Player of The Game

WVhuskerXX

Kinda hard to pinpoint one person.. Niles had a great game in both the return game and receiving... Helu ran the ball well.. Ran hard and played heads up, as he tends to do... Lee played a helluva game also and managed it very well, made plays with his feet.. Think it was great for the offense be able to step up a bit when the defense wasn't at the top of its game.

We had our share of silly things too. The 15 yard shot on reesing that seemed to wake them up. The leg whip that took us to 1st and 25. All the holding calls they refused to throw a flag on.

Let's say the guy doesn't grab his facemask....he might not have made the tackle...alex kicks a field goal and we still have the lead...same results...only 4 points off our final score.

How great is it that we can't definitively identify a player of the game among Lee, Helu, and Paul. That's a nice problem to have. In the end though, I think it was Gomes who saved the game for us.

I wouldn't say that that's necessarily true. Think about this for a second-outside of those 3 on offense, we had 42 yards receiving and 5 yards rushing. We are somehow finding ways to get things done, but that's about it.

It really seems like our O is dead in the water without Helu, and his status will be up in the air every week.

Lee did look much better this week that I think he has all year. That was a very, very pleasant surprise.

STFU.... That was a good call and you know it.

He wasn't claiming it was a bad call, his point was that without a colossally moronic play by a KU defender we most likely lose.

Most likely... Who knows? I would be inclined to agree with this if we hadn't scored another TD. But we did and sealed the game. We could have done that even w/o the penalty that saved our drive. But the "colossally moronic" penalty definitely helped.

Gomes. Don’t know if he was the player of the game, but a nod should go to him for a game well played. He had a couple real nice pass break ups, a TFL and a couple of run stops. AND he saved our bacon with the forced fumble. Granted, he did have the pass interference that extended KU’s last TD drive. But all in all Gomes played a hell of a game. He has been a pleasant surprise this year.

How great is it that we can't definitively identify a player of the game among Lee, Helu, and Paul. That's a nice problem to have. In the end though, I think it was Gomes who saved the game for us.

Hah! I just came to post this after reading the first half of this thread. I'm glad I glanced up at your post.

Yes, this is a good problem to have. Let's hope we keep having this problem.