Asante...

cmb23

No $hit? What the hell is he supposed to say?!?!

Thank goodness we have you here to tell us he's lying. :thumbs

Thank god you neverendingly feel the need to put words in other peoples mouths. :corndance

OK, so what's your beef with his statement? The fact that he's saying what all of us have been saying here in this thread?

I don't know why I continue to feed the monster...

Of course he is supposed to say that. Just like Bill said he did not have sexual relations with that woman. Even if it isn't true, it is obviously going to be said. My point is posting that statement is pointless...of course thats what his answer would be. Hell we probably could have almost written it word for word ourselves.

And for some reason my main point is lost. My problem isn't just about this hit. It isn't just about his taunting of the OU player. It's his display he feels the need to put on now and in the past, even when he wasn't backing it up on the field. For instance, I don't like himself calling himself "The Assassin" on Huskervision during player introductions (at least the game I was at last year he did). Pretty full of himself regardless of what happens in the game.

My point is posting that statement is pointless...of course thats what his answer would be. Hell we probably could have almost written it word for word ourselves.

It's a message board where we discuss what the players do and say. We talk about what the coaches do and say, what the fans do and say, and what the media does and says. Posting stuff like Asante's quote isn't "pointless," it's the very point of this board.

Huh. Strange. Because anytime I or anyone else doesn't completely agree with something that a player, coach or anonymous board poster has to say we get bashed, told to shut up, and our opinions are worthless. Guess I'm confused on what is a good point and what is pointless.

Huh. Strange. Because anytime I or anyone else doesn't completely agree with something that a player, coach or anonymous board poster has to say we get bashed, told to shut up, and our opinions are worthless. Guess I'm confused on what is a good point and what is pointless.

Oh come on. Stop with the melodramatics. People disagree with me all the time, it's no big deal. You gotta have conviction in your beliefs and tough it out. Be open minded enough to change your opinion if you're wrong, or have enough info or be convincing enough to show folks you're right when you're right. This is all pretty simple stuff.

maybe Bo has to shout so loud because Cotton wears Bose noise-cancelling head phones. if you rewatch the film, it appears as if Cotton was completely oblivious to Bo shouting at him.

um... as he should be... what do you want him to do? drop down to his knees and suck bo off in the middle of the game? beg for forgiveness? he's a god damn football coach.. a player that he coaches effed up, and that reflects on NU, which reflects on Bo.. Its just like a job... If an employee messes up bad enough, the customer goes to the GM/owner, who goes to the assistant manager, who goes to the department manager, who in turn goes to the employee and gets their ass ripped. it's part of barney's job, and he knows it.. it would/should be no different than if Bo was yelling at any other coach. But of course, since its cotton, theres something to it......

i never knew how a chain of command worked, thank you. i do not know what you are exactly responding to or what the bold parts mean. but, my post was referring to the fact that Barney did not acknowledge Bo at all, did not even turn his head, no head nod in agreement, nothing. that seemed odd, it appeared he was ignoring Bo because he either does not appreciate Bo shouting at him or because he understood that is just how Bo operates and he needed to let out the steam. i don not know.

nobody knows what was said. in a situation like this with people getting yelled at, it is almost always not directly their fault, hence the chain of command example, sorry if that offended you, it was needed since you're obviously calling him out because he wasn't acknowledging it. Since you're the expert, how is Barney supposed to respond to something like..."WHAT THE F**K WAS HE DOING TRIPPING HIM? GET THAT F**KING sh#t FIGURED OUT NOW!!!!"....? Well, if it was me, I wouldnt respond. I'd continue doing my job and rip the kids head off for being a dumb@ss as soon as he gets to the sideline. if you respond, you're more likely to get an "I DONT WANT ANY F**KING EXCUSES, JUST FIX IT" kind of response than a calm "You're right Barney, it's not you're fault.. I apologize for yelling at you" kind of response. It's not like Bo was sitting there looking for a response from barney. he yelled, and continued on, not looking for a response.. But as the 2nd bolded part states, because its Cotton, people like you are going to find any way possible to nit pick at him.

maybe Bo has to shout so loud because Cotton wears Bose noise-cancelling head phones. if you rewatch the film, it appears as if Cotton was completely oblivious to Bo shouting at him.

um... as he should be... what do you want him to do? drop down to his knees and suck bo off in the middle of the game? beg for forgiveness? he's a god damn football coach.. a player that he coaches effed up, and that reflects on NU, which reflects on Bo.. Its just like a job... If an employee messes up bad enough, the customer goes to the GM/owner, who goes to the assistant manager, who goes to the department manager, who in turn goes to the employee and gets their ass ripped. it's part of barney's job, and he knows it.. it would/should be no different than if Bo was yelling at any other coach. But of course, since its cotton, theres something to it......

i never knew how a chain of command worked, thank you. i do not know what you are exactly responding to or what the bold parts mean. but, my post was referring to the fact that Barney did not acknowledge Bo at all, did not even turn his head, no head nod in agreement, nothing. that seemed odd, it appeared he was ignoring Bo because he either does not appreciate Bo shouting at him or because he understood that is just how Bo operates and he needed to let out the steam. i don not know.

nobody knows what was said. in a situation like this with people getting yelled at, it is almost always not directly their fault, hence the chain of command example, sorry if that offended you, it was needed since you're obviously calling him out because he wasn't acknowledging it. Since you're the expert, how is Barney supposed to respond to something like..."WHAT THE F**K WAS HE DOING TRIPPING HIM? GET THAT F**KING sh#t FIGURED OUT NOW!!!!"....? Well, if it was me, I wouldnt respond. I'd continue doing my job and rip the kids head off for being a dumb@ss as soon as he gets to the sideline. if you respond, you're more likely to get an "I DONT WANT ANY F**KING EXCUSES, JUST FIX IT" kind of response than a calm "You're right Barney, it's not you're fault.. I apologize for yelling at you" kind of response. It's not like Bo was sitting there looking for a response from barney. he yelled, and continued on, not looking for a response.. But as the 2nd bolded part states, because its Cotton, people like you are going to find any way possible to nit pick at him.

well, barney could have shock his head agreeing with Bo with his shouts, that what I meant, he was probably just venting rather than flat out ripping him a new one. if i were to get yelled at, i'm usually very agreeable and show that i understand the concern being conveyed. i really was not calling him out. i just thought it was something worth discussing. i do not appreciate the 'people like you statement,' please do not generalize me. i do not see how what i posted was a criticizing of barney, i earlier defended him against bo's tirade and was just wondering what people thought was the context of the shouting.