Asante...

cmb23

Huh...I'm listening to it too and they are sticking to their guns that it 'looked pretty dirty', 'looked as if he was trying to hurt Reesing' and 'surprised he didn't get thrown out...it was borderline at best'. Guess we all see/hear what we want to.

And don't bother responding to mine. It's obvious that nobody is going to back down from their view.

Ya when I was listening to 1620 it was around 2:45 or so......I haven't listen to it since. I don't think it was a dirty/cheap shot and you can't really adjust yourself in the air or predict whats going to happen when you're in the air. I think that Asante was going trying to hit Reesing with his shoulder pads but ended up hitting head to head. Do I think it was a cheap shot...No but do I think it was a right call for a 15yd penalty....Yes.

Well I got disagreed with by most about his actions last week. The hit on the OU player was a clean hard hit, but he definitely was taunting the guy afterwards (whether he knew he was hurt or not). And yes he 'applauded' after the guy got up and walked off the field, but that was just to make up for his foolish actions he put on display in the middle of the field.

Now this week he took a real cheap shot on Reesing. Not only was Reesing sliding, which you can't contact at all...but it was a very late shot and totally a head shot. And he acted like he was totally surprised that he was flagged for it?!?! Wouldn't be surprised if the conference has something to say about it.

Sure the guy plays hard and that's what you need, but learn when to turn it on and off. Make a hit, get up and get back to the huddle.

Better than last year when he seemed to turn it off before he came out of the tunnel. Finally some aggresiveness and he gets beraded for it. You say he needs to learn when to turn it on and off, but he really just started to learn how to play like this this year so he is new to aggressiveness and I don't think he is sure when to turn it on or off. Cut the guy a little slack, I have never, never known him to be cheap player and he has made a mistake two games in a row so it looks worse. If he made a late hit in the first game and hadn't had one until this game know one would even be talking about it. Suh has had many, many more personal fouls than Asante and I don't hear anyone calling for his head.

:facepalm:

What is wrong with some of you today? Why are some of you complaining....we won yesterday and we are now 7-3....I don't understand some of you.

I hate Bo's temper, why is Bo wearing a gray sweatshirt, Bo shouldn't yell at Cotton and Watson even though our Offensive line and play calling is horrible, Bo chews his gum like a horse, our players are hitting people too hard, Bo yells at the officals too much, Why doesn Carl wear black instead of red, how come Zac Lee hasn't eaten a hot dog yet on the sidelines......

I could go on and on but all of the complaining is getting old. We are 7-3 and could very well win our next 2 games and head down to Dallas for the Big 12 Championship game in Bo's 2nd year as head coach.

So.....uhm......what would YOU like to talk about?

Its just not me but a lot of others here are sick and tired of the complaining and so forth. Do I think that hit by Asante was bad on his part not really but he did get penalize for it right. If you watch the youtube video of the hit, Asante was already in the air when Reesing went to slide. Just because Asante had one bad hit everybody wants to label him a thug.....please if you want to see thugs play watch Miami

I was listening to 1620 the Zone on the way to work and they had I believe a journalist from Kansas on and they asked him on what he thought about that hit. He said that he believes that Asante didn't do that w/ intent to hurt Reesing but went on to note that it was a bad hit but it didn't upset him that it happened because its football. He also stated that he hates it when you see a QB slide like Reesing did and its frustrating for a defender not to tackle him because the QB wears pads just like that defender.

So not all Kansas fans are upset about that hit. Its done and over with so move on and lets talk about K-State. So......umm.....what do YOU want to talk about now?

I guess we could talk about unicorns that piss rainbows and non-controversial affirmations of the Nebraska football program.

Geez, Huskerjock. It's the internet. If needless discussions about things that don't really matter were eliminated, the whole thing would disappear.

Hello, this is Larry Asante. I would just like to apologize for my actions the past weeks of hitting people in this non-contact sport. I want you to know that I will not be wearing any pads or a helmet Saturday night so i won't be tempted to repeat any of these vulgar actions. In a side note, Coach Pelini will be coaching from the Press Box so no one can see his actions,and that he has nothing to yell at but a wall or window, and so that no one sees him in his gret sweatshirt. Thank you. Go Big Red.

Yes i am waging war against some people, and sarcasm is my weapon, you know who you are. The issues you are moanin about are not as bad as you think, if they really were, i'm sure Dr. Osborne would address them, until us or Bo here's from him, which is safe to say Bo hasnt, cuz there has not been a drastic change in behavior, you need to understand it's ok.

maybe Bo has to shout so loud because Cotton wears Bose noise-cancelling head phones. if you rewatch the film, it appears as if Cotton was completely oblivious to Bo shouting at him.

You know, that's a hella good point, I was discussing that at work with guys today. Does anybody, I mean ANYBODY, know what Bo actually said? Maybe it was wasnt an ass chewin at all. May a simple, "God Damn Marcel" or "Marcel's in deep sh#t Barney"or even, "you want this one, or do i get to handle it?"

maybe Bo has to shout so loud because Cotton wears Bose noise-cancelling head phones. if you rewatch the film, it appears as if Cotton was completely oblivious to Bo shouting at him.

You know, that's a hella good point, I was discussing that at work with guys today. Does anybody, I mean ANYBODY, know what Bo actually said? Maybe it was wasnt an ass chewin at all. May a simple, "God Damn Marcel" or "Marcel's in deep sh#t Barney"or even, "you want this one, or do i get to handle it?"

it was quick and then bo was over it, cotton's facial expression did not change at all.