Asante...

cmb23

Well I got disagreed with by most about his actions last week. The hit on the OU player was a clean hard hit, but he definitely was taunting the guy afterwards (whether he knew he was hurt or not). And yes he 'applauded' after the guy got up and walked off the field, but that was just to make up for his foolish actions he put on display in the middle of the field.

Now this week he took a real cheap shot on Reesing. Not only was Reesing sliding, which you can't contact at all...but it was a very late shot and totally a head shot. And he acted like he was totally surprised that he was flagged for it?!?! Wouldn't be surprised if the conference has something to say about it.

Sure the guy plays hard and that's what you need, but learn when to turn it on and off. Make a hit, get up and get back to the huddle.

eh i didn't think it was as bad as the announcers made it out to be. IMO Reesing had slid so late that he was already in tackling motion, but the hit ended up being helmet to helmet which is what I would have thrown the flag for I guess. I couldn't believe how the announcers were just sure he'd be ejected. You rarely see a player get ejected for a hit...ridiculous IMO

eh i didn't think it was as bad as the announcers made it out to be. IMO Reesing had slid so late that he was already in tackling motion, but the hit ended up being helmet to helmet which is what I would have thrown the flag for I guess. I couldn't believe how the announcers were just sure he'd be ejected. You rarely see a player get ejected for a hit...ridiculous IMO

I thought they overblew the situation as well. Sliding sucks for the defense because it's hard to avoid contact sometimes. On the jerky espn360 replay it appeared to me that Asante's shoulderpad contacted Reesing's helmet, but I could be wrong.

The hit was late. Not ejection-worthy, but late. He made a poor decision, and it will probably be pointed out to him. 15 yards was appropriate.

I figure hits like that will happen when a defense plays with the right amount of nasty. If you teach these guys to hit hard and be aggressive, you can't punish them when they make a hard, aggressive hit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Big 12 takes issue with the hit, but I doubt it will amount to much.

I don't if it was a taunt at OU or just over celebratory but, regardless, Asante did show some respect after the hit.

The late hit, with Reesing, does happen a lot in football. Suh has been penalized for this exact same thing. And he has said that once you are in motion and going for the hit, it's not something you can just stop. He got a fifteen yard penalty, it happens, and lets hope it doesn't happen at crucial game changing times.

Well I got disagreed with by most about his actions last week. The hit on the OU player was a clean hard hit, but he definitely was taunting the guy afterwards (whether he knew he was hurt or not). And yes he 'applauded' after the guy got up and walked off the field, but that was just to make up for his foolish actions he put on display in the middle of the field.

Now this week he took a real cheap shot on Reesing. Not only was Reesing sliding, which you can't contact at all...but it was a very late shot and totally a head shot. And he acted like he was totally surprised that he was flagged for it?!?! Wouldn't be surprised if the conference has something to say about it.

Sure the guy plays hard and that's what you need, but learn when to turn it on and off. Make a hit, get up and get back to the huddle.

I loved the hit he put on reesing

Me too :cheers:snacks:

:yeah