lack of holding calls on our D-line

BeachBuffs does a great job contributing to this forum. I enjoy folks from other teams and their outlooks. Let's try and live up to being the classy fans we are supposed to be. Colorado played a great game. Saying they didn't basically takes away from our win.

no doubt, CU played well against us and OSU, so they came together at the end. I also enjoy BeachBuff's smack, it's good natured and part of being a sports fan. not to mention, we talk enough smack against other teams, and our own for that matter. beachbuff should be a little defensive considering how much hatred there is for CU in this forum.

Yes the holding does go on on every play, but there are times when it is missed when it clearly affects the play. Remember a 4th qtr scramble by Hansen around the left corner for a 15 yard gain or so, Crick had the angle, would have either sacked him, or forced a throw away or pick, but rather and offensive lineman comes runnin up Crick's back knocking him down, clearly a block in the back that was way out in the open and had a direct affect on the outcome of the play. Those are the ones that drive me nuts. And how's about the hands to the face not called against whoever tore Turner's helmet off. But god forbid if it was Suh's hand on someone's helmet. Just wait till next week, first time Suh gets hold of Mccoy and throws him down "too hard" and a personal foul penalty is call in Suh again DURING a sack.

To be fair - the grounding call was verrrry close.

Actually, I think they flat out blew that one, but we didn't get much in the way of replays to review.

I'd rather see them let the holding calls go than call them every other play. They were probably just setting the tone for next week when UTerus gets to do whatever they want.

I don't want to see holding on every play. But when people in the nose bleed seats can see holding then the refs should throw a flag.

i think it should not be called on every play either, but when it patently affects the outcome of the play, it needs to be called. a sack should not be avoided because of a hold. also, when an O-linemen tackles someone or blocks in the back, that has to be called.

i considered those to be obvious enough that people in the "nose bleed seats" could see them... there were many plays that i saw a cu o-lineman 'tackle' our d-line or have an arm holding on to them... im not saying our o-line didnt do the same thing, i just wasnt watching for it when we had the ball

Obviously, the refs didn't call holds either way for the most part, and both teams held plenty, which always happens. In CU's case, though, they were throwing more so it was much more evident and, IMO, had a greater impact. There was one play where, right in front of the REFEREE, of all people, one of the CU O-linemen straight up tackled Crick when he got past him. Referee didn't even reach for his flag as though he thought about it. There was also a HUGE, ridiculously obvious hold on Meredith late in the game, even the announcers commented on it and said Bo was going nuts about it. Meredith had a line on the QB until an OL tackled him (from behind if I remember right) and took him out of the play.

I'd be more upset if it wasn't called evenly, which I think this game was for the most part.

There was one so blatant late in the game that I think it caused me to crash the board yesterday due to all the profanities I used in my post.

It was late in the game and CU was driving. Suh beat a double team inside and the OL grabbed Suh inside his collar, after Suh was past him mind you, and stopped him dead in his tracks. No call.

It gave me flashbacks to VA Tech and that holding call on Ricky Henry when we scored the TD. Our great B12 officials make that call, against us on the road, when at least Henry was engaged in front of the defender. But Colorado's OL does it from behind the defender and no call.

Maybe Henry should have let the d-linemen beat him in Blacksburg, then held him. We then get no call and win the game. Someone needs to teach Henry the art of how to blatantly hold and get away with it. :)

There was one so blatant late in the game that I think it caused me to crash the board yesterday due to all the profanities I used in my post.

It was late in the game and CU was driving. Suh beat a double team inside and the OL grabbed Suh inside his collar, after Suh was past him mind you, and stopped him dead in his tracks. No call.

It gave me flashbacks to VA Tech and that holding call on Ricky Henry when we scored the TD. Our great B12 officials make that call, against us on the road, when at least Henry was engaged in front of the defender. But Colorado's OL does it from behind the defender and no call.

Maybe Henry should have let the d-linemen beat him in Blacksburg, then held him. We then get no call and win the game. Someone needs to teach Henry the art of how to blatantly hold and get away with it. :)

Isn't that the same play that Crick broke loose after they held Suh and he got horse collar pulled down as well? Sections 102 and 103 almost came out on the field after that.

The holding and block in the back no calls were heavily weighed in their favor, although I am positve we got away with a few.

The worst no call IMO was the late hit against Turner RIGHT in front of the Damn Refs. I don't care if it was the end of the game it should have been called as well as the holding by multiple Buff O-linemen.

[The call wasn't anywhere near close. It was a fumble, plain and simple.

:yeah

I've been saying this every since the OU game. We have one of the best front fours in College Football and we haven't had a whole lot of holding calls called against the opposing teams. I know we've had several QB hurries and sacks but I've seen numerous holdings that haven't been called which have been pretty obvious....most of them right infront of the Umpire.