Predictions

Bradr

Nice info. Nonetheless, I think we'll lose to Texas. I've stated before I think it will be close at the half but end up something like 35-17 or worse for us. We've had a pretty good season considering our offensive woes and are only a few plays short of being 11-1 for this game. I just think Texas has too many big play makers and that's exactly what we are missing.

Nice info. Nonetheless, I think we'll lose to Texas. I've stated before I think it will be close at the half but end up something like 35-17 or worse for us. We've had a pretty good season considering our offensive woes and are only a few plays short of being 11-1 for this game. I just think Texas has too many big play makers and that's exactly what we are missing.

This is not intended just for you

I wish people would stop the whole couple plays from 11 - 1.

We lost the games we lost and won the game we won. Our 2009 record as of today is 9 - 3

What about if some of the game we won had a couple plays in the opposite direction. What if the the refs had called P.I. on Prince on the INT in the OU game that he returned to the 1. They didn't we we scored and won that game. What if Eric Martin had not blocked that punt in the Baylor game followed by Justin Blatchford picking it up for a 25 yards touchdown or if Ben Parks had made his missed FG in the 4th quarter. Eric blocked the punt, Justin recovered it and scored a TD, and Ben Parks was 1/2 in field goals on the game.

In every game there is a Winner and Loser. There is not a maybe, almost, or should have column.

We lost the games we lost and won the game we won. Our 2009 record as of today is 9 - 3

What about if some of the game we won had a couple plays in the opposite direction. What if the the refs had called P.I. on Prince on the INT in the OU game that he returned to the 1. They didn't we we scored and won that game. What if Eric Martin had not blocked that punt in the Baylor game followed by Justin Blatchford picking it up for a 25 yards touchdown or if Ben Parks had made his missed FG in the 4th quarter. Eric blocked the punt, Justin recovered it and scored a TD, and Ben Parks was 1/2 in field goals on the game.

In every game there is a Winner and Loser. There is not a maybe, almost, or should have column.

There are 120+ plays in every game. When one play clearly makes the difference in the final outcome, most fans find it worthy of discussion. The blown cover 2 against VT and any one of the five fumbles against ISU was enough to give us a loss instead of a win. Prince's INT was not so cut and dry. If PI gets called on Prince, the outcome is up in the air. We could have gotten the ball back and won 6-3, or we could have gone to overtime at 3-3 and either team could have won in OT.

At least 95% of football games are not decided on a single play. When one is, most people find it worth talking about.

There are 120+ plays in every game. When one play clearly makes the difference in the final outcome, most fans find it worthy of discussion. The blown cover 2 against VT and any one of the five fumbles against ISU was enough to give us a loss instead of a win. Prince's INT was not so cut and dry. If PI gets called on Prince, the outcome is up in the air. We could have gotten the ball back and won 6-3, or we could have gone to overtime at 3-3 and either team could have won in OT.

At least 95% of football games are not decided on a single play. When one is, most people find it worth talking about.

I agree. I think those 2 games particularly are literally decided on 1 play. The TD that ended up with us @ 4th down and punting in the Va Tech game was a crushing play. That single play gives us the W and if we hold onto 1 of those fumbles we lost while scoring, we win. I understand that there is a winner/loser in most games but those 2 plays flipped could easily have us at 11-1. It doesn't matter though really as Texas is a better team at this current day. They'll win.

My only point is a lose is a lose. NE almost had an perfect season. They were the better team but they lost to the Giants. It can be debated all day with what if's but at the end of the day the game is over and the winner of the game The New York Giants.

We might have won if the VT play was defended but we might not have as well. If one fumble had been a score we might have scored in they ISU game but they might have as well. To me Prince's INT changed that game since we could not score other wise and OU missed 50 field goals.

I'm sorry if I don't see this your way. We are not an 11 - 1 team. Those type of teams play with the discipline required like to get the job done. An 11 - 1 team doesn't lose the games we lost regardless if it a win by 1 point they find a way to win.

Nebraska 41

Texas 20

:koolaid2:

I'll sip on that kool aid. Ha ha. I'll go with 9-7 'skers. No TD's for us but Alex hits a couple from 40+.

I don't know it anyone is interested or anyone cares...or how many of you live in/around Lincoln for that matter but Nebraska Bookstore is having a big sale for active military and vets through tomorrow. 40% off...I'm gonna load up.