blitzes quite quite a bit, we on the other hand don't have to. The tackles for loss have been spread throughout the DL, LB,s Safties, Corners Etc. Our front 4 has more production than their front 4 does.

Dude, don't take it like I'm stepping on your cubes. OU has a great defense. Maybe their front 4 isn't quite a good as ours, but they are still very very good. We may have the best front 4 in D1.

Why do you think Lee starts the OU game over Green? I've read a couple of people thinking this way, and I'm just wodering why or if there's some kind of insider info. here.

Regardless, OU's front 4 is getting it done. They have more tackles for loss, and they have more sacks. Both defenses are good/great. It's the offenses that tell the story. We can say they have a poor OL all we want but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? At the end of the day, their offense despite their poor OL is ranked much better than our offense with our poor OL. OU goes into the game with a QB that has faced some pretty good competition while we go into the game with a true frosh QB that hasn't seen good competition.

OU Blitzes quite quite a bit, we on the other hand don't have to. The tackles for loss have been spread throughout the DL, LB,s Safties, Corners Etc. Our front 4 has more production than their front 4 does.

Dude, don't take it like I'm stepping on your cubes. OU has a great defense. Maybe their front 4 isn't quite a good as ours, but they are still very very good. We may have the best front 4 in D1.

Why do you think Lee starts the OU game over Green? I've read a couple of people thinking this way, and I'm just wodering why or if there's some kind of insider info. here.

I disagree with this but I think the logic may be that you start the qb that gives you the best chance to win (I agree with this but not...)Lee may be viewed as the safest bet...

nothing wrong with keeping the faith and believing you have a chance, but you can't get upset when other look at it differently.

Some of you are saying, "its our team! Things could happen! We could win this game if things go well!"

others are saying, "our offense is less than steller, and OU's D is just as good as ours. And if we are equal in D, and thay have a better O. We will probably lose"

Crazy things have happened this year, but i tend to side with that second group.

I know there is some hope that without Bradford things will be different. But just looking at the conference games, OU has the 3rd best offence in the league, NU is 11th. OU has faced the #2, 8, 9 & 12 rated Defences. NU has faced the 3, 6, 10 & 12 rated D's. Those average out to both equal 7.75 avg. However OU is scoring nearly twice as many pts on average and gaining 128 more yrds of O a game. Clearly a big advantage.

The D's are basically equal in scoring and NE has an edge of about 70 yrds a game over total D. OU has played Texas, Kansas, KSU and Baylor. Nebraska has played MU, ISU, TT and Baylor. Oklahoma has faced the #2, 4, 7 & 9 best scoring offences. NU has faced the #1, 6, 9 & 10 best scoring O's. Which is pretty much equal. Ou's average is 5.5, NU's is 6.5. So OU has faced better, but only marginally. I believe the D's are a wash.

I basically believe that NU's D will cause some problems for OU. But I have much more faith in OU's ability to score points than I do NU's. Unless there are some really good breaks for NU, I dont seem them staying within 14, and if OU gets some good breaks, it could get ugly.

A voice of reason.

I know that overall OU is a better team. I know they will probably win by at least 2 TD's. But its not necesarily the best team that wins, its the best team on that night. A&M crashed Texas Tech which was supposed to be an automatic win for Tech. Just saying, anything is possible!

Go Big Red!

I'm gonna say this if we have an Offense that shows up to play and we can score, we will win. Remember people OU's Offense isn't anywhere near as potent as Texas Techs Offense. The only reason they beat us the way they did was because of no Offense on our part. You can't keep going 3 and out and keeping the Defense on the field and not expect those types of results. You go back and you look, in every one of our losses we had completely outyarded our opponents. I say this as well we get our act together Offensively, there isn't team including Texas that we can't beat. Oh we can move the ball on Oklahoma's Vaunted Defense and score if we can execute and eliminate the BS mental mistakes. It's up to the Offense. 3 times this year OU has given up 350+ Yards of Total Offense, last was Kansas State at 364 yards Total Offense while we on the other hand haven't had any team this year put up a 300 yard game against us. Furthermore I stick to my guns when I say OU's Offense isn't good enough to successfully or consistantly move the ball or score on the Blackshirts. Our Offense gives us a 10 point lead, we will win. The Blackshirts will shut that OU Offense down all day long. Kansas St scored 30 points against OU, their problem was they have no Defense. We Do.....GO BIG RED!!!