QB keeper

n.e.husker

The play call on 3rd and more then 10 yards is always the same. QB keeper.

I know our Offense hasnt shown it can do much this year, but come on. Show

some sort of confidense in them to go out and make a play, as opposed to

rolling over and punting.(i know Henerey is a great weapon)

Take a shot over the middle to Mcneil-it might work.

A slant and go to Paul, or a hitch n go.

I havent seen a pump fake from the qb all year. :dunno

Not sure how all of you feel, but we are about to go the CCG.

Lets show some life on Offense, even if it means taking a chance.

Defenses will never respect us(i know its hard to) unless we take more chances.

It could be the death of us, or it could take us to a different level confidense wise.

:snacks:

The play call on 3rd and more then 10 yards is always the same. QB keeper.

I know our Offense hasnt shown it can do much this year, but come on. Show

some sort of confidense in them to go out and make a play, as opposed to

rolling over and punting.(i know Henerey is a great weapon)

Take a shot over the middle to Mcneil-it might work.

A slant and go to Paul, or a hitch n go.

I havent seen a pump fake from the qb all year. :dunno

Not sure how all of you feel, but we are about to go the CCG.

Lets show some life on Offense, even if it means taking a chance.

Defenses will never respect us(i know its hard to) unless we take more chances.

It could be the death of us, or it could take us to a different level confidense wise.

:snacks:

I know Henery is a weapon, but I see UT blocking one of our punts this weekend. :dunno ... one of our 40 punts. :snacks:

I touched on this in another thread.

There comes a point where taking the offense down too many notches becomes a bad thing. I, like many on this board, called for a vanilla offense that would let these players excel. It's now getting to the point where it appears that the coaches have no confidence in anything they can do other than run the same 10 plays all damn game.

Why, on 1st down in Colorado territory with a minute left in the first half, did Watson call a COMPLETELY predictable play action deep ball to Niles Paul? I saw the formation, I saw Paul start slow and then begin to make his cut, and the cornerback did as well. The thing was nearly picked off.

Watson, I know I said everything you were doing is too complicated and you needed to simplify things. But right now, you are showing about as much confidence in these kids as I would a group of 10 year olds playing football. Twice yesterday we had great success with two slant pattern passes to Niles Paul that were thrown beautifully, and then we didn't see them or anything else like it the rest of the game.

We won't beat Texas with that offense. OU was a lucky get with a Frosh QB, their huge TE weapon out, and a banged up o-line. The best offense and one of the better defenses is about to play us. It's time to throw ultra-conservative play calling into the wind and open things up more to get yards and get points.

Actually, I like the QB draw. The problem is that neither QB seems to execute it well. They don't seem to sell the pass. They drop back and immediately take off when there's no hole. Gotta sit in the pocket and look around for a while, then take off.

Obviously they arent coached to to look around for a while and take off, or they would have in the previous

11 games. Does the Line give them time to do that?

Please get rid of it, texas is around the corner.

I touched on this in another thread.

There comes a point where taking the offense down too many notches becomes a bad thing. I, like many on this board, called for a vanilla offense that would let these players excel. It's now getting to the point where it appears that the coaches have no confidence in anything they can do other than run the same 10 plays all damn game.

Why, on 1st down in Colorado territory with a minute left in the first half, did Watson call a COMPLETELY predictable play action deep ball to Niles Paul? I saw the formation, I saw Paul start slow and then begin to make his cut, and the cornerback did as well. The thing was nearly picked off.

Watson, I know I said everything you were doing is too complicated and you needed to simplify things. But right now, you are showing about as much confidence in these kids as I would a group of 10 year olds playing football. Twice yesterday we had great success with two slant pattern passes to Niles Paul that were thrown beautifully, and then we didn't see them or anything else like it the rest of the game.

We won't beat Texas with that offense. OU was a lucky get with a Frosh QB, their huge TE weapon out, and a banged up o-line. The best offense and one of the better defenses is about to play us. It's time to throw ultra-conservative play calling into the wind and open things up more to get yards and get points.

I agree. I'm getting REALLY frustrated are the sucess we are having playing vanilla football.

Actually, I like the QB draw. The problem is that neither QB seems to execute it well. They don't seem to sell the pass. They drop back and immediately take off when there's no hole. Gotta sit in the pocket and look around for a while, then take off.

Except for the other 50% of the time where he has an opening immediately and sits around too long causing it to collapse. Thanks coach! You see what you are looking for and ignore what you don't want to see.

Dead on hskrpwr. Now, if only we had Beau Davis under center, this wouldn't even be an issue.