Asante...

cmb23

:facepalm:

What is wrong with some of you today? Why are some of you complaining....we won yesterday and we are now 7-3....I don't understand some of you.

I hate Bo's temper, why is Bo wearing a gray sweatshirt, Bo shouldn't yell at Cotton and Watson even though our Offensive line and play calling is horrible, Bo chews his gum like a horse, our players are hitting people too hard, Bo yells at the officals too much, Why doesn Carl wear black instead of red, how come Zac Lee hasn't eaten a hot dog yet on the sidelines......

I could go on and on but all of the complaining is getting old. We are 7-3 and could very well win our next 2 games and head down to Dallas for the Big 12 Championship game in Bo's 2nd year as head coach.

So.....uhm......what would YOU like to talk about?

Nope, sorry, "Sal is dead, Go Big Red" chants negate any and all complaining about other teams' fans bad taste and absolutely shoddy behavior in such matters.

OK, so it went from a sign that nobody has a picture of but everyone has seen to a chant that we, apparently, still say?

What's next? Did we give him cancer in the first place? Or is it that all Husker fans are responsible for cancer? That's where we're headed here, isn't it? It's just as believable.

Yeah. We have no room to talk because a couple of yahoos once did/said something untoward. This is equal to the treatment they give us, so we can never mention wrongs done to us.

I'm glad we've figured that out. :thumbs

The blanket statement made about their fans is based on some yahoo's comment on a message board. Assuming your account is the correct one, the contexts are pretty similar in scope.

I think this post sums it all up. If a Jayhawk defender would have come in and landed that hit on Cody Green, the Big 12 commissioner's email; fax; etc. would have been filled to the gills demanding punishment from Nebraska fans. I haven't seen the hit. However, it must have been really obvious and blatant for Adrian Fialla to say so.

Everyone supposedly in love with smashmouth-at-any-cost defense might want to ask the Pelini's how inspiring those 15 yard penalties are. Especially in those situations where the other 10 guys had been stopping the opponent using more conventional means.

And a TV commentator who noticed Asante had a tendency to be a hothead in previous games is simply a commentator who's been paying attention.

Slap a Colorado helmet on Asante, put Zac Lee on the ground and there's no way this board celebrates the aggressive style of the defensive back.

If a Jayhawk defender would have come in and landed that hit on Cody Green, the Big 12 commissioner's email; fax; etc. would have been filled to the gills demanding punishment from Nebraska fans. I haven't seen the hit. However, it must have been really obvious and blatant for Adrian Fialla to say so.

Yeah, this is what I'm saying, Junior. And Guy a couple posts up says the same thing - why we're arguing about this is beyond me. It is human nature to protect your own. There is nothing odd about Husker fans decrying ill treatment of our players, and I don't fault any KU fan for getting upset about Asante's hit.

You're not trying to say that if the situation were reversed, the KU message boards would be filled with messages of remorse over a late hit to the NU QB, are you? Come on, now.

It was stupid. Nothing more. Anyone who has ever REALLY played a team sport knows what its like to get caught up in the moment which is what I think Asante did. It was worth 15 yards, not an ejection.

Also in the OU game? Do you really call what Asante kid being "hot headed?" Come on! That is a bit over the edge. He pops a guy in a game DRENCHED in emotion and he cant do what he did a bit??? Let the kids have some fun. There was no harm in what he did against OU. The hit on Reesing was worth 15, not an ejection. Case closed.

No, I'm not. I've always said our fanbase is like about every other fan base out there. I'm not the one who claims things of the past never happened. If the hit was as bad as I've been led to believe, Bo should have pulled Asante out of the game for at least a while.

Don't put words in my mouth. I've only ever asked for evidence. I've never seen a pic of this, nor a news account, nor anything other than posts on message boards.

I want evidence. You want to continue to bash the whole of Husker fandom over the head for something one fan allegedly did 15 years ago. See the difference?

There's been several posters who have posted that they themselves witnessed the signs. I'm sure there would have been pictures present all over the place had the event occurred today when everyone has picture phones, etc. Are you calling all of those posters liars?

There have been several posters here who claimed they saw Huston Nutt buying a house, or they talked to so-and-so's saltwater aquarium guy, or Cody Green "wide stancing" in the john. Are you claiming those people aren't lying?

How naive must you be to take everything you read at face value? It's a message board. People make stuff up. Helloooooo!!!