Big 12 North

rcruter

They should move Mizzo to the Big 12 south and move Okla to the north.

Then we would have the old rivalry back and the Big 12 championship game would actually mean some thing. Look if any one in the north was good enough to actually beat out Okla for the north title, then maybe the Big 12 championship game would be a real test for the South champ, instead of a scrimmage to get them ready for a bcs bowl game, most of the time.

I was hoping the Huskers were closing the gap between the power teams in the south, but that looks like a long way off lately.

:box Go Huskers beat OU :box

GBR!!!

The Big 12 will not breakup the OU/Texas game happening every year. It is consistently one of the most significant games in determining who contends for a National Title, almost always determines the big 12 south winner, and pits the conferences two highest profile teams against one another. Too big of a game to keep from happening every year.

have to give it to Snyder and rhoades second. I believe the old sly fox will teach his student how to coach a football game saturday in manhatton. he will have everyone blitzing reesing from all angles, and just power run right over that weak D.

beware when ksu comes to lincoln, dude had his team ready to rock against ou and gave them one heck of a game, that is coaching. you will see how well bo prepares a team when ou comes in this week. good yardstick for his hc status.

mu will have all they can handle when they go to manhattan as well, snyder will give them all they can take even with tigers superior athletes.

snyder is the coach of the yr.

that old man can flat out coach. :horns2

the B12 will feel his return over the next year or two. :(

Unfortunately, just looking at the facts as they lay tonight, I do think that the B12 North will likely be a duel between KSU and Misery for the next couple years. I was convinced that Prince left the Ksu program in such a hole that the white rat would not be able to bring it back and would soon go back to the retirement home. Well honestly he has done the best job coaching in the NOrth in a long time and a case could be made that he has the only team improving at this point in the season in the North. I have to concede with the job he has done from the preseason to the OU game last week, Snyder is much the best coach in the North. He made lemonade outta lemons in a weak conference division. We have not improved but have regressed.

Misery has a very young team with some players that will be excellent on both sides of the ball. Gabbert will be the real deal next year if healthy. Their O Line should be better and the Freshman DE they have will be All America imo. And unfortunately MU seems to be recruiting very well. I don't think the coaching staff is all that great but MU will have more talent than anyone in the north. IF KSU had their talent they would rival the south teams I am beginning to believe. But KSU and MU will likely compete for the top spots.

I think we are going to be in for a struggle and likely 2nd or 3rd best in the North for the next couple years. Hopefully the adminstration and fans will have patience and see if this staff and HC with little experience, doesn't get things on the right path and we rise back to the top.

But a few weeks ago I thought we were on our way so things can change back. But right now it looks like KSU and MU might well be the teams to beat in the North for at least the next couple years.

Unfortunately, just looking at the facts as they lay tonight, I do think that the B12 North will likely be a duel between KSU and Misery for the next couple years. I was convinced that Prince left the Ksu program in such a hole that the white rat would not be able to bring it back and would soon go back to the retirement home. Well honestly he has done the best job coaching in the NOrth in a long time and a case could be made that he has the only team improving at this point in the season in the North. I have to concede with the job he has done from the preseason to the OU game last week, Snyder is much the best coach in the North. He made lemonade outta lemons in a weak conference division. We have not improved but have regressed.

Misery has a very young team with some players that will be excellent on both sides of the ball. Gabbert will be the real deal next year if healthy. Their O Line should be better and the Freshman DE they have will be All America imo. And unfortunately MU seems to be recruiting very well. I don't think the coaching staff is all that great but MU will have more talent than anyone in the north. IF KSU had their talent they would rival the south teams I am beginning to believe. But KSU and MU will likely compete for the top spots.

I think we are going to be in for a struggle and likely 2nd or 3rd best in the North for the next couple years. Hopefully the adminstration and fans will have patience and see if this staff and HC with little experience, doesn't get things on the right path and we rise back to the top.

But a few weeks ago I thought we were on our way so things can change back. But right now it looks like KSU and MU might well be the teams to beat in the North for at least the next couple years.

Billyball,

I have to disagree slightly with your post. At this point i believe KSU is an unknown. The old man, although a good coach has much greater compition for the JUCO's he used to pull easily and his age, IMHO, will not allow him to build a long term solution at KSU. THey may or may not become at top North team again.

I do think you are right about MU, They are extremly young and have alot of young talent. They should continue to improve and have the ability to win the North the next few years. BUT, with that said, Nebraska is in a very simular boat. There is some young good talent on your team. You return much of that young offense and have pulled some nice players as well. Both teams have to replace some key parts.

Mu will lose their best (as of now) OL, thier two starting WR's (perry doesnt worry me as much as finding another player to fill the role that Alexander does) and they also lose Baston & Weatherspoon on D.

For NE, obviously Suh will be gone, and how does that effect a good, young player like Crick, and the rest of the D as a whole. I think lossing Dillard will hurt, unless a young backer is able to step up. Could very well happen, but nobody had done so to this point. I dont know if that speaks to a lack of depth and ability, or more so to Phillip and his drive to play. He was basically made an after thought and made it back to not only starting, but to being probably the most consistant LB in the group. Turner leaves after what feels like 7 years and both safeties, Asante and O'Hanlon. I dont know much about your back ups at safety to speak about them, but they fact that I know enough to know that I like your backups at corner and know their names and that O'hanlon is still a starter after the past 2 seasons may be my answer.

With all that said, I believe every team in the north, with the exception of KU should be better next year ( CU after a coaching change only). And I see the next 2-3 years becoming a MU/NE fight. There maybe a team here or there that can pop up, but when you look at the two schools out of the 6 that have the best facilities, the most commitment, the better players, the best anything.... you will see that it comes down to the same two schools everytime. Nebraska and Missouri

I don't think Snyder was brought back to KState as a long term answer. I'm hopeful the school conducts the next coaching search rather than taking Snyder's pick. He can coach and can evaluate JuCo talent, but his last selection for a coach was a joke and a bust. Unfortunately, he along with the kitties were the last real team to contend with the South. I think he'll get more than enough JuCo's to fill many voids in their team. The bigger question remains whether he'll be able to get the assistant coaches he once did.

Mizzou...ha ha...makes me laugh that a team that got trounced by a Nebraska team that got beat by an Iowa State team is thinking they have any shot of winning anything...

Frankly...you all should quit worrying about it. Okie State is going down in Ames this weekend. Zac's confindence got hammered last week and ISU has a very opportunistic defense (as you well know...) Then we'll go to Columbia and shut up those fools and finally wave goodbye to Dan Hawkins when he goes back to CU from his last road trip ever with the Buffalos...

ISU wins the North...just like I said way back win. Then we surprise Texas in the B-12 Championship and go on to play in the Orange Bowl....oops...spilled my beer.

You guys can stick with that Kool-aid stuff if you want...beer works better for me.

Mizzou...ha ha...makes me laugh that a team that got trounced by a Nebraska team that got beat by an Iowa State team is thinking they have any shot of winning anything...

Frankly...you all should quit worrying about it. Okie State is going down in Ames this weekend. Zac's confindence got hammered last week and ISU has a very opportunistic defense (as you well know...) Then we'll go to Columbia and shut up those fools and finally wave goodbye to Dan Hawkins when he goes back to CU from his last road trip ever with the Buffalos...

ISU wins the North...just like I said way back win. Then we surprise Texas in the B-12 Championship and go on to play in the Orange Bowl....oops...spilled my beer.

You guys can stick with that Kool-aid stuff if you want...beer works better for me.

Cy as crazy as this season has been for north teams...I would love to see ISU finally get some action. That is of course if NU doen't win out against KU, KSU & MU.

Did you guys see the article talking about schedule changes being discussed by the big 12? They were talking about rotating the schedule so you play 3 teams from the other division then switch the next year instead of the same 3 teams. They also mentioned talk of trying to bring back the annual OU Neb game. I'll hunt for it.

Okie State is going down in Ames this weekend. Zac's confindence got hammered last week and ISU has a very opportunistic defense (as you well know...) Then we'll go to Columbia and shut up those fools and finally wave goodbye to Dan Hawkins when he goes back to CU from his last road trip ever with the Buffalos...

dean_scream_pic.jpg