Asante...

cmb23

It appears the hit fired up (or woke up) Reesing:

http://www.salina.com/sports/story/nebraskaku

I wonder about that. I'd like to hear from Reesing or Mangino if that hit really did fire them up. It seemed to me like they were moving the ball prior to that hit, and it didn't slow them down any.

What I see happening is that some media guy will say something, other media guys think it sounds cool so they repeat it, and suddenly one guy's opinion becomes canon. I know Mangino wanted Asante ejected. I think not ejecting him is one the zebras got right. Whether that "fired up" Kansas or not is just conjecture.

Asante launched himself at Reesing about when Reesing went into the slide. In that split second it's hard to slow down, and once he launched himself it's not like he could have put on the air brakes. And despite the vagina monologue whining the on-air announcers did about the hit, it wasn't "leading with the helmet" and it wasn't "flagrant."

Times have changed so much. Frazier, Gdowski, Gill, Taylor, Frost, Crouch - these guys took shots that today's namby-pamby QBs would die from. They took those shots every third or fourth play. And they did it all game long, all season long. Why are today's quarterbacks so fragile? Why are their tender little bodies sacrosanct? Why are they the only position that can't be hit in a hitting game?

It's baffling and stupid. Frankly, Lee to a bigger shot on one of his runs later in the game, and because he didn't slide, it's OK. Sorry. No. Football is a contact sport. It's why they wear pads. If you don't want to get hit, don't play.

It appears the hit fired up (or woke up) Reesing:

http://www.salina.com/sports/story/nebraskaku

I wonder about that. I'd like to hear from Reesing or Mangino if that hit really did fire them up. It seemed to me like they were moving the ball prior to that hit, and it didn't slow them down any.

What I see happening is that some media guy will say something, other media guys think it sounds cool so they repeat it, and suddenly one guy's opinion becomes canon. I know Mangino wanted Asante ejected. I think not ejecting him is one the zebras got right. Whether that "fired up" Kansas or not is just conjecture.

Asante launched himself at Reesing about when Reesing went into the slide. In that split second it's hard to slow down, and once he launched himself it's not like he could have put on the air brakes. And despite the vagina monologue whining the on-air announcers did about the hit, it wasn't "leading with the helmet" and it wasn't "flagrant."

Times have changed so much. Frazier, Gdowski, Gill, Taylor, Frost, Crouch - these guys took shots that today's namby-pamby QBs would die from. They took those shots every third or fourth play. And they did it all game long, all season long. Why are today's quarterbacks so fragile? Why are their tender little bodies sacrosanct? Why are they the only position that can't be hit in a hitting game?

It's baffling and stupid. Frankly, Lee to a bigger shot on one of his runs later in the game, and because he didn't slide, it's OK. Sorry. No. Football is a contact sport. It's why they wear pads. If you don't want to get hit, don't play.

This is the part that really angers me. You think GT's QB that takes hits all game get these calls? No because he isn't a pu$$y sliding all over the place.

This is a little like the "Angry Pelini" thread where Pelini/Asante gets a reputation and then it becomes impossible to shed. If Pelini gets a gas bubble and winces, people go off on him now. Every time Asante hits someone, he's going to be guilty until proven innocent in the eyes of the media.

I frankly don't know how people can be so judgmental about the timing of defensive hits like these. Once you're launching your body at the qb, how do you stop yourself? I have a hunch that you'll more than likely end up hurting yourself in the process--if you can even do anything at all.

Personally, I think they should stop these cupcake rules with quarterbacks--especially once they go beyond the line of scrimmage. This is football, NOT baseball. If you want to slide in, fine. Just don't gripe when the defender's shoulder comes up under your chin, because you were the idiot leading with that chin.

You gotta play hard but you gotta play smart. Putting your shoulder pad into Reesing's head when he's on his backside doesn't help your team. That said, you're a D-1 athlete barreling ass to wipe out a QB, stopping on a dime isn't as easy as it sounds. He deserved the flag, and was lucky the refs knew he wasn't leading with his helmet.

:facepalm:

What is wrong with some of you today? Why are some of you complaining....we won yesterday and we are now 7-3....I don't understand some of you.

I hate Bo's temper, why is Bo wearing a gray sweatshirt, Bo shouldn't yell at Cotton and Watson even though our Offensive line and play calling is horrible, Bo chews his gum like a horse, our players are hitting people too hard, Bo yells at the officals too much, Why doesn Carl wear black instead of red, how come Zac Lee hasn't eaten a hot dog yet on the sidelines......

I could go on and on but all of the complaining is getting old. We are 7-3 and could very well win our next 2 games and head down to Dallas for the Big 12 Championship game in Bo's 2nd year as head coach.

:facepalm:

What is wrong with some of you today? Why are some of you complaining....we won yesterday and we are now 7-3....I don't understand some of you.

I hate Bo's temper, why is Bo wearing a gray sweatshirt, Bo shouldn't yell at Cotton and Watson even though our Offensive line and play calling is horrible, Bo chews his gum like a horse, our players are hitting people too hard, Bo yells at the officals too much, Why doesn Carl wear black instead of red, how come Zac Lee hasn't eaten a hot dog yet on the sidelines......

I could go on and on but all of the complaining is getting old. We are 7-3 and could very well win our next 2 games and head down to Dallas for the Big 12 Championship game in Bo's 2nd year as head coach.

Why hasn't Lee eaten a hot dog on the sideline yet? Does he not believe in America?

I hate the slide rule. I hate most of the "protect the Nancy QBs" rules. This is a contact sport. If you can't handle contact, don't play the game.

This BS of making special contact rules to protect one kind of player is ridiculous.

I agree with you and what are they going to do next? Wrap these guys in bubble paper and make it touch only for QB's? Quit being so soft with these QB's, they have to learn to protect themselves.

I hate the slide rule. I hate most of the "protect the Nancy QBs" rules. This is a contact sport. If you can't handle contact, don't play the game.

This BS of making special contact rules to protect one kind of player is ridiculous.

I agree with you and what are they going to do next? Wrap these guys in bubble paper and make it touch only for QB's? Quit being so soft with these QB's, they have to learn to protect themselves.

Nothing pisses me off more to see one of these pansies run by guys that get held, kicked, punched and gouged all game long, then they get to slide saying don't hit me? That's complete BS, if you are on the field, expect to get hit.

Nothing pisses me off more to see one of these pansies run by guys that get held, kicked, punched and gouged all game long, then they get to slide saying don't hit me? That's complete BS, if you are on the field, expect to get hit.

definitely, that hit was nothing compared to what the wide recievers experience, or any other player for that matter. what makes a qb so fragile, i get they deserve a certain amount of protection, but they can handle to get tackled.

No. I was thinking more on the lines of a pink jersey, or maybe a pink skirt so everyone will see them!!!! <_<