You know what I was think about if we win on Saturday

I hope if/when Nebraska beats Texas they would give something to Nebraska and not say give excuses to Texas. There is hope, on some Sunday Night College GameDay deal on ESPN or ESPNU they were giving props to Nebraska talking about the Big XII Championship saying you can't simply count out Nebraska and think that this will be an easy win for Texas.

they would give our 'd' some credit, especially if it is a low scoring game (which it will almost have to be for us to win). they have already talked about how good our 'd' is and that McCoy and their Offense will have their work cut out for them. Bo already has a lot of respect for his ability to coach 'd', so it would not be a surprise and they would have to see that it was our stout 'd', which has been good all year and has the best player in the nation, that gave us the win. i disagree with the op because this would be more suspected, unlike the aTm game, which they made all kinds of excuses (rivalry, down day for defense...), although McCoy did have a good game that night.

I thought that also but no matter what they say it translates to Nebraska is in the fiesta bowl

To face a team like Boise State?

I'm getting hook and ladder/statue of liberty nightmares already!

Anyways, this has been the MO of Nebraska all year. Win the game, but find ways for everybody to criticize you for not being that good.

Actually, this sounds like it's been the MO my whole life. <_<

I believe really there is no excuses for losing. Face the facts you lost, no excuses, Non of the "Our defense was off tonight", or "Colt McCoy had an off night" BLAH BLAH BLAH! I DON'T CARE FOR EXCUSES, you either win or you lose, no if's or but's about it. No matter what happens saturday these two teams are in a position that 10 other Big XII teams aren't in. We are both here because we are both the best teams in our respective divisions. I believe both teams will give it their all on saturday. We will see the heart and soul that will be put into this game from Nebraska. Nebraska WILL win saturday. And i'm standing by my bold prediction no matter how much criticism I will get for predicting this from friends, and maybe family who don't believe.

No one is going to be saying "Wow Nebraska's offense played awsome that day" or "Nebraska's Defense did good at stopping McCoy" I think all we will here is "McCoy had an off game" or "Texas's D was down this game" or "they were looking past this game to the big title"

What will be nice is what we won't hear anymore, like how Nebraska and Duke are the only teams not to beat a top 20 team since whenever, or how the B12S beats the north every year in this game, stuff like that. I think you're right that the story on Sunday morning will be that Texas lost, not that Nebraska won, but longer term this will be all really good for us.

No one is going to be saying "Wow Nebraska's offense played awsome that day" or "Nebraska's Defense did good at stopping McCoy" I think all we will here is "McCoy had an off game" or "Texas's D was down this game" or "they were looking past this game to the big title"

What will be nice is what we won't hear anymore, like how Nebraska and Duke are the only teams not to beat a top 20 team since whenever, or how the B12S beats the north every year in this game, stuff like that. I think you're right that the story on Sunday morning will be that Texas lost, not that Nebraska won, but longer term this will be all really good for us.

That deserves a big time: :yeah