NU-TU: Keys to the Game?

craigsker

If we win, it will because defense wins football games.

1. Stop the run and force Texas to become one dimensional. Put the game in the hands of the secondary.

2. Takeaways/fumbles: No brainer...Turnovers are always huge.

3. Defensive Line play: Sacks/Pressure on McCoy.

4. Special Teams: Make 'em work hard for points with another huge kicking game from Henery/Kunalic. Returns to mid-field to make our offense not have to work as hard with good field position.

5. Hog the ball: Keep the Texas offense off the field.

Share yours?

I hope we first remember to try some of these out on Colorado.

:dunno

ya I agree, worry about beating Colorado first, don't plan for the future if you can't plan for the present

1. Stop the run and force Texas to become one dimensional. Put the game in the hands of the secondary.

4. Special Teams: Make 'em work hard for points with another huge kicking game from Henery/Kunalic. Returns to mid-field to make our offense not have to work as hard with good field position.

Share yours?

Agree. I seem to remember we have a game this Friday. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain we do.

Share yours?

Agree. I seem to remember we have a game this Friday. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain we do.

as long as you are not a coach or player, you can forget.

Keys to the NE vs. UT game hmmmmm don't we play colorado on friday....not texas? Hopefully the players and coaches don't think like some of the people on this board.

newsflash: none of us are on the team. none of us are coaches. (I may or may not be Mack Brown incognito, shhh). do not worry, i have not lost focused in practice because of UT, oh wait, i do not practice, i am a spectator. why is every so concerned about the fans interest in the UT game? :dunno:dunno:dunno every time someone starts to discuss the UT game there are a dozen, 'don't forget about about CU,' 'remember, we play CU,' 'is not there a game before UT, oh yea, CU.' well i am not a player or a coach and i can be as distracted as i please, i will be just as focused watching the CU game whether or not i spend this week discussing UT, do not worry. UT is big news and it is exciting and it is worth discussing on a board that lately should not be called HuskerBoard.com, but rather HuskerBored.com. Every, feel free to discuss UT, if Bo is so distracted by what we are saying on this board that he can not focus on CU, well then, we are in bigger trouble than just overlooking CU.

Please don't stoop to the "t.u." thing. Your fanbase is better than that

I am unaware of this "T.U." thing. Can you enlighten me?

t.u.: Derogatory name for The University of Texas at Austin, normally abbreviated UT, the main rival school to Texas A&M University. Aggies maintain that UT is "a" university in Texas not "the" university of Texas. The t.u. therefore stands for "texas university", with the lowercase letters being an added insult.

t.u., whorns, sips/t-sips, UTerus...all "insults" from inferior schools. It's like me saying "Texas vs. The Bugeaters"

I don't get why Texas fans are so sensitive about this. Texas is JUST a university in Texas. Nebraska fans don't feel insulted when people call us the University of Nebaska-Lincoln. And we certainly aren't insulted by being called the bugeaters. Toughen up man. You look whiny.