Nebraska is Number 9

What a joke this offense is.

9Nebraska

Even tennis ace and Nebraska native Andy Roddick couldn't believe his eyes; he tweeted, "in disbelief....... Iowa st [sic]?" on his Twitter page after the Cornhuskers lost to the Cyclones in Lincoln. While Nebraska is in second place in the Big 12 North behind Kansas State and their defense is actually pretty stingy, (No. 4 in scoring defense), their 5-3 record is a bit deceiving. Three of their wins are against the Sun Belt Conference also-rans Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State and Louisiana-Lafayette while the other two teams they beat (Missouri and Baylor) have a collective 1-7 conference record.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?conte...2#sport=COLLEGE FOOTBALL&photo=10313264

I don't think Nebraska is a disappointment... they can still win the North, and if they do, how are they a disappointment? Were people expecting a Big 12 title with Texas and OK on the other side? I think people were expecting a North title this year so they still have a chance to fulfill expectations.

No...they are not a disappointment. They've only lost to two teams, at home, they never should have lost to. Are no longer starting the best QB, and the o-line can't open consistant holes through news paper.

A team that should be, at worst, 7 -1 but is 5-3 with one of those loses being to ISU at home, is a disappointment. If they lose anymore games this year, with the exception of this Saturday, they will have moved from disappointment to joke.

I don't think Nebraska is a disappointment... they can still win the North, and if they do, how are they a disappointment? Were people expecting a Big 12 title with Texas and OK on the other side? I think people were expecting a North title this year so they still have a chance to fulfill expectations.

No...they are not a disappointment. They've only lost to two teams, at home, they never should have lost to. Are no longer starting the best QB, and the o-line can't open consistant holes through news paper.

A team that should be, at worst, 7 -1 but is 5-3 with one of those loses being to ISU at home, is a disappointment. If they lose anymore games this year, with the exception of this Saturday, they will have moved from disappointment to joke.

I won't argue that we aren't disappointing, and I didn't look at the list, but where is OU on there?

NU is two plays away from 7-1 (one fumble against ISU and one long pass play at VT). OU has three losses and started the year #3 in the country. I would put them at #1.

I won't argue that we aren't disappointing, and I didn't look at the list, but where is OU on there?

NU is two plays away from 7-1 (one fumble against ISU and one long pass play at VT). OU has three losses and started the year #3 in the country. I would put them at #1.

You should get no argument from anybody there.

I agree with all except, The QB, and the moving to a joke. If we win the north that was the realistic goal this season along with a bowl game and i am confident we will do both.

Sounds like we may have some fairweather fans on this board. Just saying...

I agree with all except, The QB, and the moving to a joke. If we win the north that was the realistic goal this season along with a bowl game and i am confident we will do both.

Here is a fact. Because people make realistic comments and aren't always Sunshine and Lollypop towards NU, doesn't mean they fair-weather fans. What it means is we are the truest of fans in that we are realistic and just tell it like it is.Because of this we take NU for whatever they are in being great, good, or like today's program.

hth

I believe the consenses at the end of last year was that NU would most likely be an 8-4 team and north winner(maybe). This is very possible! Like stated earlier we are 2 plays away from being 7-1. Disappointing yes, a joke NO! All of us had High expectations, but the were long shots. Please stop be ing negative.

I believe the consenses at the end of last year was that NU would most likely be an 8-4 team and north winner(maybe). This is very possible! Like stated earlier we are 2 plays away from being 7-1. Disappointing yes, a joke NO! All of us had High expectations, but the were long shots. Please stop be ing negative.

Please stop being being a sunshine pumper and start being a realist.

What a joke this offense is.

9Nebraska

Even tennis ace and Nebraska native Andy Roddick couldn't believe his eyes; he tweeted, "in disbelief....... Iowa st [sic]?" on his Twitter page after the Cornhuskers lost to the Cyclones in Lincoln. While Nebraska is in second place in the Big 12 North behind Kansas State and their defense is actually pretty stingy, (No. 4 in scoring defense), their 5-3 record is a bit deceiving. Three of their wins are against the Sun Belt Conference also-rans Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State and Louisiana-Lafayette while the other two teams they beat (Missouri and Baylor) have a collective 1-7 conference record.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?conte...2#sport=COLLEGE FOOTBALL&photo=10313264

Does Roddick do meth too?

If you look back at the August prediction threads, you'll see that the majority of predictions for the regular season were 9-3 or 10-2, and North champs. A handful of doomsayers said 7-5 or 8-4, while a handful of sunshine pumpers said 11-1 or 12-0. But the majority of predictions were 9-3 or 10-2, with the slight nod maybe going to 9-3. I doubt anyone predicted an ISU loss, and very few predicted a TT loss. Most commonly losses were predicted (in this order): OU, VT, KU.

So based on that, I would say, unless we can beat OU, this season will at very least be a minor disappointment. As horrible as the North is, we could still win it at 7-5, although personally I wouldn't find that too satisfying, unless we really gave Texas a good game. Going into a mid-tier bowl game at 7-6 with a chance of finishing 7-7, that's a pretty ugly season.

Ummm, OU lost to #2 Texas by what 3 points with their freshman QB. They lost to #17 Miami by 1 point. They lost the opener in which they lost their Hypseman QB by a whopping 1 point. OU is 5 points, less than 2 fieldgoals, away from being #2 in the country. We've both had disappointing seasons. However, we lost to a pretty bad Iowa State team playing their backup QB and RB in our own backyard. We also got blasted at home to what appears to be a very mediocre Texas Tech team. Now that VT is about to fall out of the rankings, the close loss to them has lost its luster.