Asante...

cmb23

I'm proud of Asante for the hit. It's a bout damn time someone started layin to a quarterback. This feet first rule is a bunch of crap. What are defenders supposed to do when a QB is scramblin up the middle, just stay off and let him have an extra five yards. If the pretty boys dont wanna get hit then they damn well better be goin down a hellofa lot sooner than that. Ala Zac Robinson last night, he didnt go down and paid for it, but it was a legal. i am just so sick of this protectin the qb crap. if they cant handle the contact, they are playin the wrong sport.

I'm proud of Asante for the hit. It's a bout damn time someone started layin to a quarterback. This feet first rule is a bunch of crap. What are defenders supposed to do when a QB is scramblin up the middle, just stay off and let him have an extra five yards. If the pretty boys dont wanna get hit then they damn well better be goin down a hellofa lot sooner than that. Ala Zac Robinson last night, he didnt go down and paid for it, but it was a legal. i am just so sick of this protectin the qb crap. if they cant handle the contact, they are playin the wrong sport.

Hell yea brother! Fully Agreed! And it wasn't a helmet to helmet, his shoulder hit wimp boy in the chest...... football not golf!

Dude some people have nothing better to do then wHine about how a Player does.. Would you rather him play like he was playing with Callahan??? Defense is defense.. The name of the game is hit them in the mouth and let them know its going to be a LONG ASS DAY... I have seen alot worse taunting from guys playing for NU back when the DEFENSE was nasty and winning CHAMIONSHIPS.. Noone was griping then...

I would like to know who has more flags thrown against them SUH or ASANTE...

And some people have nothing better to do than bitch about someone elses opinion...welcome to a message board. If that taunt or hit happens to one of our receivers or our QB there would be 4 threads about how cheap and unsportsmanlike it was. And yes...now the "No I wouldn't say that" comments will begin...

Dude some people have nothing better to do then wHine about how a Player does.. Would you rather him play like he was playing with Callahan??? Defense is defense.. The name of the game is hit them in the mouth and let them know its going to be a LONG ASS DAY... I have seen alot worse taunting from guys playing for NU back when the DEFENSE was nasty and winning CHAMIONSHIPS.. Noone was griping then...

And some people have nothing better to do than bitch about someone elses opinion...welcome to a message board. If that taunt or hit happens to one of our receivers or our QB there would be 4 threads about how cheap and unsportsmanlike it was. And yes...now the "No I wouldn't say that" comments will begin...

Isn't that what you're doing? :dunno

While this is overkill....I still say standing over any player after a big hit is taunting. Go back and high five your team or play to the crowd. I still don't see why safeties get so pumped taking a shot at a guy that doesn't even see it coming. If you run the ball carrier over making a tackle when he tries to run you down that's impressive. It was a clean hit though.

That is a good point. If it was k-state that had a late hit when Lee was sliding, we would be in a rage. However, I would argue, that then we would be wrong and blinded by bias. But that is a good point and something to think about, try imagining the tables are turned and how the would affect the reaction. It is not saying one is right over the other, but it does add perspective. Here is another way to get perspective, go to the kstate message board, they are crazy and hate everything about us and believe that NU has at best a decent defense and we likely do not have a chance. I do not think I would be too hard if a defender had a late hit on our QB, if it was similar to Asante’s, I would be more upset about what he did at OU, even though I do not believe he knew he was injured.

That is a good point. If it was k-state that had a late hit when Lee was sliding, we would be in a rage. However, I would argue, that then we would be wrong and blinded by bias. But that is a good point and something to think about, try imagining the tables are turned and how the would affect the reaction. It is not saying one is right over the other, but it does add perspective. Here is another way to get perspective, go to the kstate message board, they are crazy and hate everything about us and believe that NU has at best a decent defense and we likely do not have a chance. I do not think I would be too hard if a defender had a late hit on our QB, if it was similar to Asante’s, I would be more upset about what he did at OU, even though I do not believe he knew he was injured.

That's all I'm saying. It's easy for so many to justify when we are delivering the hits.

That's all I'm saying. It's easy for so many to justify when we are delivering the hits.

You're right, and it's not easy to read, but this is human nature. Every pro and college message board is filled with this kind of stuff. Everyone's a homer, and it's unrealistic to chastise someone for not being objective about their team.

:facepalm:

What is wrong with some of you today? Why are some of you complaining....we won yesterday and we are now 7-3....I don't understand some of you.

I hate Bo's temper, why is Bo wearing a gray sweatshirt, Bo shouldn't yell at Cotton and Watson even though our Offensive line and play calling is horrible, Bo chews his gum like a horse, our players are hitting people too hard, Bo yells at the officals too much, Why doesn Carl wear black instead of red, how come Zac Lee hasn't eaten a hot dog yet on the sidelines......

I could go on and on but all of the complaining is getting old. We are 7-3 and could very well win our next 2 games and head down to Dallas for the Big 12 Championship game in Bo's 2nd year as head coach.

Why hasn't Lee eaten a hot dog on the sideline yet? Does he not believe in America?

We deserve answers!!! :steam

The first thing I yelled was, "MORON!" when he made contact-- I was mad. The only thing I didn't agree with was the announcer's assertion that Asante should be ejected. It was stupid, it cost the team, but he was in motion, it looked like the D was getting frustrated, it was just a stupid penalty.

And as for the "taunting" he got to his feet and made a couple of quick hops. Do that. Stand up and hop twice. It doesn't take long-- everything looks worse in slow motion. I think it was a normal "pumped up" move.

You're right. I noticed a thread with the Crouch facemask in it. Fans are livid when their team has an act like that committed against one of their players. Not so much when it's their team committing the act. I was a bit surprised by Matt Davison when he said on the air well if you're going to make a hit like that make it count. I haven't seen it yet, but a few people have told me it was pretty bad.

You're right. I noticed a thread with the Crouch facemask in it. Fans are livid when their team has an act like that committed against one of their players. Not so much when it's their team committing the act. I was a bit surprised by Matt Davison when he said on the air well if you're going to make a hit like that make it count. I haven't seen it yet, but a few people have told me it was pretty bad.

Congratulations to the both of you. You've discovered that Nebraska fans are human, too.

Welcome to every conversation on every message board by every fan base in every season of just about every sport, ever.

I mean, really - did you guys think this was a conversation isolated to Nebraska fans? Really?

Congratulations to the both of you. You've discovered that Nebraska fans are human, too.

Welcome to every conversation on every message board by every fan base in every season of just about every sport, ever.

I mean, really - did you guys think this was a conversation isolated to Nebraska fans? Really?

Well when you see us posting cheap shots on our tunnel walk videos.....then you have a point. Plus the facemask on crouch....didn't even get called.

No, we're too busy chanting Sal's dead. Of course, we're not the ones trying to convince everyone that Nebraska fans are above and beyond other fan bases. We're not the ones trying to convince others that things even though they've been witnessed never really happened. I mean really, Nebraska has a few bad fans?

Oh, lord, here we go again. More whining about Sal Aunese.