Officiating now in our court?

irafreak

Biased officiating or not (and I've shown stats that seem to point that way), we have done far more damage to ourselves via penalties than the Officials have.

Sure, the zebras aren't calling some penalties against us, but a bunch that they are we've earned, and then some. And there have been several that they could have called but didn't, like a block in the back on Paul's punt return against OU (they called Gomes which was not a penalty, but they let one go right when Paul caught the ball that clearly was).

Biased officiating or not (and I've shown stats that seem to point that way), we have done far more damage to ourselves via penalties than the Officials have.

Sure, the zebras aren't calling some penalties against us, but a bunch that they are we've earned, and then some. And there have been several that they could have called but didn't, like a block in the back on Paul's punt return against OU (they called Gomes which was not a penalty, but they let one go right when Paul caught the ball that clearly was).

something is wrong with the way we are doing punt returns, because we could get called for this everytime it seems like.

something is wrong with the way we are doing punt returns, because we could get called for this everytime it seems like.

I may be slow on the uptake, but who is our Special Teams coach? Nobody has that title on the coach's page.

Any idea? Maybe we're not coaching these guys up enough?

I may be slow on the uptake, but who is our Special Teams coach? Nobody has that title on the coach's page.

Any idea? Maybe we're not coaching these guys up enough?

The only guy that comes to mind is John Papuchis. Papuchis tutors the Nebraska defensive ends and also plays a key role with the Husker special teams. He's about the only guy I have ever heard of when special teams is brought up. He's usually the one quoted in interviews about special teams matters (ex: PJ Mangieri's troubles with snaps at mizzou).

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...;ATCLID=1354994